©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

suspension

OuchThatHurts

AnaSCI VIP
Jul 27, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
i wld think test in water wld dissolve quicker. but a blood test proved that tne in oil dissolves completely pretty much instantly where as tne in water dissolves instantly but not 100% of it. the remainder peaks about a week later.
Testosterone cannot dissolve in water. It's not easy to dissolve in oil but it IS oil soluble. There is much to compare. Since no hydrolysis has to take place with it dissolved in oil it would be rapid. Would it produce a higher plasma level? Who knows. For now, I cant imagine a more powerful testosterone boost than aqueous suspension and why would I need one? To each his own. But spiking testosterone levels into the stratosphere is not my goal with testosterone.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Testosterone cannot dissolve in water. It's not easy to dissolve in oil but it IS oil soluble. There is much to compare. Since no hydrolysis has to take place with it dissolved in oil it would be rapid. Would it produce a higher plasma level? Who knows. For now, I cant imagine a more powerful testosterone boost than aqueous suspension and why would I need one? To each his own. But spiking testosterone levels into the stratosphere is not my goal with testosterone.

my bad. i didnt mean dissolve in the water....ment in the body.....absorbed...in the body. i dnt want peaks either.

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013

Wouldn't hydrolysis only be required for esterified testosterone? When (how?) does the body hydrolyze testosterone suspension?

I'm pretty sure that testosterone suspension takes longer to absorb because (even with micronized testosterone) you are injecting testosterone crystals. Only the outermost layer is available for absorption, while dissolved testosterone has 100% surface area/availability.

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
Only in one vague study done on horses. That's the thing. If you've ever done suspension, especially in a muscle that used often, there's no week-later peak or spike. Not that I've ever noticed. Seriously. Not even trying to be argumentative but does that really add up? Human physiology determines how suspension and all IM injections work. Not studies with horses. Even the clinical pharmacology from the manufacturer that requires a great amount of R&D show a much shorter absorption mechanism of action within just a few hours. If some residual testosterone is left at the injection site, it would be cleared in a timely fashion perhaps over a day or two. Not a week later. Even if there is residual compound in the muscle, why would it just decide to absorb a week later? It's highly questionable to say the least. I would never do a suspension that was 100mg/ml. That's just asking for trouble. If you make a cup of tea, would the sugar suspended in the tea be more likely to settle if you put one teaspoon of sugar or four?

Sugar dissolves in water, not suspends. Sucrose is covered in hydroxyl groups so its highly water soluble.

Last edited:

OuchThatHurts

AnaSCI VIP
Jul 27, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Sugar dissolves in water, not suspends. Sucrose is covered in hydroxyl groups so its highly water soluble.
You're right. Flour then. Whatever. You get my point though. I forgot that sugar was polar but still, I was just using it as an analogy (even though slightly incorrect) and indeed even sugar if mixed too heavily will fall out of solution b/c the reverse reaction takes place in lieu of the forward reaction and ions can no longer enter the solution and the sugar falls to the bottom blah blah blah.

Thanks for the correction. I'll retract that as soon as I can, thanks. It doesn't upset the validity of my assertion though. IOW, I believe my point still stands.

OuchThatHurts

AnaSCI VIP
Jul 27, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Wouldn't hydrolysis only be required for esterified testosterone? When (how?) does the body hydrolyze testosterone suspension?

I'm pretty sure that testosterone suspension takes longer to absorb because (even with micronized testosterone) you are injecting testosterone crystals. Only the outermost layer is available for absorption, while dissolved testosterone has 100% surface area/availability.
To your first question, yes. Why would non-esterified testosterone require hydrolysis? That's the whole benefit they're claiming here with suspension in oil right? Only it's not oil-based suspension but rather solution.

To your second question, yes, the testosterone has greater surface area but is still hydrophobic and as to whether the oil or water/suspension in water/suspension in oil is more rapid than the other is still up for grabs. I believe the absorption of the solution would be more rapid but then again, it's in oil. Water would disperse immediately. I think it's a wash honestly. But prove me wrong and I'll be all for it. I'm cannot say for certain but I can make some educated assumptions based on IM delivery methods of medications.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
By the way, butthole69 (why that stupid nick?), anyway, by the way, great catch on the sugar mistake and very good and educated points all around. Good work.

this is what makes this board great.
accepting,learning and educating.

OuchThatHurts

AnaSCI VIP
Jul 27, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
this is what makes this board great.
accepting,learning and educating.
Absolutely. It takes some time to simply learn to say, "I don't know", or, "You are right, my mistake." There is no monopoly on wisdom, not by mods, admins, or anyone else for that matter. And I agree, this is a great board. It's become my #2 slot for reading and posting. Love it.