©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you ever feel too big?

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
So, today I was thinking. And I've concluded there is a difference between "looking" too big and "feeling" too big. I never, probably like most of us on this site, have concluded that I "look" too big. I always want to look bigger. Always! No matter what. BUT, after putting 47lbs on in the past year of intense training, eating, and AAS use, I certainly do not feel that great lol. Hence my terminology of "feeling" too big. Maybe I'm not explaining this right, but I guess I don't really feel very well with all this mass. I came from a background of always being endurance oriented and that supported my lifestyle well. But, in this unending quest for size, my endurance has gone to shit. I get winded doing the dumbest stuff. Running at 231 lbs (6ft) is just not pleasurable anymore. In fact, it's rather unpleasant lol. And other everyday stuff just sucks, ie yard work, climbing stairs, rolling over in bed etc.

Just curious how others feel about this. Curious on any and all opinions.
Thanks.
I think I get you Ranger. But remember 47 lbs in a year is a lot of weight for the body to get used to. I went from 212 to 305 but it was over several years. Now I go from 275 to 295. I feel mostly comfortable but I'll be 50 next year and I love being Big Bob however I'm thinking of longevity more now.
I just love lifting.

zman12

Jan 24, 2013
Alin, brother trust me. Be patient with it when you get it. It will do exactly as Sully said. Your everyday life will be better. Try different masks. They provide them

Bear

It took me a few mask before I could find one that would work found out that I was breathing thru my mouth so now I have a full face mask and it so much better.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I think I get you Ranger. But remember 47 lbs in a year is a lot of weight for the body to get used to. I went from 212 to 305 but it was over several years. Now I go from 275 to 295. I feel mostly comfortable but I'll be 50 next year and I love being Big Bob however I'm thinking of longevity more now.
I just love lifting.
Yeah, no doubt it's alot to get used to. I've been bigger than 231 before, but it's been a while. Had to shed a good deal to go back to what I was doing on active duty. 47 lbs is apparently alot for the body to adjust to, especially at 42. That's why I just ended my cycle at 6 weeks. I think the blast and cruise method will be my new norm with shorter cycles being the standard. I wasn't expecting such success from a short cycle period but can't complain about the results I got.

Thanks brother.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
I have to leave a post on this one, yeah big can be a disability as some of you have pointed out. I am 6'4" right now im 300 lbs, (avatar is off a bit), I drive a suburban, custom of course....no Honda's, any small cars. No small beds, sleep apnea (treated of course) clothes. the list goes on and on. I am approaching 50 soon, my body wont be able to do this weight for ever. The best part of my bodybuilding career was the "drive" to be "big" . Well I am here and never thought of the consequences at 25 years old. Its not what its cracked up to be. don't get me wrong I am big and strong and get all the looks at the gym etc....I am over it trust me....I do love driving iron and scaring pencil necks with my Marine Flat top. Thank god my teeth are straight and my lady loves a big man, My babe is a blond hottie and ex fitness model. I love my life and being big....but.....the fun part was the journey here. Some days I wish I was 200 lbs again to start over.....Maybe I should run marathons? comments anyone>>>>?? Laughing my 300 lbs ass off now.

oh yeah I believe in Christmas, so merry fucking chirstmas by brothers, Happy holidays is for left wing wimps...Ranger is out.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I have to leave a post on this one, yeah big can be a disability as some of you have pointed out. I am 6'4" right now im 300 lbs, (avatar is off a bit), I drive a suburban, custom of course....no Honda's, any small cars. No small beds, sleep apnea (treated of course) clothes. the list goes on and on. I am approaching 50 soon, my body wont be able to do this weight for ever. The best part of my bodybuilding career was the "drive" to be "big" . Well I am here and never thought of the consequences at 25 years old. Its not what its cracked up to be. don't get me wrong I am big and strong and get all the looks at the gym etc....I am over it trust me....I do love driving iron and scaring pencil necks with my Marine Flat top. Thank god my teeth are straight and my lady loves a big man, My babe is a blond hottie and ex fitness model. I love my life and being big....but.....the fun part was the journey here. Some days I wish I was 200 lbs again to start over.....Maybe I should run marathons? comments anyone>>>>?? Laughing my 300 lbs ass off now.

oh yeah I believe in Christmas, so merry fucking chirstmas by brothers, Happy holidays is for left wing wimps...Ranger is out.
Great lost brother!

Much of it is about the journey for me as well. And I love getting bigger and beastier as much as the next guy. But, something has changed. Appears it's my body's ability to adapt quickly. Like you said, it's not like when you're 25. Puttin on nearly 50 lbs in a yr at 42 is an ass kicker lol.

