©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

5 Ways to Spot A New Meathead

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I evolved from a notebook to a app for my phone that I log all my workout info into.

I like seeing the new guys in the gym. They usually last 3 weeks and are never seen again.

SoccerDad

Donating Member
Jan 21, 2013
Midwest
Well, on leg day I always wear sweats -- picked up an infection once which by deduction I believe came from the leg extension.

Hack Squat no good huh? At 49, with aches and pains and herniated discs, I learned that squatting ain't the best way to go for quality of life. Here is my hack squat routine on leg day: 1 set of the full stack for as many as possible - in my case at my gym that will be about 8-12 depending on what I have been doing on my day job. Then work hams and ad and abductors. Back to the hack for a drop set starting with a weight I can get 25 reps (using notebook, this increases over time) then drops through 5 plates. Do some ab work, then do a 50 rep set on the hack squat (again via notebook increase resistance). Definitely hard to walk afterward. Btw, I do calves on chest day.