©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Coconut oil

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Coconut oil is the new oil of the future . It's got high heat temps. Great for chloresteral maintainence and is killer on air pop corn , in shakes or whatever. Anyone here use it much ? Give it a whirl .

notenoughweight

Jul 7, 2010
I love the stuff. I put a little on cold chicken before I warm it up and it makes it so moist like it was freshly grilled

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yeah, coconut oil is awesome! I love cooking up eggs in a little coconut oil and cooking chicken in the pan along with some siracha.

Costco has a 54oz container for $16. Organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil. That is a deal!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Massive G on another board gave me an awesome idea for coconut oil.

You heat it up so it is liquid and then add it to a cup or mug with warm water. In a shaker bottle mix up chocolate protein powder (TN Dutch chocolate fudge is great for this) and then pour that into the warm water/coconut oil mix.

Tastes like chocolate coconut hot cocoa!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany

You heat it up so it is liquid and then add it to a cup or mug with warm water. In a shaker bottle mix up chocolate protein powder (TN Dutch chocolate fudge is great for this) and then pour that into the warm water/coconut oil mix.

Nice.. I'm gonna call you Martha Stewart brutha.. Anymore lemme know. You mixen the protein with milk First or just the coconut and hot water blend and protein powder?

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Ohhh, its solid at room temp? I wouldnt think it would be a good carrier then. But ive seen it at lab supp sold as a carrier? Is that a different type? Or does all coconut oil solidify at room temp?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Nice.. I'm gonna call you Martha Stewart brutha.. Anymore lemme know. You mixen the protein with milk First or just the coconut and hot water blend and protein powder?

Hahaha!

I mix the protein with either almond milk or water. Heat up coconut oil in the microwave in a microwave safe cup. Then pour warm water, not boiling on the coconut oil. Finally pour the shake into the cup.

I found that trying to mix the protein powder directly with hot water never comes out right. Like it gets clumpy and almost cooks itself if the water is too warm.

IRONFIST

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 20, 2007

That sounds pretty good bro! Going to have to give that a try!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Yes I am trying to expand my dietary horizons with C -oil. Stuff tastes pretty damn good. T

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hey atom my Costco ripped me.. My cost was 21.99$ for 72oz. Lol..But it's way better than the 13$ per 16oz I was buying ..
Coconut has heat point, better than Evoo and new studies say it's the best oil out for chloresterol control etc..

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ohhh, its solid at room temp? I wouldnt think it would be a good carrier then. But ive seen it at lab supp sold as a carrier? Is that a different type? Or does all coconut oil solidify at room temp?

It all solidifies if under 60degrees. It would be like pinning a pinacolada shot bro without the pineapple. Maybe lab type de- fragranced or something. Grape or cotton .. Don't reinvent the wheel.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hey atom my Costco ripped me.. My cost was 21.99$ for 72oz. Lol..But it's way better than the 13$ per 16oz I was buying ..
Coconut has heat point, better than Evoo and new studies say it's the best oil out for chloresterol control etc..

Hmmmm, my Costo only has 54oz. containers for $15.99 (or is it $16.99 - I forget) but they would be either $0.30/oz. or $0.32/oz., respectively, and the 72oz. for $21.99 comes out to $0.31/oz. You can't even get EVOO that cheap!

My Costco stopped stocking the Maranatha Almond Butter...I'm pissed :sAng_scream: <----Love these smileys lol

Here is a little recipe or idea to try for chicken.

2 Bone in chicken breast halves (about 10 oz. each) - This is what the standard recipe calls for but you can use any kind of chicken, however the bone in helps add flavor and tenderness
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon of coconut oil (can use more or sub out soem PB for coconut oil)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
*Optional Items
*A few drops of siracha
*1/8 teaspoon (or less) of Asian 5 Spice Seasoning
*Sugar free sweetener (splenda of stevia) to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking pan with heavy foil.
If the chicken has skin, remove the skin.
In a small bowl, blend yogurt, peanut butter, pepper and any optional ingredients until smooth.
Dip chicken in the mixture to coat evenly and arrange pieces, rib side down (if the have bones), in a single layer on the prepared pan.
Bake on the top shelf of the over for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the chicken is richly brown and juices are clear when the breast is punctured with a fork.

Per Serving (using bone in chicken breasts and regular plain yogurt)
Protein: 49g
Carbs: 9g
Fat: 20g

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Atom Guy Fierre ^^^ . Next time at costco
stop at signup info counter , ask the slut if your
store is going to reorder the almond butta.Friend a
mines a buyer for them and they do trial runs to see how things sell. Sometimes the vendor drops the ball and can't keep up production for all stores so it's in limited states..

Almond joy
2 scoops choc iso whey
1/4 cup coconut oil
Coconut milk
Ice
toss in almond powder I make from raw almonds in my food processsor
I keep in a shaker cup in fridge..
Add flake coconut If you like texture ..
This came from Gilligan's Island powerhouse gym calif..

Last edited: