©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you ever feel too big?

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
So, today I was thinking. And I've concluded there is a difference between "looking" too big and "feeling" too big. I never, probably like most of us on this site, have concluded that I "look" too big. I always want to look bigger. Always! No matter what. BUT, after putting 47lbs on in the past year of intense training, eating, and AAS use, I certainly do not feel that great lol. Hence my terminology of "feeling" too big. Maybe I'm not explaining this right, but I guess I don't really feel very well with all this mass. I came from a background of always being endurance oriented and that supported my lifestyle well. But, in this unending quest for size, my endurance has gone to shit. I get winded doing the dumbest stuff. Running at 231 lbs (6ft) is just not pleasurable anymore. In fact, it's rather unpleasant lol. And other everyday stuff just sucks, ie yard work, climbing stairs, rolling over in bed etc.

Just curious how others feel about this. Curious on any and all opinions.
Thanks.

-dunny-

May 14, 2015
I know many guys that feel or think the same way along with myself included. Many activities or sports I enjoy are hindered by the lack of "movement" or the over all feel of being too big when I bulk and carry an extra 20 or so lbs.

I know I have a "ideal" weight that I like and know is best to stay around for myself. I usually carry that In the summer months personally.

ParanoidFitness

When you're too winded to wipe your ass after taking a dump it's definitely time to work on endurance...

If you can make through 1 - 2 hours at the gym I'd say your endurance isn't too bad.

Are you bulking or cutting?

If you're not bulking I hope you're doing cardio...I know cardio sucks but it has its place and it will increase your endurance plus the added benefit of fat loss yada, yada.

If you're cutting you should be doing cardio.

By cardio I mean mixing up Steady State, HIIT and SMIT...different workouts routines on different equipment, running, riding a bike, go for a swim, bone your old lady in more than one position, whatever...change it up the way you change up your lifting.

So many of us are guilty of NEVER doing cardio.
Some guys think they need to bulk all the time.

Sorry to sound preachy. A lot of you guys have been doing this as long or longer than I have (30+ years) so I am certainly not telling you anything you don't already know.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
When you're too winded to wipe your ass after taking a dump it's definitely time to work on endurance...

If you can make through 1 - 2 hours at the gym I'd say your endurance isn't too bad.

Are you bulking or cutting?

If you're not bulking I hope you're doing cardio...I know cardio sucks but it has its place and it will increase your endurance plus the added benefit of fat loss yada, yada.

If you're cutting you should be doing cardio.

By cardio I mean mixing up Steady State, HIIT and SMIT...different workouts routines on different equipment, running, riding a bike, go for a swim, bone your old lady in more than one position, whatever...change it up the way you change up your lifting.

So many of us are guilty of NEVER doing cardio.
Some guys think they need to bulk all the time.

Sorry to sound preachy. A lot of you guys have been doing this as long or longer than I have (30+ years) so I am certainly not telling you anything you don't already know.
Yeah, I Am bulking. And basically have been for about a year lol. I did take a break and dieted during the summer and did cardio, but of course my cardio slips when I bulk.

I used to be an endurance runner. I loved that shit. I enjoyed it as much as anyone.

I'm about to break from bulking for a bit. I just did a 6 week cycle where I put on another 15 lbs. I was gonna got for 16 weeks but am pulling the plug. At 231 and having gained this much mass in a year, I need to focus on cardio again and dropping a few BF percentages.

I can easily do 1-2 hours in the gym no problem...lifting. But that tends to be much more anerobic. I haven't lifted in four days now and the past two I spent running for 40+ mins. I can still do it. But it sure doesn't feel like I used to. Hell, I used to run 2 miles in 11:30.

I've been lifting and running for about 27 years myself.

Appreciate you bringing your experience here brother!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
You are not alone my brother. Sitting at 280+ and 5'11" and have to hold my breath to tie my shoes, can't take my shirts off without stretching the crap out of them...and like was said, I can't scratch my back either.

Hawk

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
So, today I was thinking. And I've concluded there is a difference between "looking" too big and "feeling" too big. I never, probably like most of us on this site, have concluded that I "look" too big. I always want to look bigger. Always! No matter what. BUT, after putting 47lbs on in the past year of intense training, eating, and AAS use, I certainly do not feel that great lol. Hence my terminology of "feeling" too big. Maybe I'm not explaining this right, but I guess I don't really feel very well with all this mass. I came from a background of always being endurance oriented and that supported my lifestyle well. But, in this unending quest for size, my endurance has gone to shit. I get winded doing the dumbest stuff. Running at 231 lbs (6ft) is just not pleasurable anymore. In fact, it's rather unpleasant lol. And other everyday stuff just sucks, ie yard work, climbing stairs, rolling over in bed etc.

Just curious how others feel about this. Curious on any and all opinions.
Thanks.

It sounds like u just don't feel very healthy. What's your body fat %? That can play a big part in how u feel. Doing a cut and dropping some extra pounds of fat(depending on where you're at) can make a big difference in how u feel.

And even if you're bulking, do some cardio. Running sux for me no matter what weight I'm at. I stick to walking on a treadmill at a slow pace up a steep incline. It really gets my heart rate up, and minimizes impact on my bad knees. 3.5mph @ a 15% grade will get you sucking wind more than most people think. Regular cardio 3-5 days a week will help with overall feeling of health and wellbeing more than most people think it will.

