©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The Push for size with JP

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Grizz, I'm not trying to blow by you guys. I'm just trying to put on enough mass to compete as a HW in the sixty Pro qualifiers and be in contention. Tell ya what, this is killing me so far. I know, I know, man up and fucking do it. Well that's exactly what I'm doing. But the pain is crazy bad. And from what I've read countless times taking OTC pain meds stunts growthy by dimming the pain from training it dims the body's responses to repair the muscle. Don't kill the messenger here guys, just regurgitating bro-science from the forums. :)
Kratom

MyNameIsJeff

Sep 24, 2017
Grizz, I'm not trying to blow by you guys. I'm just trying to put on enough mass to compete as a HW in the sixty Pro qualifiers and be in contention. Tell ya what, this is killing me so far. I know, I know, man up and fucking do it. Well that's exactly what I'm doing. But the pain is crazy bad. And from what I've read countless times taking OTC pain meds stunts growthy by dimming the pain from training it dims the body's responses to repair the muscle. Don't kill the messenger here guys, just regurgitating bro-science from the forums. :)
http://www.ergo-log.com/ibuprofen.html

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Well, at least this has fallen into a routine of sorts. If I'm not cooking a meal I'm timing my life around the next one. It's a lot of food but quest what? My weight is climbing and I'm cleaning up at the same time. I'm impressed with that. As much as I'm eating and constantly feeling so full, I'm not putting on any fat at all. Zero.

I did legs last night. I can describe it like this. Go to each and every leg machine in your gym and DC train on it for two set each. Then double back on some of the major moves. No squats. He said so many guys do them wrong and just build their gluts if he isn't there to see it's being done properly he just pass on them. He said this is the only way he knows it's going to work the legs.

Today I'm feeling the rush of lactic acid pain. Walking out of the gym last night I wasn't walking normally. I knew it was going to be a bad one. Because up to now my lactic acid pain has been coming on the third day getting it on the day after is at least normal for me. I found myself wrapping my knees on the big lifts and that help a lot with knee pain. The calve work was off the charts crazy. In two hours I have a large piece of salmon and then the rest of my meals are prepping me for the return to the gym. It's the PULL again.

I know this sounds crazy but I think my muscles look a little fuller. Lifting like this DOES make a huge difference. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

BTW: one of my lifts were BB hack squats. Straight from the good old day guys. Wow was that a tuff one. I only got 225 X 10. Good God that was a ruff couple of sets...….

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
^^^ YES IT IS^^^........Christ sakes it never ends. My life is based on a time table of meal preps and eating.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Yesterday was a day off and I needed it. The food is much less and easier to prep.

Today is the PUSH day again. The food has ramped up and I'm trying to wrap my head around whats going to be happening. I hope the food has done it's job because some of those lifts are going to be hard to "better" with a rep or every small increase in weight.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Yesterday was a day off and I needed it. The food is much less and easier to prep.

Today is the PUSH day again. The food has ramped up and I'm trying to wrap my head around whats going to be happening. I hope the food has done it's job because some of those lifts are going to be hard to "better" with a rep or every small increase in weight.

Fitraver

Aug 12, 2017
Sounds like you are carb cycling then? How much lower are your carbs on those days vs regular/high? Just to get an idea of how much food you’re putting away.

This will be a fun log to follow.

Aton

Mar 17, 2018
I was watching a video where jp mentioned someone he trains. He basically said this guys was able to put away 1000 g of carbs a day.

But at some point his body would start to rebel, digestion and everything else would fail and jp would put him on a mini cut then repeat the process.

600-700 is a bastard to deal w for me for an extended time I could only imagine what 1000 would be like.

I’d be begin to get into a cut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montego

Feb 19, 2018
I was watching a video where jp mentioned someone he trains. He basically said this guys was able to put away 1000 g of carbs a day.

But at some point his body would start to rebel, digestion and everything else would fail and jp would put him on a mini cut then repeat the process.

600-700 is a bastard to deal w for me for an extended time I could only imagine what 1000 would be like.

I’d be begin to get into a cut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got up to 800-1000g at one point this year and it was awful.

Marky boy

Donating Member
May 13, 2014
I don’t think it’s very hard to hit. But then again I have a crazy fast metabolism.

Say your doing 100g pre, 100g Intra, 250g post and another 100g post post. That’s already a fair whack and I’m sure that’s how he sets his diets up or similar.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa

Jordon said he was going to surge and then do mini cuts to clean up a little.

BTW: for digestion he is having me eat two to three different sources of protein at one meal. I'm NEVER ingesting whey by it's self. It always has another protein source.

BTW: guys in the gym are saying they have never seen me this pumped before. Tonight was the push. The last push I did I was so fucked up at the end I forgot to book my last three lifts. Can you believe that. I would never be working this hard without my lifting partner Mike. He used to have a gym and compete. He is perfect for me. (A lot of eating guys)

Jordon came back to me after seeing my pics and reading my weight gains and said he wants to keep everything the same and let my body settle in. How many times in your life can you honestly say your losing fat and gaining scale weight? Seeing shit like that helps me keep eating...……..

Last edited:

montego

Feb 19, 2018

Jordon said he was going to surge and then do mini cuts to clean up a little.

