©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anti inflammatory use

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
Meloxicam/Monica...I've been using it for 5 years now to ease arthritis pain....no problems...

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
With even the short half life of some, if people take them every other day they will barely clear the system before the next dose is taken. And if you are damaging the stomachs lining a few days a week that can't be good. Aspirin doesn't seem to carry the same risks.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
With even the short half life of some, if people take them every other day they will barely clear the system before the next dose is taken. And if you are damaging the stomachs lining a few days a week that can't be good. Aspirin doesn't seem to carry the same risks.

NSAIDS are meant to be used just briefly. People make the mistake of using them daily, sometimes multiple times through the day and then do this EVERY single day of the week for months on end. This is where problems can begin.

ketsugo2

Apr 26, 2018
Great great post - I too am old worn out bastido I’m 54 bodybuilding since age 12 , daily martial arts since age 5 and later 8-12 hours day along with major bodybuilding. I had my spine reconstruction and hips replaced from all the damage . Yeah sucks getting old but I love training and nothing will stop me . I wonder if my years of Motrin use contribute to my demise ?? Can’t say but I like the natural suggestions here I use tumeric caps , I think Fatty acids help joints as well as my protein is a multi - collegen with 5 types . Plus I am big user of glucosamine and chrondrotin hell I even sprinkle on my cats food lol ( per veterinarian) I’d be interested to see what others use .

BrooklynBorn

Donating Member
Oct 8, 2017
Turmeric is a good compound in my opinion. Curcumin is the active ingredient in it that helps reduce swelling. You just need to make sure you are taking a big dose. I avoid NSAIDS as much as possible due to their down side such as heart issues. If there is really significant inflammation there shouldn't be to many issues with anti-inflammatories stopping postglandin production.

curious what type of heart issues they cause?

BrooklynBorn

Donating Member
Oct 8, 2017
I have had elbow or bicep tendon inflammation badly for several weeks in both arms and stiff joints in both elbows. How much Curcumin would I need to take in order to see a large difference? I have the jarrow ones currently. I think my legit ADD script is making matters worse. But Hoping mega dosing helps?

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I have had elbow or bicep tendon inflammation badly for several weeks in both arms and stiff joints in both elbows. How much Curcumin would I need to take in order to see a large difference? I have the jarrow ones currently. I think my legit ADD script is making matters worse. But Hoping mega dosing helps?

What dose are you using now? Most use 500-1000mg. You could use 2000mg. Adding anti-oxidants to the curcumin may also enhance it's effectiveness. I use it with 1000mg vitamin c.