©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

I've heard it all now

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I think "they" are doing all this to keep us from living in a utopia...taking God out of the picture with a random Big Bang that created everything makes life trivial, which makes it okay to kill millions and grind up their bones for fertilizer...they just want to use us human fertilizer bags man!!!

haha...who the hell knows, like 101 said...there ARE things that most of the country doesn't know...I feel like I can tell there is something that's just not right...doesn't add up...why does the government suck ass but we can't change it...its all just a show like pro wrestling ...it never gets better...I feel like an animal in a cage!! Anarchy anarchy!!! haha

Last edited:

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I think "they" are doing all this to keep us from living in a utopia...taking God out of the picture with a random Big Bang that created everything makes life trivial, which makes it okay to kill millions and grind up their bones for fertilizer...they just want to use us human fertilizer bags man!!!

haha...who the hell knows, like 101 said...there ARE things that most of the country doesn't know...I feel like I can tell there is something that's just not right...doesn't add up...why does the government suck ass but we can't change it...its all just a show like pro wrestling ...it never gets better...I feel like an animal in a cage!! Anarchy anarchy!!! haha
The problem is "Free Will" get rid of that and you have Utopia. But not really.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
...or dystopia.

In fact, I believe most people don't really care about free will to begin with. They just want the appearance of everyday choice available to them. This stems from the sheep mentality that most simple are not very autonomous to begin with snd just will follow the herd.

And then of course, free will may not even exist.

But alas, I have a degree in philosophy and this can be debated ad infinium.

JimRat

Oct 21, 2014
Well I would relate the two by saying if the fundamental forces of what we base all of modern science on are poorly understood, crudely measured, and practically impossible to replicate or figure out on your own.....seems like putting a lot of faith in the scientific community...seems like believing something just because it is too complicated for you to understand so these really really smart people MUST be right

When I see more "work to be done" all I hear is more tax money wasted...science is like a religion you are indoctrinated in from birth, instead of putting money in tbe offering plate they just take it from you like thugs out of your taxes....30billion dollars to put a man on the moon that very well may have all been just filmed by Stanley Kubrick...that's a lot of tax payer cheddar

Just seems the older I get the more everything turns out to be a scam...I could just see this being the MOTHER of all scams

Or maybe I'm just looking for any reason to believe in God. The older I get the more I think the bible is right.

WOW. Talk about a serious lack of understanding of science. Thank you for being one of the many who make lose that much more faith in the human races future prospects. :banghead::banghead:

Sorry but the earth is round guy. Notwithstanding all the other evidence, take a few plane flights heading due East and you don't have to be a genius to figure it out. :lightbulb::lightbulb:

As far as investing in scientific research, the returns may not be immediate but like every other GOOD investment they payback to our economy and well being over the course of time. Lets take your ridiculous Space Program example, ignoring the fact that you implied that is may have been a hoax. I don't want to open that can of worms or make my brain implode. For every dollar invested by the government into NASA the American economy and other countries economies have seen $7 to $14 in new revenue, all from spinoffs and licensing arrangements from the inventions and innovations in products resulting from NASA.

Knuckleheads say "inventions and innovations... Oh yeah, like What?"
Well here is a list of some that are the result or benefited from scientific research done by NASA alone:

• CAT Scanners: If you have ever been treated with a CAT scanner or know of a loved one who has, you have the space program to thank for this. This cancer-detecting tech was first used to find imperfections in space components.

• The Computer Microchip: Modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.

• Cordless Tools: If you have ever picked up a cordless tool you have NASA to thank for that. Power drills and vacuum cleaners were used to drill for moon samples.

• Ear Thermometers: Commonly used in hospitals, the technology used in the ear thermometers originated from a camera-like lens that detected infrared energy used to monitor the birth of stars.

• Freeze-dried food: This process reduces the food weight and increases the shelf life without sacrificing the nutritional value.

• Insulation: With winter on its way, I'm sure you can thank NASA for this one...!! Home insulation uses reflective materials that protects the spacecraft from radiation.

