©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What do y'all eat while traveling?

frizzlefry

Jan 8, 2013
Yea alot of the girls working for me are married to pipleline welders. They dont see them for months at a time. No place like home brudda.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I spend hundreds of nights a year in motels because I work the road also (railroader). Last weekend, for a junkfood meal, I went to hardees and picked the biggest burger they have, and paid $1.50 to double the meat. It was a calorie and protein packed monster. The other 90% of the time I have a cooler full of meals I make before hand. Lots of broccoli, sweet potatoes, chicken, steak, and cheese omletes (I am wild about a huge cheese omlete covered in salsa), as well as baked swai fish with a can of pinto beans on the side. At the beginning of every trip, I take two or 3 gladware containers of my meals and put em near the exhaust manifold of my locomotive and they stay warm the whole trip, or till I eat em. I always carry honey roasted peanuts, Vienna sausages, and protein bars with me.

Try walmart or any grocery store with a deli, and you can probably score a rotisserie chicken for $5 or so. Also, you can get canned veggies from the vegetable aisle. Just look around at the grocery stores and I'm sure you will find food that you won't get tired of that works for you. Back in 2011, I lived in a motel for 6 straight weeks and never once ate fast food. I just wanted to see if I could actually do it, and it was really easy.

Last edited:

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
I maintain transmission lines for a we'll know gas company. I've got a big area to maintain but no over nights. It can be rough work sometimes and sucks cause your on the road most of the time.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Fuck yeah bbq. Get off the chain brand foods.. all modified bunch a designer grissle shaped into something..
What Are Chicken Nuggets Made Of? - YouTube

1. No shit...we use the whole animal. Never saw a wolf or a wild animal "skip" a part of prey that it wouldn't eat.

2. Sooo we can take steroids but are food can't?

3. Humans are so pumped up with meds, vaccines, dependent on technology, social groomed to achieve looks that are unnatural, and artificial shit in our clothes and enviroment, but this is where people draw the line?

4.If that makes you sick, then you really dont want to know what is used to make your carpet in your house. Let alone the GLUE on the bottom of the fibers.

5.If you think chicken nuggets are healthy, you know the deep fired shit, then you're retarded in the first place. I mean look at one! What part of the fucking chicken looks like that!!!

6.I see no difference between that and my grandparents eating head cheese or pickled pigs feet.

7. Protein is protein. Except soy....fuck that shit. :action-smiley-055:

8. No one forces you to eat it.

9. Making salami is different. My neighbor is from Italy and makes it. It's so good I would shoot a homeless guy in the face for one.

10. People are dumb and knowing what something is won't stop people. Smoking, booze, drugs, electing politicians.....

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Watch that swai brother. It's a catfish (bottom feeder) usually harvested from one of the most polluted rivers on the planet, the Mekong river in Vietnam. Make damn sure it doesn't come from there.

"Dirty Waters, Dangerous Fish":
"Dirty Waters, Dangerous Fish" - YouTube

I spend hundreds of nights a year in motels because I work the road also (railroader). Last weekend, for a junkfood meal, I went to hardees and picked the biggest burger they have, and paid $1.50 to double the meat. It was a calorie and protein packed monster. The other 90% of the time I have a cooler full of meals I make before hand. Lots of broccoli, sweet potatoes, chicken, steak, and cheese omletes (I am wild about a huge cheese omlete covered in salsa), as well as baked swai fish with a can of pinto beans on the side. At the beginning of every trip, I take two or 3 gladware containers of my meals and put em near the exhaust manifold of my locomotive and they stay warm the whole trip, or till I eat em. I always carry honey roasted peanuts, Vienna sausages, and protein bars with me.

Try walmart or any grocery store with a deli, and you can probably score a rotisserie chicken for $5 or so. Also, you can get canned veggies from the vegetable aisle. Just look around at the grocery stores and I'm sure you will find food that you won't get tired of that works for you. Back in 2011, I lived in a motel for 6 straight weeks and never once ate fast food. I just wanted to see if I could actually do it, and it was really easy.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Watch that swai brother. It's a catfish (bottom feeder) usually harvested from one of the most polluted rivers on the planet, the Mekong river in Vietnam. Make damn sure it doesn't come from there.

"Dirty Waters, Dangerous Fish": "Dirty Waters, Dangerous Fish" - YouTube

Im sure it probably does come from there, but I just love the taste. I wish they'd farm em in the US. It's basically a Vietnamese Catfish, but tastes completely different from the one's we have here in the US...

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
If I was back in Texas, I'd be hitting up WhataBurger about once a week for a cheat meal. Haven't had it since high school.

And if you're down in the San Antonio area, or even passing through Austin, you've got access to some of the best BBQ in the country. Stop in one day and pick up a few pounds, portion it out that night and reheat it later. Might not be as good reheated, but it'll still be good.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
I'm from south of San Antonio and yes sir you are absolutely right our BBQ down here is amazingly awesome. Not to mention our Mexican food is sooooo good make you wanna slap yo mamma! The Mexican food is hard to eat on a clean diet with cause of the flour tortillas and all the grease that makes it so good but the BBQ by the pound being somewhat lean meat has been a relative staple in my diet for years.

Last edited:

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
Just remembered its turkey season down there I may hit up some of my buddies see if they have gotten any good ones they wanna part with

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Just ate at smash burger and the avocado and jalapeño chicken was fuckin delicious to say the least definitely worth trying

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I believe they're down where you're at might have to be in a bigger city. Not sure but they definitely were scrumdidydelicious

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Nope just Google it and you'll see where they're at didn't wanna throw out where exactly you were at