And fuck man, I can't imagine 300 lbs. That's pure man- beast bro! Props to you though for reaching your goals and seeing it through. That's solid dedication.

...and hell yeah, let's run a marathon. Actually, fuck that, let's try to complete a 5K LMAO!

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
The thing that kills me is skiing.

When I was 140 pounds at 5'11" I was a semi-pro mogul/freestyle skiier. Now I run about 230 at a fairly low bodyfat. Just all my agility went away. I can't bounce through moguls to save my life anymore. Literally went from semi-pro to like beginner status.

^^This is about the only thing I miss about being small and lightweight.

On a side note, I got very sick a year ago and shot down to 180. I felt like a mother friecking gazelle at 180. small, agile, and bouncy :)

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I don't feel like size and agility have to be mutually exclusive. I look at guys in different sports that carry a lot of mass, but are still very agile. Hate to say it, but wrestling is the prime example. A lot of those guys are in the 250+ plus club, and are still very light on their feet.

The athleticism comes, partly, from how you train. If we only lift, and don't do cardio, don't do sprints, don't stretch, or don't run or jump or play sports of any kind, then absolutely we're going to lose that agility and athleticism. And those things play a big part in feeling, and being healthy. Sure, there will still be somewhat of a decline in agility or athleticism once we get to a certain size, but it doesn't have to disappear completely. At least I don't think it does.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I don't feel like size and agility have to be mutually exclusive. I look at guys in different sports that carry a lot of mass, but are still very agile. Hate to say it, but wrestling is the prime example. A lot of those guys are in the 250+ plus club, and are still very light on their feet.

The athleticism comes, partly, from how you train. If we only lift, and don't do cardio, don't do sprints, don't stretch, or don't run or jump or play sports of any kind, then absolutely we're going to lose that agility and athleticism. And those things play a big part in feeling, and being healthy. Sure, there will still be somewhat of a decline in agility or athleticism once we get to a certain size, but it doesn't have to disappear completely. At least I don't think it does.
Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. In my case, and those who rapidly gain muscle in short periods of time though, a new variable is introduced, which is your body's adaptability to that rapid size increase. I think this just may mean that we have an additional hurdle to surmount by keeping ahead of the game in terms of this mobility issue. Like you said, increased stretching and movements that promote agility.

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013

If they were 150 pounds instead of 250, guaranteed, they'd be that much more agile and "lighter on their feet"

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I hear you 101st.
In the gym, I'm awesome, 45-75 seconds rest many times between sets, I'm not screwing around, I'm working hard, lifting as heavy as I can for those sets and my heart rate's at 155+ sometimes, sustained, most guys are like "how the hell do you keep this pace up!?". But sometimes, after a big meal, or even just sitting on the couch to put shoes on, I'm like holy shit, this sucks. LOL

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I hear you 101st.
In the gym, I'm awesome, 45-75 seconds rest many times between sets, I'm not screwing around, I'm working hard, lifting as heavy as I can for those sets and my heart rate's at 155+ sometimes, sustained, most guys are like "how the hell do you keep this pace up!?". But sometimes, after a big meal, or even just sitting on the couch to put shoes on, I'm like holy shit, this sucks. LOL
Haha, yeah brother...that's pretty much right on target!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. In my case, and those who rapidly gain muscle in short periods of time though, a new variable is introduced, which is your body's adaptability to that rapid size increase. I think this just may mean that we have an additional hurdle to surmount by keeping ahead of the game in terms of this mobility issue. Like you said, increased stretching and movements that promote agility.

Completely agree. The extra weight that was put on in a short time doesn have an effect. You're 100%, it takes the body some time to adapt to the extra mass and the necessary blood flow, etc. Even though I didn't mention that in any of my posts, I wasn't trying to imply that it wasn't a concern. It's definitely a big factor.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Interesting fact...J.J. Watt of my Houston Texans is 6'4" 295

"His listed vertical (37.5) is higher than Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, and it almost on par with Jeff Green's.
He's 295 but still able to come within 3 inches of the World Record box jump"
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-jj-watt-on-the-juice.353604/
freak of nature, impeccable training, both? wonder how far he can run...
Superior genetic factors are a given. I'm sure he also trains like s beast as well.

But I could train for the remainder of my days to break that box jump record and never come within 3 inches of the record lmao!

Pretty sure I'd prol just injure my stupid ass:D

monstar845935

Aug 19, 2015
Texas
Besides not being able to reach my back the thing that has me feeling too big is pants. If I bought jeans that fit my waist, my quads can't fit. Sucks having to wear pants 4" too big in the waist just so your legs can move.