©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hemoglobin (hct) home test kit

Rot-Iron66

Jun 30, 2017
I know when I used home test kits for Lipids, maybe 15+ years ago, hey were not accurate. (Finger-prick, etc). Those (and these hemoglobin ones) might be better these days.

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
My hemoglobin was 18.9 this morning...I had blood work done by my doctor last week....I have been in the 18 range for years...he wrote me a script for a phlebotomy...500 ccs every 2 weeks...sounds like fun...

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Normal hemoglobin counts are 14 to 17 gm/dL (grams per deciliter) your not real high if I'm not mistaking. I'm surprised the doc didn't suggest a special diet. Off juice it should go down also
Dehydration can do it also
So many things affect it in our life style

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
I tested at 17.1 in December the day of a donation...I will donate again on 2/17/22...I've been off everything since October 1...

Badmoki

Feb 13, 2022
My hemo is always a little high and I can't donate (don't ask haha)---Curious about the script for phlebotomy Koolio

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
Just got back from blood donation...hemo is down to 15.6...moral of my story is get off AAS and do a couple of donations...

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
My hemo is always a little high and I can't donate (don't ask haha)---Curious about the script for phlebotomy Koolio
You need a script from a doctor for a phlebotomy...also they will charge you $ for the service...it was $50 a while back...

Reactions: Badmoki

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
Normal hemoglobin counts are 14 to 17 gm/dL (grams per deciliter) your not real high if I'm not mistaking. I'm surprised the doc didn't suggest a special diet. Off juice it should go down also
Dehydration can do it also
So many things affect it in our life style
Going off your gear won't "make it go down", it's still in your body. You need to go off and donate, or phlebotomy. TRT doses will require the need for blood donations. You should donate blood anyway if you can, it grows back, and blood alone saves more lives in the emergency rooms than anything else.

Reactions: CollinDC

BigBaldBeardGuy

Jun 12, 2018
Anyone run gear and never donated blood? Curious to hear if anything negative happened. We’ve always been told to donate to keep hemocrit in range. I don’t really know why though.

lifter6973

Mar 9, 2018
Anyone run gear and never donated blood? Curious to hear if anything negative happened. We’ve always been told to donate to keep hemocrit in range. I don’t really know why though.
I have buddy. I didn't start donating until a few years ago. My numbers were a little high sometimes but never any issues for doc. Now I seem to fluctuate quite a bit and either my blood counts are high or my iron is low because it hasn't bounced back after my donation.

I take iron supplement 2 to 3 times a week for about a month after donation now.

FYI too - the higher your dosage, the higher your blood counts, therefore the need to donate so your blood is not too 'thick.'
I however never had much issues before I actually donated.
So it seems in my conclusion is that it may be some need to donate and others do not. One size does not fit all as I am sure you are aware. :)