©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

T3 use and thyroid function

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
My wife has been using t3, on and off (mostly on), for 4 years or so now. I have been after her to come off for a month or so and get her TSH levels checked, just to make sure she hasn't damaged her thyroid. She did, and it came back 1.94. Normal range is 0.44 to 4.47. This just reinforces what my research has found...thyroid levels return to normal, after using t3...well, in her case it did . Just thought I'd share this info, in case anyone else is using or is going to use t3 in the future.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Thanks for sharing Chris. A study was done back in the 50's by Dr.Greer (sp?) . He found patients that were misdiagnosed and treated with t3 for up to 30 years. All the patients returned to Nirmal with in 2 weeks of cessation. Crazy cause there are still many doctors that still believe it can permanently shut you down. Guess the negative feedback loop is much simpler than it is for testosterone. Can you share her protocol and results?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Thanks for sharing Chris. A study was done back in the 50's by Dr.Greer (sp?) . He found patients that were misdiagnosed and treated with t3 for up to 30 years. All the patients returned to Nirmal with in 2 weeks of cessation. Crazy cause there are still many doctors that still believe it can permanently shut you down. Guess the negative feedback loop is much simpler than it is for testosterone. Can you share her protocol and results?

She has been running 50mcg a day for a few years now, and the only real time she has come off is when I let her run out to give her body a break. She has maintained about a 15-20lb weight difference than before she used it. In the month she has been off of it, I have noticed she has put on a little weight, but don't dare say anything about it..:eek:

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
My wife has been using t3, on and off (mostly on), for 4 years or so now. I have been after her to come off for a month or so and get her TSH levels checked, just to make sure she hasn't damaged her thyroid. She did, and it came back 1.94. Normal range is 0.44 to 4.47. This just reinforces what my research has found...thyroid levels return to normal, after using t3...well, in her case it did . Just thought I'd share this info, in case anyone else is using or is going to use t3 in the future.

I’ve used t3/t4 over decade on and off but I always take time off . I think people go over board and that lends to issues .