©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Brian Shaw Injures Pec During 575lb Bench

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Hopefully he doesn't have any issues with it after it's healed. Once you have had a pec tear or pull its always in the back of your head. He will have to beat this mentally as well.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I think Brian is at the end of his competitive career. He's a 4 time World's Strongest Man, which is incredible but I think his body has been through enough and he's 38.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I think Brian is at the end of his competitive career. He's a 4 time World's Strongest Man, which is incredible but I think his body has been through enough and he's 38.

I absolutely agree. 38 is still young but not in his game. He should walk away while he is still healthy.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I’m not sure if being a 4 time champ would make it easier to step back or harder ?.......AR

WesleyInman

Jul 28, 2013
Nice post.

I worked World Strongest Man for several years when Brian started. He really has come a long way

The thing is Strongmen rarely bench press. Its too high risk of injury and doesn't really convert.

When I worked with Poundstone he was hitting 585 bench for several reps barely trying. I would have loved to see the numbers these guys could hit if they actually benched regularly.

Finephysique

Jul 6, 2017
I think he is done, big Z was a beast but he just fell off a cliff in competitiveness against the really top tier and it was sad to see, I think Brian should walk before that happens.