• Light-Emitting Diodes (LED): Developed by NASA,the red light-emitting diodes were used to grow plants in space.

• Memory Foam: I'm sure we've all seen the 'mattress TV commercials' highlighting this feature. This foam was first created for aircraft seats and helmets to soften landing and impact by absorbing shock and returning to its original shape.

• Scratch resistant lenses: Anybody who wears glasses, ski goggles, etc... can associate with this one. Astronaut helmet visor coatings make the lenses 10X more scratch resistant.

• Shoe insoles: Cushion insoles and even the air pocket found in most athletic shoes, first originated from NASA boot designs to lessen impact by adding spring and ventilation.

• Smoke detectors: You know that thing on the ceiling that beeps every time you open the oven...?? Turns out this lifesaving device (adjustable smoke detector) was also invented by NASA.

• Solar energy: I'm sure we all have seen solar panels on top of buildings, houses and even on our desk calculator... Harnessing the sun's solar energy as a power source originated with the efforts of a NASA-sponsored 28-member coalition of companies, government groups, universities and non-profits to form the Environmental Research Aircraft and Sensor Technology Alliance (ERAST). Their goal (at the time) was to develop an unmanned aircraft that was able to maintain high altitude flight for days at a time... the solution: harnessing the sun's energy for power.

• Powdered Lubricants: NASA scientists developed a solid oil-free lubricant capable of operating at high temperatures with increased reliability, lowered weight, reduced maintenance, lower friction, reduces emissions and increased power...

• The water filter: I'm sure we have all used one of these things (i.e. Brita) NASA pioneered the technology to filter water and kill bacteria for water taken to space...

• Space Blankets: Silver and lightweight and resembling a giant sheet of aluminum foil, these sci-fi looking blankets are commonly used by mountain climbers and long-distance runners... they are even given out for free at almost every marathon.

• Flame-resistant textiles: After the tragic Apollo 1 launch that killed three astronauts in a fire, NASA developed a line of fire-resistant textiles used in space suits and vehicles. Today they are commonly used by firefighters, motor sports and other applications.

• Thermometer Pill: NASA developed an ingestible pill in the 1980s that wirelessly monitors the astronaut's core body temperature from the inside. Today this tech is used by athletic teams and professionals to monitor and keep the players safe.

• Conditioning equipment (work-out machines): Commonly seen and used at fitness gyms, athletic departments and by physical therapists around the world. These machines were developed by NASA to keep the astronaut physically fit and to prevent muscle atrophy in zero gravity environments.

• Long distance telecommunications: Do you own a smartphone or ever made a long distance phone call...?? Before humans were even sent into space, NASA launched a bunch of satellites into Earth's orbit to monitor space and communicate to scientist on the ground. Overtime this technique/technology was adopted to over 200 communication satellites that connect us to our loved ones everyday...

And the list goes on longer than this, and this is ONLY from research done by NASA. It is never a bad idea to invest in research. Yes not all research will pay off immediately of course but you never know what VALUABLE inventions, innovations, and discoveries a better understanding of the World and Universe around you will lead too in the Future. A better Future that will not exist if you remain ignorant of it.

Advances in scientific research isn't only something the Government does. Countless innovators and businesses small, large, and huge make contributions all the time. Contributions that are not only a benefit to us all (most of the time), but they also make those individuals and businesses some serious MONEY. Serious money that makes serious contributions to the economy.

Instead of putting your money on the "offering plate", educate yourself and do some scientific research in a field like lets say Medicine, Energy Production, Biology, engineering, ETC. Then maybe you can invent something or innovate in certain field that could actually do something positive not just for yourself or your family but for the rest of the human race as well. You could do that or continue to contribute to the ignorant ways of thinking that will only do us all harm.

People spend way too much time searching in the armpit of the internet and get way to into the conspiracy BS. Not to say that there isn't occasionally SOME truth to the conspiracy theories out there. I'm just saying on the occasion there is its overwhelmingly not what the "theory" purports. And often those truths are more about something about the human condition or on how the minds of some people work more so than their actual claims.

