©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Nuub question - Getting a new doctor

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
I was uninsured for a while and did not have a GP doctor.
Now I have coverage and have scheduled an appointment for an initial visit (physical) with a new doctor.

I have not started my first cycle yet as I am waiting on my ancillaries to begin.

I am 33 and while I do feel I've slowed down since my 20's I kinda doubt I would be below average in my test levels.

My question for you vets out there is what should I say, or not say to my doctor?
Since I have yet to start an initial cycle would this be a good opportunity to ask for some lab work to determine my baseline levels?
I suppose I could say I was concerned about some ED or something?

I am totally clueless here, hit me with the wisdom vets.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
You can definitely mention some issues with erections, both getting and keeping them. Generally tired, sluggish, low energy, lack of sexual desire. There are also measures you can take to make sure u test low if the doctor orders bloodwork to check your Test levels. Also, don't wear anything that shows off your physique, hide it and play it down as much as possible. For a lot of GP's, the more muscular you look the quicker they will be to dismiss your complaints. Not all, but many.

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
I'm not really trying to get TRT, unless that's easier than it seems like it would be.
Just wondering if I just blatantly asked for a lab, would that be a huge mistake?
I thought it would be an opportunity to see what my natural levels are, before I attempt to alter them.
Not sure what you mean when you say "hide" my physique
A) im not very big
B) its a physical, how exactly is he not gonna see my physique?

I'm guessing I'll get my balls cupped, and maybe in a finger in my ass
I suppose for some thats not a bad first date, but not really my bag

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Yes get labs done. It's always a good idea to know where you stand health wise. They should check you cholesterol, test, liver, prostate, thyroid.

Getting ono TRT by your doctor if you qualify isn't a bad idea either. Because then you leagel. If you have to travel.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
When my doctor said he wanted to check my prostate I was worried. You can imagine my how happy I was when i found out it was from extra blood work. They don't necessarily have to put a finger in the ass. But ya you should get your balls cupped. Check for that hernia. And anything else.

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
So its ok to just ask for that?

What if he questions my motivation for having my test measured?

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
It's called a health and wellness check up. We should all get them esp after 30. Most insurance covers them for 2 times a year.

BTW. Talking to your doctor should be like talking to your spouses. Never hold anything back be honest. They can't turn you in there are laws to prevent that. And your life is in there hands so they need to know the best way to treat you.

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
Right, in the past I have always been entirely forthright with my physicians, but I am unsure if doing so might end up resulting in certain data going into my file which would be an issue later on.

If I use my new doctor to get some starting baseline labs, I'm assuming I can just use a third party to run checks later on while on cycle??

Is there some recommended vendors for this, or does it vary by region?

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Most cities have anti aging clinics but they cost more. If you have insurance and they will cover it. Just make an apt with a urologist that's what they specialize in

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
It's called a health and wellness check up. We should all get them esp after 30. Most insurance covers them for 2 times a year.

BTW. Talking to your doctor should be like talking to your spouses. Never hold anything back be honest. They can't turn you in there are laws to prevent that. And your life is in there hands so they need to know the best way to treat you.

You are correct. They cannot turn you in. However, they will be making notes in your file of what you tell them. And if your insurance is paying for your visit, then your insurance company will absolutely have access to those files and the notes the doctor makes in them. Having documentation in your medical file about admitting to past/current/future AAS use could and most likely will cause problems in the future for you with your insurance company. Insurance companies make it a general policy to screw over their policy holders, giving them ammunition to help them screw you with is NOT in your best interest.