©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

This is me and my deadlifts lately

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Yup! lol
Ever have one of these days?

Attachments

• deads.jpg
    deads.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 89

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
They scare me since I hurt my lower back.
Sucks. It was one of my favorites and did them once a week HEAVY "for me"

Coming from the bottom
I felt my back Pop and give. For three months I was messed up.

I wanna deadlift bad.
But that one single lift took me from having a strong back- to a back as weak as a kitten for a good while.
Just now getting good and strong again what I would call 95%.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland

Coming from the bottom

I wanna deadlift bad.
But that one single lift took me from having a strong back- to a back as weak as a kitten for a good while.
Im with you on this. I had to have back surgery back in 2008 and have never been the same since. Compound that with a life of flat footedness and I am a deadlift abortion in the gym now. I will push discs out with the lightest of weight. I still do them, but on a very deviated schedule. Maybe once a month. I stay light. If anything, I rep out high volume at low weight and call it a day.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012

Coming from the bottom

I wanna deadlift bad.

I'm with you RaJ. I can't deadlift now because of my spine issue and pain but I sure do miss them. One of my favorite lifts and there is nothing quite like them and the sense of power you get, but I had many, many good years of pulling some good ones off the floor so I can smile for that. #1 back builder in my book.
Fuck cancer.

Last edited:

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
After writing that I went in tonight to do back.
Eye balled the deadlift area.

I've only been scared of two things in my life. Bald tires and hepatitis.

I went for it. Nothing crazy or explosive. But strict form up to moderate weight. Felt good :)

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Deads are great and I do miss the core strength from them. I just try to view myself as more of a physique sculptor and maintainer now. If I can achieve the same appearance without the potential for injury, it's a better risk to reward at this stage of the game.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Seems like several of us are in the same boat. After multiple lower back injuries, I'm pretty much done with deadlifts and squats. It's just not worth the chance of hurting myself again. As it is I'm probably going to need surgery at some point in the future. I have to do everything I can to keep myself from going under the knife for as long as possible.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I have always said, injuries are part of this iron game. Just means we've been living our lives.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks

I went for it. Nothing crazy or explosive. But strict form up to moderate weight. Felt good :)
Sound almost exactly like myself. Loved deadlift, definitely my strongest lift. Back popped and put me out for a good while. It's been about 2 years since I deadlifted last. Curious though, have you tried rack lifts. I think it's going to be a transition back without the fear of reinjury

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I've never really done the rack pulls Magnus. Always just from the floor.
Good idea though. Its the bottom part that messes with my head rite now and worries a me a bit.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

That line cracked me up rAJ!

Well anybody that knows me or followed some of my posts knows that I had a two level lumbar fusion and two level cervical fusion 8 months apart. Then about 3 months ago, I somehow broke my T6 vertebrae...good times! Once I'm completely healed and done with PT I'm going to start deadlifting very light...I'm not concerned about heavy weight, just want to strengthen by low back.