©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What Keeps You Motivated?

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
What Keeps You Guys Motivated To Workout Hard?...i Been Lifting Naturally (havent Started A Cycle Yet) And I Find Myself Leaving After Only 30 Minutes Of Working Out. :( I Just Get Bored. I Tried Bringing A Cd Player With Some Motivational Songs On There And That Helps But After About 30 Minutes I Just Get Bored Of Lifting....

You Think Its Because Im Doing It Naturally?...when I Start Juicin Will That Deifinatly Pump Me Up And Keep Me Motivated? What Are Your Guys Opinions And What Keeps You Motivated??...

W

wolfyEVH

spend more time on your nutrition than with the gym though

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
How long have you been working out? It probably has alot to do with your routine and your diet. 1. You won't see results if you don't have a good routine that properly targets muscle groups - at least 3 different moves for every muscle group, alternating with another set of completely different moves, every 8 weeks or so - to keep your body "guessing"....Also try to either add a little more weight or a few more reps every week......2. You should NOT BE ABLE to complete your routines in 30 minutes - it would be impossible for me to do my work that quick.......3. Eating right will have dramatic effects on your body.....Personally, I eat 7 meals per day. Bodybuilding requires an extreme focus and determination that many guys simply do not have. I would never discourage anyone but I do believe that you MAY need to re-evaluate yourself to determine whether or not you have this determination.
One of the things that keeps me motivated is when I see 35-40 year old fat, weakass pieces of shit who have to struggle just to get out of their bitch-asses outta their chairs to stand up! Then there's the losers with the gut sticking out farther than there damn chest who have their weak-ass backs go out on them every time they bend over to tie their freakin boots - and can't even swing a damn axe a few times without making their little shoulders hurt. :bawling:
lol - I could go on and on about this.....you get the point! Weak people suck!!!!! :D

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Sh!t......never thought about it like that........now THAT makes u think, AND motivated...lol

mindkiller

Jul 21, 2004
USA
I completely agree with imdaman1. The way to be truely motivated is to motivate yourself, if you need someone to kick you in the ass chances are you'll just give up at some point, its ALL about Desire. If you have poor nutrition, or gym routine it will only hinder your results and will in turn lower your motivation. One of your best keys for motivation is Knowledge, on training techniques, nutrition, exercises for each individual bodypart, also a very motivated training partner always helps even though they are hard to come by. If you change up your routine everytime you go to the gym and work a bodypart this will certainly help keep things from becoming boring. :sniper: :p

dpac207

Jun 30, 2004
dont start juicing just b/c your workouts arent going to good, pretty soon you'll think the only way you can have a good workout is to be on

crumb316

Sep 11, 2004
if you find you are no longer motivated you could try taking some time off or change your routine up.
What keeps me motivated is not turning back into the 310 pound fat ass I was about 2 years ago :)

Stumpy_41

Sep 29, 2004
SE Washington State
Desire & "weak people"

What keeps one motivated? Just some rambling thoughts by a 5'4" 215 pound, well trained .. "Stump".

3 small points: Environment, Preparation, & Discipline

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat."

Environment:
It's the fire baby!! The sounds of the gym ... weights clanging, bars slamming, radio blaring, the strained breathing and grunting that only high rep, heavy ass squats can produce .. . There is nothing so inspiring as walking in to a hard-core gym .. the sights, sounds, and encouraging atmosphere that follows! Dam I wanna go right now!!

Preparation:
"It isn’t sufficient just to want - you’ve got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want."

Preparation is the way manage our desires into achievable pieces! It's those smaller preparations, the tiny day to day grinding at those goals that only we get the satisfaction of knowing that we accomplished. Taking pride in knowing you got that extra rep, set, or kilogram! Dont downplay those early steps .. the "journey" is the thing bro ... what you remember in the end was how you got there .. and what you did to get it!!

Discipline:
"The discipline of desire is the background of character."

Iron willed, unflinching commitment. I was reading about Jay Cutler the other day .. in 5 years he never missed a planned work out! Mental grit man!! I dont care if I am puking my guts out, tired, fighting w/ the girl, mom dies, car stolen .. Armageddon .. my mind and body only know one thing .. that is to forage this body as steel - through the fires of determination!!

Lastly - someone on the postings said that what fuels them is their image of other "weak" people. This kind of fuel doesn't burn long my friend. It is based upon pure emotion. Negative emotions don't build character.

What could fuel my own desire more than encouraging others (who may be physically weak) to follow the same path of excellence we example?? By making others better - we make ourselves better.

Growth To You All!!

Last edited:

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Stumpy_41 said:
What keeps one motivated? Just some rambling thoughts by a 5'4" 215 pound, well trained .. "Stump".

3 small points: Environment, Preparation, & Discipline

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat."

Environment:
It's the fire baby!! The sounds of the gym ... weights clanging, bars slamming, radio blaring, the strained breathing and grunting that only high rep, heavy ass squats can produce .. . There is nothing so inspiring as walking in to a hard-core gym .. the sights, sounds, and encouraging atmosphere that follows! Dam I wanna go right now!!

Preparation:
"It isn’t sufficient just to want - you’ve got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want."

Preparation is the way manage our desires into achievable pieces! It's those smaller preparations, the tiny day to day grinding at those goals that only we get the satisfaction of knowing that we accomplished. Taking pride in knowing you got that extra rep, set, or kilogram! Dont downplay those early steps .. the "journey" is the thing bro ... what you remember in the end was how you got there .. and what you did to get it!!

Discipline:
"The discipline of desire is the background of character."

Iron willed, unflinching commitment. I was reading about Jay Cutler the other day .. in 5 years he never missed a planned work out! Mental grit man!! I dont care if I am puking my guts out, tired, fighting w/ the girl, mom dies, car stolen .. Armageddon .. my mind and body only know one thing .. that is to forage this body as steel - through the fires of determination!!

Lastly - someone on the postings said that what fuels them is their image of other "weak" people. This kind of fuel doesn't burn long my friend. It is based upon pure emotion. Negative emotions don't build character.

What could fuel my own desire more than encouraging others (who may be physically weak) to follow the same path of excellence we example?? By making others better - we make ourselves better.

Growth To You All!!

POST OF THE YEAR.!!!!!

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Whatever dude. Being small and weak still sucks. And Dragon's "fuel" has been burning for 29 years! You're poetry is nice but I believe most of us just do it to be big and strong. JMHO

M

MYRICK

This Pretty Much Keeps Me Motivated

Last edited: