©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you ever feel too big?

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I haven't felt big in a long time - real long time
When I was getting real big I would run into walls with my shoulders or bump into people alot
I never fleared out my arms like most do when walking but wonder how big it would have looked.
I still love to ride old school bmx bikes - must look funny as hell when I get big

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I haven't felt big in a long time - real long time
When I was getting real big I would run into walls with my shoulders or bump into people alot
I never fleared out my arms like most do when walking but wonder how big it would have looked.
I still love to ride old school bmx bikes - must look funny as hell when I get big

Hell, I recently lost 12 lbs and don't feel big anymore lol.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I can't do any pulls with my arm - well I can do 5 lbs culs with my arm- then it hurts for 3 days
I'm going to stock up

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Magnus gave me a cool cycle to help out till I can afford to stop work for 5 to 10 weeks and get surgery
Can't wait to get it fixed. Until then I am just going to get small and wither away -then the fun stuff begins-
Magnus - I can almost fit in skinny jeans.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Squatster, WTF!!! What does your arm have to do with squats! Armless guys on YouTube grinding it out in the rack. Get in there brother. Just riding you, but I can honestly say I know very very few lifters that aren't always training around an injury. There is about an 11% crossover to an untrained side. When I had my bicep tendon surgery, I started training 2 days after surgery and just worked around it. At the 3 months mark, my right (good) bicep was 20 1/4" and my left was 19 1/2", so I only lost 3/4". By month 6 it was back to normal. The Dr was amazed at the little atrophy I had.

Magnus gave me a cool cycle to help out till I can afford to stop work for 5 to 10 weeks and get surgery
Can't wait to get it fixed. Until then I am just going to get small and wither away -then the fun stuff begins-
Magnus - I can almost fit in skinny jeans.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Squatster, WTF!!! What does your arm have to do with squats! Armless guys on YouTube grinding it out in the rack. Get in there brother. Just riding you, but I can honestly say I know very very few lifters that aren't always training around an injury. There is about an 11% crossover to an untrained side. When I had my bicep tendon surgery, I started training 2 days after surgery and just worked around it. At the 3 months mark, my right (good) bicep was 20 1/4" and my left was 19 1/2", so I only lost 3/4". By month 6 it was back to normal. The Dr was amazed at the little atrophy I had.

Impressive brother!!!

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
Sometimes I feel like that, strong in the gym, but kinda lethargic the rest of the time, like I "go" but feel too heavy, for me I always feel better when I donate blood, when Im "on" like everyone else my red blood cell count goes up, and for me anyways makes me feel off. When I go and drop a donation every two months I feel soooo much better. An ways that might help :)

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
Oh and gotta comment on training with injuries! I swear I have literally injured every part of my body! At current, got the ol L5 hurniated/bulging disk all weight lifters love, torn acl/miniscus left side, and mcl on the right, busted capsule in left elbow, lol I could go on an on, my saying is, "shits gonna hurt weather I lift or not, so might as well do what I love". Sucks when joints are acting up but hey, thats all part of the fun!

Last edited:

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Oh and gotta comment on training with injuries! I swear I have literally injured every part of my body! At current, got the ol L5 hurniated/bulging disk all weight lifters love, torn acl/miniscus left side, and mcl on the right, busted capsule in left elbow, lol I could go on an on, my saying is, "shits gonna hurt weather I lift or not, so might as well do what I love". Sucks when joints are acting up but hey, thats all part of the fun!
I agree with your training philosophy 100%. I could list my long line of injuries, but it's irrelevant lol. I'll just say that after 8 years in the Army SOF community and multiple deployments, the last which led to me being medically retired, I'm a walking disaster lol. Hell, some days I hobble out of the gym because I've slipped another disc. At least that is what a doc told me years ago was happening. Who knows. But after getting blown up 17 times in OIF3, I'm like a classic car in dire need of a tune up. Looks good on the outside but is about to fall apart at any moment. :p
But I'm not throwing in the towel anytime soon:headbang:

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
Right! It's like what are you gonna do when you get injured, just stop lifting forever? No way! I'd rather die from doing squats all alone in the gym one night and getting crushed then throw in the towel!