©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cody Montgomery Classic Physique

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
CODY MONTGOMERY'S CONTROVERSIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Live With - YouTube

He could have gone far in open but he is being smart. I don't blame him. He knows he would have to put on a lot of weight to be competitive in the open and he doesn't want to do that. I don't think he would look any better with 30-50 more pounds of stage weight. Although moving down to classic will be a big drop as he isn't that tall. The classic physique is going to be the most competitive division next year with many guys fighting for top spot. What do you think?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
It all depends on what he weighed at the Arnold. If he has to loose real muscle to chase a weight class down to make weight he's out of his mind. Big mistake IMO.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
It all depends on what he weighed at the Arnold. If he has to loose real muscle to chase a weight class down to make weight he's out of his mind. Big mistake IMO.

I think his weight was 225 so he would have to lose over 25 pounds. He said he pushed things for the Arnold in this interview. That he weighed 198 for the teen nationals and he could have been much leaner. He has been off everything most of the year and is weighing a softer 225 eating like a standard person. So he has to lose over 25 pounds. The thing is when he hits the drugs his body will want to grow. I think it is too low but he could do it and look great. I wonder if he ever thought about the 212 division. He is 5ft 8 so a bit tall for that division as the shorter guys are so wide and I suppose classic would give him a better chance.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ya, he will soon be gone completely out of the spot light. He will be a frail example of what he once was. Huge mistake. And IMO a decision that will end his career. Hopefully I'm wrong. But having lived it, I feel like I have personnel insight. He's done.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
I personally don’t see how he can make 200lbs if he is weighing 225lbs on no gear for an entire year. Once he adds in even a small amount he will start to gain back some size and he will have to loose at least 20-25lbs of lean muscle tissue. If he pulls it off I don’t feel he will have enough size or fullness to do well.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Ya, he will soon be gone completely out of the spot light. He will be a frail example of what he once was. Huge mistake. And IMO a decision that will end his career. Hopefully I'm wrong. But having lived it, I feel like I have personnel insight. He's done.

Don't forget the guy is only 23 years old. If he did fuck up he can come back next year. I doubt it would take him that long to get the mass he lost back. Although it sounds like he wants the fastest route to success in a show. It would take him years of growing to win an open show and weighing 250+ is not for everyone. He is between the 2 divisions norms right now so I can understand his decision. Something does tell me he won't have the success he thinks is possible.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Classic is my favourite division but he has the potential to do well with the big guys. But if he doesn't want to do what is needed to attain that size then it's not for him. He seems like a nice guy and it's not as if pumping himself full of drugs and food is the best life decision when you have a young family.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I'm not surprised he doesn't want to go the "normal" route. He can do classic physique, which have better lines anyway, and live a much healthier life. The size game is just out of control...not that I don't get impressed by the sheer size of some of the monsters out there but the lines of symmetry and a physique that flows are almost obsolete now. Ronnie was the last big man that still had a nice shoulder to waist ratio who balanced size with good lines.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I wish Cody the best. Sounds like he has a new found perspective on his life once he found out he was going to be a father. It will be interesting to see how he does.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I wish Cody the best. Sounds like he has a new found perspective on his life once he found out he was going to be a father. It will be interesting to see how he does.

It definitely changes everything. The death of Dallas must have hit hard as well. It will be very interesting to see where he fits in as that division is stacked now.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Don't forget the guy is only 23 years old. If he did fuck up he can come back next year. I doubt it would take him that long to get the mass he lost back. Although it sounds like he wants the fastest route to success in a show. It would take him years of growing to win an open show and weighing 250+ is not for everyone. He is between the 2 divisions norms right now so I can understand his decision. Something does tell me he won't have the success he thinks is possible.

I agree. He doesn't want to waste any time but at 23 if it didn't work out he could come back.

Classic is my favourite division but he has the potential to do well with the big guys. But if he doesn't want to do what is needed to attain that size then it's not for him. He seems like a nice guy and it's not as if pumping himself full of drugs and food is the best life decision when you have a young family.

As he stated in the video the open has gone so far to the right. I think that is a good thing and people will always want to see the freaks in bodybuilding. The big guys are impressive in their own way but the classic guys are what I would want to look like. I think it will get bigger each year.

I'm not surprised he doesn't want to go the "normal" route. He can do classic physique, which have better lines anyway, and live a much healthier life. The size game is just out of control...not that I don't get impressed by the sheer size of some of the monsters out there but the lines of symmetry and a physique that flows are almost obsolete now. Ronnie was the last big man that still had a nice shoulder to waist ratio who balanced size with good lines.

I feel the same. Freaks like Ronnie held their mass well. I think if Regan carried on gaining size it would go against his physique. The same could be said about many of the open guys who pushed the size game. Classic suits Regan well and he wouldn't have to risk his health as much in that division.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
He is between the 2 divisions norms right now so I can understand his decision.

I agree. He is in an awkward place. Basically too small for open and too big for classic. He is probably closer to classic so I can understand his decision too. The decision is likely better for his future health as well. He should look great at that weight.