©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Spring Break 2005

W

wolfyEVH

well fellas, I finally purchased my plane tickets and making my dream trip a reality. Girlfriend and I are going to Italy for spring break here in March. Staying in Rome for the 7 days and making a day trip to see Pompeii. Pissed off a bit because the tickets were 100 bucks cheaper yesterday (used orbitz). oh well, 1200 bucks roundtrip still isn't that bad for the 2 of us, considering we will be making stops in Frankfurt, Germany and Paris, France. Italy, Germany and France: sure beats goin to Mexico or Florida for spring break!!

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
1200 is that including the hotels as well or no?? that is pretty good, me and the wifey and the girlfriend are coming with. lol i'd rather go to europe since i never been. were thinking italy or greece. than going to padre or florida. since my wife is coming there is no point being around all those hot drunk girls.

W

wolfyEVH

TexasCreed said:
1200 is that including the hotels as well or no?? that is pretty good, me and the wifey and the girlfriend are coming with. lol i'd rather go to europe since i never been. were thinking italy or greece. than going to padre or florida. since my wife is coming there is no point being around all those hot drunk girls.

1200 is just for the plane tickets.....you wont find anything better than 1100-1200 for goin to rome from the US. (NYC maybe). We will be staying in a hostel, not a hotel. Hostels are like dorms, mainly for student travellers and backpackers, but we got our own room with a queensize bed. We just got to share a bathroom will a few other rooms though. We get 2 meals paid for everyday and we are only paying less than 500 bucks (50 euros per day) for the hostel for all 7 days.

I've wanted to go to Greece too, but Italy is one of the most incredible countries in the world. Girlfriend and I can speak some Italian so we'll blend in more with the local Romans. This trip is gonna cost us about 1200 a piece, so we really can't complain. You'd spend around 1000-1200 even more in Mexico.

W

wolfyEVH

here is a little teaser!!

collseum.jpg

Trevi%20Fountain%20(1).JPG

spanish-steps-2-750x500.jpg

Vatican%20City%20-%20St%20Peter's%20Square.jpg

pompeii.jpg

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Sounds like a Grand time....i myself have 3 kids and a wife that's deploying to iraq so here at home it is....or maybe go to my mom's for the summer. But anyways, have fun, be safe, take alot of pics to post back here.....and do it up like the Grizwalds European Vacation!

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Wolfy...I was in pompeii 2.5 years ago...it is one of the coolest places on earth. You will love it. Make sure you have PLENTY of time to explore the place, and bring a good camera!

W

wolfyEVH

heavy said:
Wolfy...I was in pompeii 2.5 years ago...it is one of the coolest places on earth. You will love it. Make sure you have PLENTY of time to explore the place, and bring a good camera!

we plan on being there for at least 4 hours.....did you visit Herculeneum? (Ercolano). Taking the train from Rome to Naples...then from there to pompeii. About 3 hours ride each way, not too bad. I'd like to visit Milan, Florence and Venice, but we don't have the time or money to do it. Maybe on our next trip to Italy. Its a dream of mine to retire out there.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
I never got to visit herculeneum...but 4 hours is minimum time for pompeii. I was only there for 2 hours...but i could stay there for a week at least...so much of the ruins are unexplored, acres of the city is still buried underground, with beatifull artifacts still to be found. Naples is a very cool place to by the way. Dangerous, but very unique!!

Bro...Europe is the coolest place I have ever been too! I have only been once, but I dream to go back. Enjoy yourself...it will be a trip to remember!

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
well im pretty much sold. and yes there will be sex pics in those locations, haha. and with some europeans, oh yeah. what else did yall expect??

lol

W

wolfyEVH

finally went to the post office to get the passports......330 bucks for the 2 of us....but thats including the expedited service so we get our passports in 2 weeks instead of 6. Just a few weeks away and I'll be eating some of the greatest food in the world!!

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Jeez, sounds and looks like its gonna be a great time wolfy, i would like to goto europe one day, but i need to goto mexico, with texas creed first.. theres a good book you might wanna get though i think its called europe on a shoe string it focuses on budget traveling in europed and got a whole bunch of good info in it. i had a friend who went there, he reccommended me the book, cause i was interested in going.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1740593146/103-8628952-1355028?v=glance

P

pincrusher

i love most of europe for vacation purposes. spent a few years traveling all over europe when i was a loadmaster on c-141 starlifter cargo planes in the AF had a blast :)

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I did italy and a big chunk of central europe in 98 was one of the best times of my life you are probibly up on this but while in rome carry your back pack\bags in front of you their are children/adults who go around and stand in line at whatever for the purpose of pit pocketing. thay are very good and most dont know thay have been had.

W

wolfyEVH

max lift said:
I did italy and a big chunk of central europe in 98 was one of the best times of my life you are probibly up on this but while in rome carry your back pack\bags in front of you their are children/adults who go around and stand in line at whatever for the purpose of pit pocketing. thay are very good and most dont know thay have been had.

already prepared for that but thanks again.......i plan on going to the ATM everyday and only taking out enough for 1 day......i plan on keeping my valuables in my front pocket. I'll be visiting the ancient sites during the Ides of March (march 15, assasinantion of julius caesar for those who dont know) and i'll be at Pompeii and Naples on St Patty's day......i have been wondering if while i'm there the pope will die and Mt Vesuvius will erupt again....lol
its gonna be the trip of a lifetime though.....I'll also be in Paris and Frankfurt for about 4 hours a piece while i switch planes......

W

wolfyEVH

daver003 said:
Wolf, are you bringing gear or did you time it so you're off cycle?

im starting as soon as i get back......not taking any chances