Seriously people stop sitting around all day wasting your time on all that BS, and so something more productive like educate yourself and innovate.

*sigh* (stepping off of soap box)

DNP-Direct

Jun 1, 2013
My buddy is a huge conspiracy theory type of guys no matter what the topic may be. He put on one of these long videos of the earth is flat the other week, smh. He's convinced, I asked him well what about the pics from space, apparently those are all fake according to him lol.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
WOW. Talk about a serious lack of understanding of science. Thank you for being one of the many who make lose that much more faith in the human races future prospects. :banghead::banghead:

Sorry but the earth is round guy. Notwithstanding all the other evidence, take a few plane flights heading due East and you don't have to be a genius to figure it out. :lightbulb::lightbulb:

As far as investing in scientific research, the returns may not be immediate but like every other GOOD investment they payback to our economy and well being over the course of time. Lets take your ridiculous Space Program example, ignoring the fact that you implied that is may have been a hoax. I don't want to open that can of worms or make my brain implode. For every dollar invested by the government into NASA the American economy and other countries economies have seen $7 to $14 in new revenue, all from spinoffs and licensing arrangements from the inventions and innovations in products resulting from NASA.

Knuckleheads say "inventions and innovations... Oh yeah, like What?"
Well here is a list of some that are the result or benefited from scientific research done by NASA alone:

• CAT Scanners: If you have ever been treated with a CAT scanner or know of a loved one who has, you have the space program to thank for this. This cancer-detecting tech was first used to find imperfections in space components.

• The Computer Microchip: Modern microchips descend from integrated circuits used in the Apollo Guidance Computer.

• Cordless Tools: If you have ever picked up a cordless tool you have NASA to thank for that. Power drills and vacuum cleaners were used to drill for moon samples.

• Ear Thermometers: Commonly used in hospitals, the technology used in the ear thermometers originated from a camera-like lens that detected infrared energy used to monitor the birth of stars.

• Freeze-dried food: This process reduces the food weight and increases the shelf life without sacrificing the nutritional value.

• Insulation: With winter on its way, I'm sure you can thank NASA for this one...!! Home insulation uses reflective materials that protects the spacecraft from radiation.

• Light-Emitting Diodes (LED): Developed by NASA,the red light-emitting diodes were used to grow plants in space.

• Memory Foam: I'm sure we've all seen the 'mattress TV commercials' highlighting this feature. This foam was first created for aircraft seats and helmets to soften landing and impact by absorbing shock and returning to its original shape.

• Scratch resistant lenses: Anybody who wears glasses, ski goggles, etc... can associate with this one. Astronaut helmet visor coatings make the lenses 10X more scratch resistant.

• Shoe insoles: Cushion insoles and even the air pocket found in most athletic shoes, first originated from NASA boot designs to lessen impact by adding spring and ventilation.

• Smoke detectors: You know that thing on the ceiling that beeps every time you open the oven...?? Turns out this lifesaving device (adjustable smoke detector) was also invented by NASA.

• Solar energy: I'm sure we all have seen solar panels on top of buildings, houses and even on our desk calculator... Harnessing the sun's solar energy as a power source originated with the efforts of a NASA-sponsored 28-member coalition of companies, government groups, universities and non-profits to form the Environmental Research Aircraft and Sensor Technology Alliance (ERAST). Their goal (at the time) was to develop an unmanned aircraft that was able to maintain high altitude flight for days at a time... the solution: harnessing the sun's energy for power.

• Powdered Lubricants: NASA scientists developed a solid oil-free lubricant capable of operating at high temperatures with increased reliability, lowered weight, reduced maintenance, lower friction, reduces emissions and increased power...

• The water filter: I'm sure we have all used one of these things (i.e. Brita) NASA pioneered the technology to filter water and kill bacteria for water taken to space...

