©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Battle for the Olympia 1999

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
If this doesnt get your juices going.....your in the wrong forum! These guys just looked different. Maybe it was the quality of the gear? The training? Who knows? But God damn they look incredable! This is my idea of "The Golden Age".

[ame]https://youtu.be/NQd5Dkje0PA[/ame]

MyNameIsJeff

Sep 24, 2017
If this doesnt get your juices going.....your in the wrong forum! These guys just looked different. Maybe it was the quality of the gear? The training? Who knows? But God damn they look incredable! This is my idea of "The Golden Age".

https://youtu.be/NQd5Dkje0PA
The cameras filming them are very different from the digital ones used ever since just a couple years later. Makes a huge difference in bringing out the details of a physique.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
It seems for one thing that they obviously came in leaner. That was paramount, then they tried to be full but not if it meant giving up conditioning. It may be the drug stack that the guru's have them on doesn't allow for the depth of separation now. And trying to have a few more pounds of muscle at the expense of conditioning doesn't pay off for many.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Ironic seeing Flex fist bump Tom Prince in the beginning. It wouldn't be much longer before both of them were taken out by kidney failure. Tom had the potential to be a great bodybuilder too! I was never a big fan of Chris Cormier's physique. It didn't flow.

In the 70's and 80's the order of importance seemed to be...
1 - Shape/symmetry
2 - Conditioning
3 - Size

In the 90's it was...
1 - Shape/symmetry
2 - Conditioning and size were equal. Guys were becoming bigger and bigger.

Currently the order of importance seems to be...
1 - Size
2 - Should be something here but there's a big gap
3 - Shape/symmetry and Conditioning are definitely not what they used to be

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Great video. They all look fantastic as well. You don't see many guys look like that these days.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
These were my "glory" days of watching the sport. Fin times!

Did it look like Jay had some 'slight' gyno in his right pec? Same with Cormier?