©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

23g pin, Do you Feel It?

BigTex

Feb 6, 2005
I've used 23g and 22g and prefer the 22g. It really doesn't feel any different but the flow of the oil is much better than with the 23.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
You guys might be making this a little more complicated than it actually is.

Bizarro - it doesn't really matter what size pin you use bro. If you use a tiny one - its gonna take forever to dispense the meds. If you use a huge one, the meds can get delivered faster than the muscle can take it, thus causing them to come pouring out of the hole when you withdraw the pin.

I think I speak for most of us when I say that the 23ga. makes the most sense - not too big and not too small. But its really all about your own personal preference.

archangel1

Jun 2, 2005
23guage

im a true green pea when it comes to all of this. brought on board by my boss who used to be a bodybuilder, so in that sense im lucky cause ive got someone who knows whats going on (plus reading all of the forum posts helps a lot too) but i gotta say something about this 23 guage pin shit regardless of how new i am.
i was using 21 guage 1" for shoulders 21 guage 1 1/2" glutes. took the first couple glute shots standing up. i tried sitting down then finally i figured out, if i lay flat on my stomach, that damn pin goes in easy as shit. so- ive got to assume going to 23 guage would be a breeze (simple math = it is a smaller needle, smaller pain) that fucking needle did go in fairly easy but it took so damn long for the test e to get into my arm im sold back on the 21. i dont like needles, i never have but good god id rather take a bigger needle for less time than that skinny little bastard

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
archangel1 said:
im a true green pea when it comes to all of this. brought on board by my boss who used to be a bodybuilder, so in that sense im lucky cause ive got someone who knows whats going on (plus reading all of the forum posts helps a lot too) but i gotta say something about this 23 guage pin shit regardless of how new i am.
i was using 21 guage 1" for shoulders 21 guage 1 1/2" glutes. took the first couple glute shots standing up. i tried sitting down then finally i figured out, if i lay flat on my stomach, that damn pin goes in easy as shit. so- ive got to assume going to 23 guage would be a breeze (simple math = it is a smaller needle, smaller pain) that fucking needle did go in fairly easy but it took so damn long for the test e to get into my arm im sold back on the 21. i dont like needles, i never have but good god id rather take a bigger needle for less time than that skinny little bastard

It's all about what you are comfortable with bro. Some shoot big, some small. The larger pin is going to cause more scar tissue in the long run however.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
archangel1 said:
i was using 21 guage 1" for shoulders 21 guage 1 1/2" glutes.

Ouch 21 gauge for shoulders .... damn..i hope you got some thick delts

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I use 25g. It takes a damn long time to inject, but it keeps me from injecting too fast and I can hardly feel it going in.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
steve0085 said:
I use 25g. It takes a damn long time to inject, but it keeps me from injecting too fast and I can hardly feel it going in.

There you go again talking about yourself

archangel1

Jun 2, 2005
Pain

the trick to taking them shots- and im kinda a newbie, is to make sure the muscle your prickin is totally loose. not post workout. dont take a glute shot standing up (hell i dont even take it sitting down i lay on my stomach and it is real easy) ive used 21guage needles all this time and i dont like needles either.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
archangel1 said:
the trick to taking them shots- and im kinda a newbie, is to make sure the muscle your prickin is totally loose. not post workout. dont take a glute shot standing up (hell i dont even take it sitting down i lay on my stomach and it is real easy) ive used 21guage needles all this time and i dont like needles either.

You lay down to do a glute shot? :confused:
21g pins are fine to draw with, but you dont need that big of a gauge to inject. You can do it, but why make extra scar tissue and bleed more when you dont have to.