©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thunder, that sounds good to me! Did you get some of that snow?

I did a shoulder/ trap workout today. I did a drop-set at the end of my shrug sets and holy cow, my traps were toast!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Whats up fellas I skipped work today cause of crappy weather and worked out at home squats, stiffleg deadlifts, and standing calf raises

Nice! What kind of set-up do you have at your house?

Thunder, that sounds good to me! Did you get some of that snow?

I did a shoulder/ trap workout today. I did a drop-set at the end of my shrug sets and holy cow, my traps were toast!

Brick, frying up your traps real good reminded me of this wicked little beast Dante suggested for back thickness/traps: IntenseMuscle.com - View Single Post - OK this is what I am going to do....Dante

Shit gets nasty real quick.

Off to do some cardio tonight and going to throw some turkey burgers on the grill. I don't care how cold it gets, my grill gets lit up year round.

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Still working on it but I got squat rack, bench press rack, dumbells from 15lb-100lb's, 350lb olympic plates, curl bar, pull-up bar in my garage, and one adjustable bench

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Nice cs& tris very early this morning. Have not decided on a rest day or not in the am -probably not- I'm far far from over trained. Man I hope the weather is not fucked in the am . Hate to have to get he truck out(4wd) it's a damn gas whale. Good part is i know I can get there regardless. Gym change next week. T

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Got freakin' beastly on chest, shoulders and tri. Last C/S/T session before the cruise. Hit 275lbs for 9+4+2 on low incline BB bench. Keep in mind guys, I'm only a buck sixty...

Definitely getting to where I want to be. Oh man, I just want to start my prep diet already lol

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Be good in the locker room Atom..lol..holla.

Did a great late night back in a dead ass gym with misc 99.9 radio crrraaankkked even the owner tried some of my back workout but the 34 couldn't hang with this old buzzard..Made him spring for terriyaki boobs and brown rice...

No tapatalk.what's Dante trap workout?

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Be good in the locker room Atom..lol..holla.

Did a great late night back in a dead ass gym with misc 99.9 radio crrraaankkked even the owner tried some of my back workout but the 34 couldn't hang with this old buzzard..Made him spring for terriyaki boobs and brown rice...

No tapatalk.what's Dante trap workout?

Here is the post from Dante:
Alot of young guys worry bout traps (im starting at the top of the body)

Im going to give you some big freaking traps here...so large that over time you might pause and think....Christ these are getting a little too large and I need to cut back on things here (thats not a bad place to be)....I ABSOLUTELY GUARENTEE YOU THIS THOUGH...YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE HERE WITH THIS AND IT WILL EQUAL BIGTIME TRAPS

Put these on back day if your traps are subpar.

Its a tweak of rack deadlifts.

a) in a rack
b) put safeties at right below kneecaps if you can (or lower)
c) put bar holders at a notch somewhere above safeties (why? so you can grab the bar before your first rep and SAFELY TAKE A FEW SMALL STEPS BACKWARDS and then start the movement...instead of starting from a dead start on the safeties
d) There is no bouncing off the safeties during the movement. You come to a dead stop on the bars and then pull.

Mode of movement:

grab bar with wriststraps, step safely and slowly backward, normal rack deadlift thought process, down to safeties, dead stop, pull the bar up over your "package, junk, whatever you want to call it" like you are in the beginning portion of a high pull, the bar is now above your "junk" and you are holding it there for a count of "one, one, two, three" and then back down to the safeties (dead stop), back up to "two one two three" back down to safeties (dead stop) and back up to "three one two three" and onward and onward until rep eight... which is "eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten"...DONE.

So I dont care if you can rack deadlift 800 pounds for 8....its swallow your pride time.

The goal is always 8 reps (with all reps done with a 3 second pause in the "over the junk shrugged position") with a brutal 10 seconds on the last rep (if you can hack it)

This is done for everything including warmups....

So this would finish off your back workout and it would look like this.