• Space Blankets: Silver and lightweight and resembling a giant sheet of aluminum foil, these sci-fi looking blankets are commonly used by mountain climbers and long-distance runners... they are even given out for free at almost every marathon.

• Flame-resistant textiles: After the tragic Apollo 1 launch that killed three astronauts in a fire, NASA developed a line of fire-resistant textiles used in space suits and vehicles. Today they are commonly used by firefighters, motor sports and other applications.

• Thermometer Pill: NASA developed an ingestible pill in the 1980s that wirelessly monitors the astronaut's core body temperature from the inside. Today this tech is used by athletic teams and professionals to monitor and keep the players safe.

• Conditioning equipment (work-out machines): Commonly seen and used at fitness gyms, athletic departments and by physical therapists around the world. These machines were developed by NASA to keep the astronaut physically fit and to prevent muscle atrophy in zero gravity environments.

• Long distance telecommunications: Do you own a smartphone or ever made a long distance phone call...?? Before humans were even sent into space, NASA launched a bunch of satellites into Earth's orbit to monitor space and communicate to scientist on the ground. Overtime this technique/technology was adopted to over 200 communication satellites that connect us to our loved ones everyday...

And the list goes on longer than this, and this is ONLY from research done by NASA. It is never a bad idea to invest in research. Yes not all research will pay off immediately of course but you never know what VALUABLE inventions, innovations, and discoveries a better understanding of the World and Universe around you will lead too in the Future. A better Future that will not exist if you remain ignorant of it.

Advances in scientific research isn't only something the Government does. Countless innovators and businesses small, large, and huge make contributions all the time. Contributions that are not only a benefit to us all (most of the time), but they also make those individuals and businesses some serious MONEY. Serious money that makes serious contributions to the economy.

Instead of putting your money on the "offering plate", educate yourself and do some scientific research in a field like lets say Medicine, Energy Production, Biology, engineering, ETC. Then maybe you can invent something or innovate in certain field that could actually do something positive not just for yourself or your family but for the rest of the human race as well. You could do that or continue to contribute to the ignorant ways of thinking that will only do us all harm.

People spend way too much time searching in the armpit of the internet and get way to into the conspiracy BS. Not to say that there isn't occasionally SOME truth to the conspiracy theories out there. I'm just saying on the occasion there is its overwhelmingly not what the "theory" purports. And often those truths are more about something about the human condition or on how the minds of some people work more so than their actual claims.

Seriously people stop sitting around all day wasting your time on all that BS, and so something more productive like educate yourself and innovate.

*sigh* (stepping off of soap box)
If the point of your rant was to somehow impart knowledge, you failed spectacularly by coming off as condescending and pretentious in your first paragraph.

Leading your argument with an insult was tasteless and disrespectful to the original poster.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
LOL...He lost me after CAT scanners...those things give you so much radiation they prolly cause more cancer than they detect...or at least that's what a very well respected cardiologist named Dr. Petroff told our entire class one summer....

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I can't believe he left out the space pen...thanks nasa, thanks government, now I can write upside down...Upside down, just like folks' finances and health, spending life as a slave to the system and having nothing to show for it except creating a few younger slaves to keep footing your bill.

I feel like I've educated myself enough to find out that EVERYTHING is a scam, a sham, a show, a slight of hand, a farce, a folly, a fraud, a fake, dog and pony show, a wild goose chase, a lie, a JOKE....and we are the punch line

It ain't what ya don't know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so...mark twain

Death and taxes you mofos, death and taxes

Anarchy! Anarchy!

oh ya, and maybe the earth is like a water droplet on a flat surface so you can still fly east in circles all day long and it doesn't prove its a perfect sphere like the nasa photos...even tho Neil degrass Tyson says its actually pear shaped

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Bobcat, u seem to be going into a pretty dark place, lately. Do you need somebody to talk, bro? I'm not trying to be cute, it's a legitimate offer. The tone/vibe of your posts the last few weeks has been getting increasingly pessimistic, and is starting to border on the irrational side. If you need someone to lend an ear, there's plenty of guys here that are ready to listen.

