©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Husband wants to try steroids. Help me understand.

Tyler

Dec 4, 2012
Hmmm....I was a bit worried at the initial replies here, but see several have jumped in with good feedback. At his height and weight, he needs to be logging every single calorie and macro that he takes in, every single day. I'll bet he is eating waaaay less than he thinks he is.

It's a long, slow process learning how your own body reacts and what it takes to gain quality weight. He should log what he's eating and, if he's not gaining weight, bump the calories by 500 or so per day and then monitor for two weeks. If no changes, bump again and monitor. Keep going until the scale moves.

I am certainly no expert on AAS (I have my own "first cycle" thread) but I've been on TRT for years. And I've played this game long enough to know what works and what doesn't for me. For 10 years, I was too chicken to go on an actual bulk for fear of gaining too much fat, but finally said 'screw it'. I started around 2,500 cals/day and did Starting Strength. I ended it at nearly 5,000 cals/day and that was just to gain another pound or two (that's probably breakfast for some of the guys on here lol but it was getting to be a bear for me). I got way too fat in the process and then pulled back. But it was a very valuable learning experience for me and I suggest your husband do something similar.

AAS is not the answer right now. If he's eating 6k cals/day and not gaining a pound, he should see a doctor.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Super advice by most but I'm gonna be the asshole of the day and call bullshit. And no I'm not off my meds lol. Seen this before. Don't add up. Please don't fucking flame me either as its just my humble opinion....AR....

Are you saying we're being trolled? I don't know if we are or not, but it's a distinct possibility. If so, oh well. At the least it's shown how mature and level headed the members of this board are.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Again its just my humble opinion Lil' Sully. You know I got mad respect for you and everyone here. I could be totally wrong. Probably am. I just find it pretty impressive but unlikely that a chic or guy who knows nothing about boards or roids didn't make one little mistake like post in the wrong section, uses "likes" perfectly already, uses terms like test E, EQ, etc. etc. Hell I've been on boards for 10 plus years and it took me a month to even notice "likes". Lol Maybe the person who posted this is just really good for a first timer. If so I'll be the first to say my bad and apologize. Plus the dude is 5'10" 130lbs at 11%? That's one skinny fat dude. He doesn't need roids he needs a big bottle of weight gain 5,000 and a gym. Sorry to everybody here. I'm not trying to offend. I just don't like being duped and certainly wouldn't answer any PMs asking certain questions. Wonder if anybody got any....AR....

P.s. LIL SULLY this board is the most level headed and mature board on the net by far. Other than me I guess. I just find it hard to trust things that are too perfect but that's just a flaw in me.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Again its just my humble opinion Lil' Sully. You know I got mad respect for you and everyone here. I could be totally wrong. Probably am. I just find it pretty impressive but unlikely that a chic or guy who knows nothing about boards or roids didn't make one little mistake like post in the wrong section, uses "likes" perfectly already, uses terms like test E, EQ, etc. etc. Hell I've been on boards for 10 plus years and it took me a month to even notice "likes". Lol Maybe the person who posted this is just really good for a first timer. If so I'll be the first to say my bad and apologize. Plus the dude is 5'10" 130lbs at 11%? That's one skinny fat dude. He doesn't need roids he needs a big bottle of weight gain 5,000 and a gym. Sorry to everybody here. I'm not trying to offend. I just don't like being duped and certainly wouldn't answer any PMs asking certain questions. Wonder if anybody got any....AR....

P.s. LIL SULLY this board is the most level headed and mature board on the net by far. Other than me I guess. I just find it hard to trust things that are too perfect but that's just a flaw in me.

I get it man. My first thought was that it was someone trolling, as well. But, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, just in case it is legit. Crazier things have happened. In this case, the trolling is still better than all the spam we've been getting here, lately. Even if it's not legit, it was still good to see a bunch of good bro's offering cautious, safe advice to someone. No one got flamed, no one got talked down to, no one got harassed. Anytime you can say that about a thread on the Internet is a good day.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Your so damn nice Lil'Sully I threw you another "like" just because I know it makes your day!!!! Lol....AR....

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I appreciate it AR. IT's not about being nice, though. I used to go around calling bullshit on stuff a lot. But after a while I realized that even when I was right, it wasn't productive. It didn't matter that I was right, and it didn't matter that people were full of shit. The outcome didn't improve just because I pointed it out. Often times, I think it got worse. I also lacked any sort of tact or subtlety, so that didn't help either.

So after a while I decided to make an effort to be a little more diplomatic and to not let the bullshit get to me. Overall, it's worked well. It's in my nature to be skeptical, and sometimes it gets the better of me. But I'm definitely happier and easier going than I was when I was younger. And things tend to work out on their own without me having to fight for the outcome I want.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Yes I suppose your right. I do have trust issues. And I guess I do lack "Tact" from time to time. From now on I'll just keep my mouth shut. Thanks....AR....

MandyD26

May 23, 2016
Super advice by most but I'm gonna be the asshole of the day and call bullshit. And no I'm not off my meds lol. Seen this before. Don't add up. Please don't fucking flame me either as its just my humble opinion....AR....

What are you calling bullshit?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
What are you calling bullshit?

He's saying that he doesn't think you are the person you have presented yourself to be. Most likely he believes you are a guy that is pretending to be a female and made up the entire story.

In his defense, 90% of the time he's going to be right about the situation, unfortunately. Forums like this one tend to be fodder for trolls that like to pretend they're women, presumably for attention. It's a fairly common occurrence, and guys get justifiably jaded and suspicious because of it.

If you are in fact who you say you are and the situation you have presented here is genuine, you shouldn't take it personally or be offended by it. Coming across an actual woman on a steroid forum is like spotting Bigfoot.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
He's saying that he doesn't think you are the person you have presented yourself to be. Most likely he believes you are a guy that is pretending to be a female and made up the entire story.

In his defense, 90% of the time he's going to be right about the situation, unfortunately. Forums like this one tend to be fodder for trolls that like to pretend they're women, presumably for attention. It's a fairly common occurrence, and guys get justifiably jaded and suspicious because of it.

If you are in fact who you say you are and the situation you have presented here is genuine, you shouldn't take it personally or be offended by it. Coming across an actual woman on a steroid forum is like spotting Bigfoot.

Yep......that's a fuckin troll bro

Attachments

• Imagine+you+have+no+clue+about+these+quot+chinese+cartoons+quot+and+_44163c7c5b60bb2187eb0319ee5.jpg
    Imagine+you+have+no+clue+about+these+quot+chinese+cartoons+quot+and+_44163c7c5b60bb2187eb0319ee5.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 26

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Yeah, it's looking like it. Oh well. Worse things have happened.