©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What did you eat for dinner today?

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I was overdoing things recently but was well aware. In my head I just wanted to get big as fast as possible which is never the best approach. Nothing major and a few lower days was enough to get the bloat off. Now I will move up gradually and try to control portion sizes (no more 300g dry weight rice/pasta meals). Most meals apart from the odd bowl of cereal won't go over 100g carbs. Here is what I ate today...

- 6 whole eggs, onions, tomatoes, blueberries and 3 pieces of toast.
- 200g plant protein cereal (dark chocolate and coconut) with coconut milk plus an extra 30g protein from synthepure.
- Chicken, basmati rice and vegetables.
- Cottage Cheese, strawberries, grapes, blueberries and lemon juice.
INTRA (25g EAA's and 50g HBCD's).
- Chicken, basmati rice and vegetables.
- Beef Mince, long grain rice and 1 avocado.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
DINNER TODAY:

RIBEYE
ASPARAGUS
RED GRAPES

Nice meal. I am eating a lot of rice/pasta now but very often in the past I would substitute those for grapes or pineapple. So basically have something like you had. Usually a big steak and just eat a 500g pack of grapes afterwards. Pineapple goes great with steak too but when I do pineapple I usually cook it with the steak. I add it in at the end when the steak is sitting on a hot plate and will fry it on a low heat with cinnamon powder then put it on top of the steak so the juices fall down.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Dinner for the last 2 nights.

Beef mince with tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms (white and brown), white asparagus, courgette, yellow peppers in arrabbiata sauce (tomatoe, garlic and red chilli pepper) with rigate pasta...

Beef mince with tomatoes, mushrooms, green asparagus, yellow peppers in a tomatoe and basil sauce with gluten free penne pasta...

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
It's not dinner but I stayed up tonight and just ran***ly decided to cook chicken, green peppers, cherry tomatoes and egg noodles at 3am. Nothing special but the sheer amount is ridiculous. I have had to put it in a salad bowl. I am struggling just over half way through. I may leave it and come back to it in 30 mins. 110g protein, 200g carbs and about 20g fat :eek:

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Steak (beef), green and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes and basmati rice.
Synthepure smoothie with pineapple, oats, mixed berries and water.
Steak (beef) with melted extra mature cheddar cheese on top with olive and tomatoe focaccia bread.
Synthepure smoothie with 2 apples, 1 kiwi, green grapes, blueberries, oats and water.
Steak (beef) with a toasted fruit loaf drizzled in extra virgin olive oil.
Cottage cheese, blackcurrants, cranberries, walnuts and cashew nuts.

Both of my bread dishes tasted amazing and were a welcomed change. I don't usually have breads and cheese in my diet now. The melted cheddar cheese on top of steak is a fav of mine. The toasted fruit loaf was amazing as well and I drizzled that with extra virgin olive oil.

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
Got my diet cleaned up and been eating really good for about the past 2 weeks. Tonight for dinner was Top round steak cooked in ghee butter with a few cups of broccoli

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
Today I had 5oz of chicken breast and 1 cup of yellow rice with some salsa for flavor...
Tomorrow will be double cheeseburger hamburger helper...

Finephysique

Jul 6, 2017
A combination, same with fruit.

I actually just stocked up on a lot of frozen vegetables today, I find it so hard to always have fresh vegetables in.

I really don’t like frozen fruit though, even to make a smoothie it just doesn’t taste the same.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I actually just stocked up on a lot of frozen vegetables today, I find it so hard to always have fresh vegetables in.

I really don’t like frozen fruit though, even to make a smoothie it just doesn’t taste the same.

Supposedly flash freezing fruit makes them retain vital nutrients and anti oxidants.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Supposedly flash freezing fruit makes them retain vital nutrients and anti oxidants.

It does. I pretty much didn't use my freezer for years. Everything I bought was fresh but certain things are better when frozen. The issue is I only like frozen fruits/berries in smoothies. I wouldn't use frozen in a yoghurt so I buy fresh.

Since I moved all the vegetables I buy are frozen. I cook them in the pan so I don't mind them being frozen at all as they taste great at the end. I am not a big fan of freezing meat though so I buy it all fresh and don't store it longer than a few days most of the time.

For dinner today I had chicken breast (marinated in a mango and lime sauce), jasmine rice and vegetables.

Jethro

Oct 1, 2020
Quail soup. 209 calories 21g of protein 13 grams of fat. Cooked it in the slow cooker until the meat is fall of the bone tender. You get all the bone broth that way too.