BTW: for digestion he is having me eat two to three different sources of protein at one meal. I'm NEVER ingesting whey by it's self. It always has another protein source.

BTW: guys in the gym are saying they have never seen me this pumped before. Tonight was the push. The last push I did I was so fucked up at the end I forgot to book my last three lifts. Can you believe that. I would never be working this hard without my lifting partner Mike. He used to have a gym and compete. I is perfect for me. (A lot of eating guys)

Jordon came back to me after seeing my pics and reading my weight gains and said he wants to keep everything the same and let my body settle in. How many times in your life can you honestly say your losing fat and gaining scale weight? Seeing shit like that helps me keep eating...……..
Very rarely does that happen unless you've just been in the dumps on food, training and supplements or, you're dialed in perfectly.

Quite a few of the guys I work with so exactly that for the first few months just because following a set plan makes such a difference.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I would never be working this hard without my lifting partner Mike. He used to have a gym and compete. I is perfect for me.

I’ve been wanting to find a training partner for a while. My schedule is just erratic, and the gym I train at is a joke. I definitely feel like it holds me back on certain lifts, not being able to really train to true failure due to safety concerns. Glad you found someone to help push you, that makes all the difference sometimes.

BTW, are you using insulin this time around? I know you’ve been really big on it in the past, but hadn't seen you mention it recently.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Sounds like you are carb cycling then? How much lower are your carbs on those days vs regular/high? Just to get an idea of how much food you’re putting away.

This will be a fun log to follow.

I think it may not be good for me to mention that. I will say there is WELL over a thousand calories between the two. All being before, during and after the training.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Very rarely does that happen unless you've just been in the dumps on food, training and supplements or, you're dialed in perfectly.

Quite a few of the guys I work with so exactly that for the first few months just because following a set plan makes such a difference.

Ya, I believe your 100% correct on that. For that reason he isn't changing anything. I think it could be muscle memory also. Not that I've been pussying around in the gym, I just havn't been training like this since I was winning on stage. It's all starting to come back to me. In a good way.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I’ve been wanting to find a training partner for a while. My schedule is just erratic, and the gym I train at is a joke. I definitely feel like it holds me back on certain lifts, not being able to really train to true failure due to safety concerns. Glad you found someone to help push you, that makes all the difference sometimes.

BTW, are you using insulin this time around? I know you’ve been really big on it in the past, but hadn't seen you mention it recently.

Sully, Jordon knows my full back ground and even knows me from PM.

Here's the scoop: We start from the basement with as little as it takes. We slowly increase as IS REQUIRED to maintain gains. When my lifts stop increasing all exercises in that failing muscle group will be changed out for others. If the pattern then continues, food and gear will be increased <<<OR>>> changed at the same time. The only imput I have on any of this is answering the check in question every Thursday with multiple pictures of me (Front, side and back).

He said "we don't need slin yet". so we have NO slin in play. Sully, I'm a robot soldier. He knows my goal is a return to the sixty class at the pro qualifiers and thinks it's "really cool". He has also seen previous much larger pics of me on stage and thinks we can blow the roof off them.

As far as a training partner? As usual your 100% correct. There is no way I could be pushing this hard without Mike yelling "One more John" or seeing his hand on the bar when I'm going for a rep I'm worried about getting. I'm now getting reps after my last mental failure rep. I believe that's one of the reasons I'm changing this fast.

As I turn the corner and start my second series of training the push, pull, legs, some of my lifts have gone down. Jordon said that's very common and actually a good thing that indicates the intensity of my training. He said "Not to worry matey"

Today is legs...………..here we go again!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
CG this is inspiring! I haven't trained in a few months due to low back issues and neck surgery 6 weeks ago. No gear and I've lost 20lbs which is no fun. I have a lumbar transforaminal epidural in two weeks to help with two herniated discs. I also start Humira for Ankylosing Spondylitis in two weeks. Hopefully after that I start feeling a lot better! This log is inspiring me and I plan to return to lifting in September. I'll be 50 next year and my goal is to be in top shape by the time my birthday rolls around!!

Looking forward for following your progress!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
BIO, I read all about your last surgery in the mod room but I had no idea you were going right back in buddy. Damn that all just sounds horrible. I said a prayer for you last time friend. You know I'll be doing it again :)

In the mean time you can read all about my madness lol. Can't begin to tell you how bad my body hurts at the moment. Did legs today and I (Literally) cant go up stairs to get in the hot tub. But trust me I'll get there before the sunsets.

BTW: Today is my birthday. I'm 58 and have two years to ground and pound the muscle back on me. I'm hoping to be on stage at the high end of being a HW. Ripped and wrapped in dick skin.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
BIO, I read all about your last surgery in the mod room but I had no idea you were going right back in buddy. Damn that all just sounds horrible. I said a prayer for you last time friend. You know I'll be doing it again :)

In the mean time you can read all about my madness lol. Can't begin to tell you how bad my body hurts at the moment. Did legs today and I (Literally) cant go up stairs to get in the hot tub. But trust me I'll get there before the sunsets.

BTW: Today is my birthday. I'm 58 and have two years to ground and pound the muscle back on me. I'm hoping to be on stage at the high end of being a HW. Ripped and wrapped in dick skin.

Happy birthday CG! Can't wait to see where you end up in 3 months, 6 months, a year, etc.