©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

help for my miss pls

tbar699

Nov 13, 2007
hi ladies, my miss has joined the gym.she mostly does cardio but she has been using the machines too.She wants to just tone up really, what sort of rep range and routine would you advise for her?

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006

bryan

Dec 20, 2009
hi ladies, my miss has joined the gym.she mostly does cardio but she has been using the machines too.She wants to just tone up really, what sort of rep range and routine would you advise for her?

she should just do a full body type workout twice a week. 2 high rep sets per bodypart, no less than 12 reps,no more than 20 and cardio the days left

nvpowerlady

Nov 19, 2011
Some canyon in Nevada
Toning up.... that phrase make me giggle. Girls say this because think if they lift heavy they will get big. If she is not naturally muscular and big, she won't. I have trained a lot of women with very heavy weight and have NEVER had any of them get too big. Most of them will get smaller since muscle is more compact that fat and the core of the body tightens to support and adapt to the weight and movement.

I wish you would have given more information. Without specific goals it is difficult to help you put something together for her. But here is a rough outline. I personally think a rep range over 12-15 is unwarranted for a beginner. She will see better results and have less soreness with 8-12 reps. Weights 3 days a week. She can start circuit training to learn the movements and eventually expand to free weights. I would chose 3-4 upper body and 3-4 lower body exercises, 2-4 sets at 8-12 reps, at a weight that her last two reps are close or at fatigue. I would start with 2 sets week1, 3 week 2, 4 week 3, If at any time she is having serious soreness that is not gone before her next workout she should not increase the sets that week. At a min she should change up her workouts every 4 weeks.

Another option that many women love are fitness classes. Most of you guys laugh at them, but some of the group exercise weight lifting classes like Body pump are great workouts, fun and motivating. Kickboxing classes are also a great option to combine cardio and movement that builds muscle. I she could sub in a class for one of her weight days a week.