I don't know if here's anything I can do, but feel free to shoot me a PM if you need to chat about something.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Bobcat, u seem to be going into a pretty dark place, lately. Do you need somebody to talk, bro? I'm not trying to be cute, it's a legitimate offer. The tone/vibe of your posts the last few weeks has been getting increasingly pessimistic, and is starting to border on the irrational side. If you need someone to lend an ear, there's plenty of guys here that are ready to listen.

I don't know if here's anything I can do, but feel free to shoot me a PM if you need to chat about something.

Funny you say that cause I quit smoking weed mid November just to give myself a break....your post made me start smoking again...I feel much better now

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Well, I probably would have stayed off. It can take up to 6 months to level out for someone that was a habitual smoker. That's just my take. Not trying to tell you what to do. If it works for you, rock on. Glad ur feeling better.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
what about all the examples like these photos...I've seen ton of examples of this and haven't seen anyone debunk it yet...can anybody here please explain why this is possible so I can stop feeling crazy?

View attachment 21575

image.png

Last edited:

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
If the earth was flat how is it that boats dont just fall off when crossing oceans and planes dont just fly away into space once the reach the end? Just saying....AR

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
This is absolutely the stupidest thing I've ever heard I've traveled the world And can tell you from the 500,000 airmiles that the world is not flat. Don't be gullible. If you actually believe this I've got beachfront property for sale in North Dakota lol. I'll make you a good deal

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
How do you explain the sun not rising for 72 days in the winter in Alaska? I've seen with my own eyes the sun at all times of year when I lived up there. If the earth was flat how do you explain the lack of sunrise wouldn't the sun be at the same height all years whereas in the Southern Hemisphere during our winter it's summer but according to the reasoning of the earth being flat the sun would just. Never mind o can't even try and convince someone cuz this is dumb. Also if the earth was flat why do we have pictures of the earth being round from outer space lol.

I vote this the dumbest thread of 2015

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Another thing when you get up closer to the top of the world the horizon is a lot different then when you're down closer to the equator. Therefore when you're flying at 35,000-37,000 feet you can definitely tell that the earth is not flat. Sorry for being a dick but come on man.

I mean I can believe some conspiracy theories that actually have some facts to support them no matter how outlandish they may seem but this I can tell you 100% for a fact the earth is not flat.

Wanna look up some weird theories look up admiral bird he's a nazi admiral that lead a team into Antarctica for the sole purpose of aliens and ufo's

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Have you ever noticed that every planet, star or celestial body is round......Excluding comets or asteroids.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Bobcat, I have u a bunch of links earlier that gave a lot of really simple explanations that prove the shape of the earth. I'm starting to think that you really want to believe the earth is flat and probably a bunch of other nonsensical shit. If this is something that you're wanting to believe, no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to help you not believe it. I learned everything that I needed to know to understand that the earth is round by 5th grade science class. It's really not that complicated, bro. But, I'll make one last attempt at being rational with you.

The fact that a horizon even exists proves that the earth is not flat. If the earth were flat, one would be able to take a telescope and look all the way to other side of the planet. You would literally be able to stand on the eastern coast of the US and wave to someone on the west coast of Europe, because with no curvature to the earth it would a straight line between every point on the map.

There would be no need for communication satellites, because if the world were flat you would have line-of-sight with every other point on the planet.

In the 70's, astronauts left a parabolic reflecting mirror on the moon. With a large enough laser, one can fire a laser beam at the moon and reflect it back to a receiver on earth. Measuring the time it takes for the laser to return gives an almost perfect measurement of the distance from the earth to the moon.

If the earth were flat, you could do the same experiment across the oceans. Pose this experiment to some of these whacko's and see who wants to take u up on it. None of them. Cuz they know it won't work.

You really should consider getting off the weed again. It's causing you to be really irrational, and probably a bit paranoid. Give it 6-8 months, and I can promise you, you'll read the stuff you've written here and u won't understand what you were thinking.