©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Test Levels

deadlift

Jan 30, 2005
When you have blood work done, what figures
represent "low" testosterone levels versus "high"
and what are "normal" testosterone levels?

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
Bro just ask your doc he will know better than anyone eles. HE will most likley tell u if something is not normal

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
deadlift said:
When you have blood work done, what figures
represent "low" testosterone levels versus "high"
and what are "normal" testosterone levels?
It depends on who does the test. I see the medical field uses two different scales. One of them has a range of 300 to 1000ng/dl and the other has a range of (I believe) 240 to 880 ng/dl. HRT is designed to take you into the mid range of normal (between 500 and 600ng/dl).
Most practitioners now look at anything under 300ng/dl as low enough to need Hormone Replacement Therapy. HRT is for life. There is no such thing as putting you on HRT to help boost your levels so they can take you off later. It doesn't work that way.

BigTex

Feb 6, 2005
Testosterone "norms" are based upon age entirely. Under 300ng/dl is not HRT zone for someone over 50 for example.

I just got my blood work yesterday and my doc looked at me like some kind of mutant. My test was 2540 ng/dl! I thought I was going to have to come clean but she (yeah she is a hot 30 year old doc!) just said "I guess no woman is safe with you". :)

Ironaddict

Apr 20, 2005
In my own world
I had blood work done about 6 weeks ago and the my test was about 2100 ng/dl. I thought that was pretty decent. Tex has got some good levels kicking. Bro you should have gave the nurse a sample. It will all vary depending on age, on cycle, off cycle and the duration inbetween both. normal ranges between 270-1100 in normal males. free testosterone range .95-4.3 ng/dl and and % free testosterone .3%-5% normal is about 2% on average (non-AAS)