135 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three
eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten - DONE

rest

225 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

315 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

(hypothetical just throwing things out there with these weights)
365 x 6 (failure)
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three four five (last rep, couldnt make it to eight and couldnt make it to ten seconds either..blown out and spent)

****BE incredibly careful with your form...do not screw around with your neck, GET YOUR POSTURE CORRECT...especially during the holds....its very tough....especially that eighth rep so get your posture right, any rep that your posture or form starts to suffer BOOM THATS IT YOUR DONE..THATS FAILURE, DONT TAKE EVEN THE REMOTEST CHANCE...that is it! So keep you form tight on the pull, head back, and posture correct and looking straight ahead on the holds....its very important or you could hurt yourself.

recap
1) rack deadlift and semi high pull over your junk
2) hold
3) correct form and posture on the pulls and correct posture and head neck position on the holds.

My guarentee to you? Fastest trap growth of your life...thats my guarentee to you.

What would i have the above guy do next week?

145x8
235x8
325x8
and then
365 again because he didnt get it

The goal is always 8 reps and 10 seconds on the 8th rep (along with no loss of form)...if you dont get it...you stay there till you get it but you can use 2.5's or 5 pound jumps on your warmup sets next time and in fact i would encourage it.

You have my personal guarentee on this one though for traps if done correctly.

Watch the last rep on these though with that 10 seconds..its tough and brutal and again putting the bar back down on the safeties is tough at that point...dont screw up your form.
---------------

And so y'all know what Iron is talking about with me in the locker room, here ya go lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361616055.631978.jpg

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
GOODMORNING! AA that shit is so fuking funny! Enig up early on a saturday.
yeah boyeeee!Going to "backland" for some fun . Seeya guys little later....T

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
GOODMORNING! AA that shit is so fuking funny! Enig up early on a saturday.
yeah boyeeee!Going to "backland" for some fun . Seeya guys little later....T

Gotta get there before the "fuck tards" show up in mass force... Plus no better way to start your day

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I'm going to give that trap routine a try Atom!

Hit arms yesterday... today is shaping up to be cardio only

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Gotta get there before the "fuck tards" show up in mass force... Plus no better way to start your day

I battled some fucktards today... I ate their souls...

I'm going to give that trap routine a try Atom!

Hit arms yesterday... today is shaping up to be cardio only

The teachings of Dante are my gospel. I live and breath DC. It just resonates very good with me and works with my schedule perfectly.

Bis, forarms and back today. I finished my blast strong as all hell. This is incredible. You guys have no idea how stoked I am! Never did I imagine hitting 160lbs and still being relatively lean.

Here is a pic I took this morning before training 5'2" 160lbs:
BackDblBi_zpsf1a18f04.jpg

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Here is the post from Dante:
Alot of young guys worry bout traps (im starting at the top of the body)

Im going to give you some big freaking traps here...so large that over time you might pause and think....Christ these are getting a little too large and I need to cut back on things here (thats not a bad place to be)....I ABSOLUTELY GUARENTEE YOU THIS THOUGH...YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE HERE WITH THIS AND IT WILL EQUAL BIGTIME iTRAPS

Put these on back day if your traps are subpar.

Its a tweak of rack deadlifts.

a) in a rack
b) put safeties at right below kneecaps if you can (or lower)
c) put bar holders at a notch somewhere above safeties (why? so you can grab the bar before your first rep and SAFELY TAKE A FEW SMALL STEPS BACKWARDS and then start the movement...instead of starting from a dead start on the safeties
d) There is no bouncing off the safeties during the movement. You come to a dead stop on the bars and then pull.

Mode of movement:

grab bar with wriststraps, step safely and slowly backward, normal rack deadlift thought process, down to safeties, dead stop, pull the bar up over your "package, junk, whatever you want to call it" like you are in the beginning portion of a high pull, the bar is now above your "junk" and you are holding it there for a count of "one, one, two, three" and then back down to the safeties (dead stop), back up to "two one two three" back down to safeties (dead stop) and back up to "three one two three" and onward and onward until rep eight... which is "eight one two three four five six seven eight nine ten"...DONE.