Also, make sure you stretch regularly. Get a good, deep stretch after every workout. Increasing flexibility will help with making everyday activities less strenuous. It also helps speed up recovery from intense workouts.

Have you ever had a sleep study done? A lot of guys get sleep apnea when they start putting on weight, even if it's muscle. That can degrade out overall feeling of health, leaving us tired, lethargic, and irritable. It also has an impact on our physical health as it slows healing, raises blood pressure, increases cholesterol levels and a host of other issues. Getting a sleep study done and a CPAP machine if it's needed can change your life.

And there's the basic stuff like monitoring your blood pressure, which is more critical than most people think. If your blood pressure is constantly high it can have a serious impact on your sense of well being.

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
It sounds like u just don't feel very healthy. What's your body fat %? That can play a big part in how u feel. Doing a cut and dropping some extra pounds of fat(depending on where you're at) can make a big difference in how u feel.

And even if you're bulking, do some cardio. Running sux for me no matter what weight I'm at. I stick to walking on a treadmill at a slow pace up a steep incline. It really gets my heart rate up, and minimizes impact on my bad knees. 3.5mph @ a 15% grade will get you sucking wind more than most people think. Regular cardio 3-5 days a week will help with overall feeling of health and wellbeing more than most people think it will.

Also, make sure you stretch regularly. Get a good, deep stretch after every workout. Increasing flexibility will help with making everyday activities less strenuous. It also helps speed up recovery from intense workouts.

Have you ever had a sleep study done? A lot of guys get sleep apnea when they start putting on weight, even if it's muscle. That can degrade out overall feeling of health, leaving us tired, lethargic, and irritable. It also has an impact on our physical health as it slows healing, raises blood pressure, increases cholesterol levels and a host of other issues. Getting a sleep study done and a CPAP machine if it's needed can change your life.

And there's the basic stuff like monitoring your blood pressure, which is more critical than most people think. If your blood pressure is constantly high it can have a serious impact on your sense of well being.

Good advice there! Exactly as I do on the treadmill!

Bear

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland

BF is at 15 but keep in mind I just came off a 6 week bulk that netted 15lbs. Still fitting into size 32 pants. Just carrying some of it in the midsection.

Never had a sleep study but I can definitely a firm that I have sleep apnea. Runs in the family and my wife tells me about my breathing patterns regularly.

I've never had a high blood pressure reading yet. Cholesterol readings were completely inverted last time they were checked but was also just coming off a 3 month cycle.

I'll look into those breathing devices.

Thanks brother.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Definitely get a sleep study done, brother. Sleep apnea is nothing to put off. Guys die from that shit. And I've known probably a dozen different men that have gotten a CPAP after a sleep study, and everyone of them says it drastically improved every aspect of their life.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Indeed...your blood chemistry has to meet certain parameters to be allowed into stage 4 rem sleep (we cycle every 90 minutes normally) the machine will allow your blood to get into an acceptable range to enter the milk and honey slow wave deep restorative r.e.m. goodness

You're basically torturing yourself without one

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Indeed...your blood chemistry has to meet certain parameters to be allowed into stage 4 rem sleep (we cycle every 90 minutes normally) the machine will allow your blood to get into an acceptable range to enter the milk and honey slow wave deep restorative r.e.m. goodness

You're basically torturing yourself without one
Underetood.

However, I rarely get more than 90 mins of continues sleep nightly anyway w my Methusila prostate. Even after surgery:mad:

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
Definitely get a sleep study done, brother. Sleep apnea is nothing to put off. Guys die from that shit. And I've known probably a dozen different men that have gotten a CPAP after a sleep study, and everyone of them says it drastically improved every aspect of their life.

The 2 worst nights of sleep in my life were a sleep study and a few hours wearing a cpap Machine

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Underetood.

However, I rarely get more than 90 mins of continues sleep nightly anyway w my Methusila prostate. Even after surgery:mad:

Oh man, I forgot about your prostate, ya that's a real sunofabitch...can't believe you still use AAS to be honest, you're a wild man....if I was as hardcore as you I would just insert a Foley catheter into your bladder so you can just piss freely and sleep through the night on a cpap/bipap

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
I have severe sleep apnea! I did two separate studies and it was determined that on an 8 hour basis I only slept well for 35 minutes. The doctor didn't even want me driving home after. He's absolutely right, it can kill you. I stop breathing in my sleep for periods up to 20 seconds before I wake myself up. I have a cpap machine and at first it was uncomfortable, but after 5 different masks I can tolerate it.

Bear

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Oh man, I forgot about your prostate, ya that's a real sunofabitch...can't believe you still use AAS to be honest, you're a wild man....if I was as hardcore as you I would just insert a Foley catheter into your bladder so you can just piss freely and sleep through the night on a cpap/bipap
LMAO. I may be hardcore, or perhaps just stupid, but after having a Foley, I know my weakness for sure. I have never experienced anything so horrifying in my life (and I have a few combat tours under my belt lol). That shit is no joke. I know plenty of people that don't have problems with them, but I hated it. I couldn't sleep the whole day I had it. It was excruciating. And when it came time to take it out, I must have stood in the shower for 30 mins mumbling "I dunno if I can do this" as my wife said "I'll help if you like" to which I responded "don't even come near me". It was a humbling experience to say the least.