©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Holly Holm willing to go up in weight to meet Cris 'Cyborg' Justino

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I still dont see why Holmes would even consider fighting Cyborg. I mean its very possible that her 15 minutes of fame may turn out to be just that. I realize she beat the Mike Tyson of womens MMA. But history Im afraid often repeats itself. Case in point Buster Douglas. And no Im not comparing Holmes to Douglas. Well yes I guess I am. I follow all MMA with a passion and Ive always been a part of the sport in some capacity even before MMA was cool. Anyway in alot of ways the Rousey/Holmes fight is very similiar to the Tyson/Douglas fight. Douglas caught Tyson at a point in his carrier that allowed him to become a one hit wonder. Tyson wasnt training right, partying, doing everything that ruins great fighters at their peak. Same with Rousey. Said herself she hadnt trained in grappling in well over a year. She was doing movies, web videos, partying, etc, etc. She had no bizness getting in the cage at all. Let alone try outstriking a world class striker. Just proves how bad her handlers really are. Ok now with all that being said Holmes did beat the piss out of Rousey. Would it of happened against the real Rousey. I doubt it but who cares it did. So where does that leave Holmes? Well she could and probably will defend her belt. I personally think she may have a few wins in her but regardless chances are her career isnt going to be long or highly paid. So other than having to defend the belt the only smart fight for her is a rematch with Rousey. Its the only win win financially. Shes gonna get a big payday for the rematch. If she wins again all her future fights will be high pay fights. If she loses to Rousey theres always a chance for another big payday in a rubber match. If she somehow fights Cyborg first no matter what its financial stupidity. She could loose. Get hurt. Why jeopardize the Rousey rematch and the $$$? MMA fighters careers are short enough especially woman. So hopefully she makes the smart choices and gets paid as much and as fast as possible....AR....