So I dont care if you can rack deadlift 800 pounds for 8....its swallow your pride time.

The goal is always 8 reps (with all reps done with a 3 second pause in the "over the junk shrugged position") with a brutal 10 seconds on the last rep (if you can hack it)

This is done for everything including warmups....

So this would finish off your back workout and it would look like this.

135 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

225 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

315 x 8 which would be
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three
seven one two three

rest

(hypothetical just throwing things out there with these weights)
365 x 6 (failure)
one one two three
two one two three
three one two three
four one two three
five one two three
six one two three four five (last rep, couldnt make it to eight and couldnt make it to ten seconds either..blown out and spent)

****BE incredibly careful with your form...do not screw around with your neck, GET YOUR POSTURE CORRECT...especially during the holds....its very tough....especially that eighth rep so get your posture right, any rep that your posture or form starts to suffer BOOM THATS IT YOUR DONE..THATS FAILURE, DONT TAKE EVEN THE REMOTEST CHANCE...that is it! So keep you form tight on the pull, head back, and posture correct and looking straight ahead on the holds....its very important or you could hurt yourself.

recap
1) rack deadlift and semi high pull over your junk
2) hold
3) correct form and posture on the pulls and correct posture and head neck position on the holds.

My guarentee to you? Fastest trap growth of your life...thats my guarentee to you.

What would i have the above guy do next week?

145x8
235x8
325x8
and then
365 again because he didnt get it

The goal is always 8 reps and 10 seconds on the 8th rep (along with no loss of form)...if you dont get it...you stay there till you get it but you can use 2.5's or 5 pound jumps on your warmup sets next time and in fact i would encourage it.

You have my personal guarentee on this one though for traps if done correctly.

Watch the last rep on these though with that 10 seconds..its tough and brutal and again putting the bar back down on the safeties is tough at that point...dont screw up your form.
---------------

And so y'all know what Iron is talking about with me in the locker room, here ya go lol

View attachment 4590

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Had a wickedly good back w/o . for sure the zone Magnus82 posted about.
I changed up my 1 arm db rows for good ole floor tbars. All i can say is hell yes!
allowed a bit quicker pace . Did tbars with a nice pause and slow mo lower.
Did my usual Barbell rows first then wide Pull downs. t bars then narrow pulls finished with straight arm chins strapped . Thanks Tom platz from 30 yrs ago.
Went to some of Dantes pause count bb shrugs then my chin on the face pad angled tbar elbow high narrow narrow grip stuff. Same strong contraction pause slow slow lower .
into some bent seated high mid back shrugs. Back to pause two more sets bb shrugs a little lighter, longer pause and slower down. Knocked out 8-9 good sets traps and 12 sets rest of back in a little less than 40 mins .
i'm starting to get excited about ramping up my time in gym . be adding in volume and spliting things ua little more. Changing gyms to a great gym and atmosphere. Like you guys to know you have taking the place of my old training crew from back in the day. I live a pretty solitary life as far as friends nowadays. Very few come here. Maybe have had 3-4 friends come here in almost 10 years. So sheeit! some smart motherfuckers invented the computer so other than needing a pard when I get it fired up i'm cool .
So thanks to the one guy I think got me by a couple years in age = the brickster for coming up with this thread back at the UG. Now tonight have lots of good meat for the grill . My two little cousins 10 and 12 who are my guardians and my grand daughter is (1) is here. Nice laid back night then a leg session tomorrow. Gonna rewatch the the Wahlburg boxer movie and eat a couple more times .Have great night . Eat and rest well. Check in before sundays legs. Thanks, T

Gj

Jan 2, 2013
Hit back and tri's today. Nice old hardcore gym, so no "fuck tards". Hahaha.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Just some cardio for me today.

Went out for a friend's bday last night and although I normally don't drink at all, I ended up slamming shots. I sobered up later on and no hangover...sometimes it feels real good to put bodybuilding on the back burner and live it up