©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Jon Jones pulled from UFC 200

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Jon Jones pulled from UFC 200 for failed drug test, Lesnar vs. Hunt now main-event

It practically sounds like joke. If nothing else, it’s certainly surreal. But, reports are in that the UFC light heavyweight title fight crowning their massive UFC 200 PPV event has been cancelled following the news that Jon Jones failed an out of competition drug test. MMA Fighting was on the scene and reported the news via Twitter:

Jeff Novitzky says Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier is off. Jones failed an out-of-competition drug test.
— MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) July 7, 2016

Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt is the new main event for UFC 200.

White says he does not know what substance Jones tested positive for.

White said someone could pop up and want to fight Cormier on short notice.

Word is that an out-of-competition test, taken on June 16th is what’s resulted in the last minute fight change. It seems nearly impossible that the UFC could find a fighter to take on Cormier on just 3 days notice, but with one of the biggest potential PPVs of the year at stake, there’s a chance the UFC could get someone looking for a chance at fortune.

Fighting also reported that Dana White was apparently eating dinner when he got the news of the fight cancellation, so by all accounts it seems that the UFC was just as blindsided by this news as anyone else. Stay tuned to Bloody Elbow as we’ll be sure to keep you updated with more details as they become available.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I was just getting ready to post this! All I can say is F@#K!!

Lesnar vs Hunt is not a great main event for UFC 200...Jones really F@#KED this up...what a disappointment!!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
They invested too much in a guy that has proven time and time again to be a loose cannon...How many times is this guy going to run into these drug problems before he's untouchable?!

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
He's worthless. Guys would die to have his talent, and he throws it away. I've never liked him since he committed that hit and run accident with the pregnant mom a few years back, but that being said, it's disappointing to see this type of talent taken advantage of.

I wonder what the substance was he tested dirty on.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Guess we'll have to see what the banned substance is...I mean, if it was Coke, meth, pot, or AAS....it's kind of hard to have an excuse for those.

I agree with the Silva/Cormier matchup....but props to Silva for stepping up, he may be in over his head at this point, but i'll give him the respect he deserves for coming in to fight. He better keep it up on the feet!