©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

2 a days?

bsteelz

Feb 11, 2008
Just looking for some thoughts on / Wondering diff. opinions...
If your doing a cycle how many times a week is ok or not ok to be lifting with the same body parts.. I figured when running a Cyc you could get more out of it and have more muscle capabilities to work more and harder? Should a person stick with a regular system even during a cycle or double up eon verthing to get more out of it.. I know you gotta eat a lot more and provide the body with enough energy to burn but would I waste my time hittin muscle groups closer together in the week / doing more when Im on a gear run? Or am I over workin the body...What do you ya think??? Only using a little T and some EQ. to top it off...
Thanks,
STEELZ

naase2004

Jul 23, 2004
Charlotte, NC
First, how long have you been lifting? If you are on any aas then yes you can technically lift a lil more but you really still need time for your muscles to recover. You may want to look into the dc training. What are your goals?

bsteelz

Feb 11, 2008
thanks bro.

yeah bro thanks for the headz up... I have been lifting for a long time.. This is my 6th cyc.. 30 yrs old been lifting since high school ... 5'11 217 lbs pretty jacked up.. goals are prob like most.. trying to stay big strong and look great.. Not tryin to do shows or anything.. Just wanting to get the most out of my cyc ya know.. I am more experienced now and tryin to just get more and the best input i can to always have posotive progress ya know.. I fig i could go a little more but obv. need the rest also.. thanks.. any other knowledge let me know...
Thanks!:twisted:

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
bsteelz said:
Just looking for some thoughts on / Wondering diff. opinions...
If your doing a cycle how many times a week is ok or not ok to be lifting with the same body parts.. I figured when running a Cyc you could get more out of it and have more muscle capabilities to work more and harder? Should a person stick with a regular system even during a cycle or double up eon verthing to get more out of it.. I know you gotta eat a lot more and provide the body with enough energy to burn but would I waste my time hittin muscle groups closer together in the week / doing more when Im on a gear run? Or am I over workin the body...What do you ya think??? Only using a little T and some EQ. to top it off...
Thanks,
STEELZ

I would say most people in the gym overtrain. Either by using the same body part too many times per week and/or doing about 20 sets on a bench press etc. Some fella actually asks for my advice on Sat and said he has been working on his chest so hard but it just isn't growing. I knew what it would be so I asked how many times per week do you train it. The reply 5 times!

You can train alittle more whilst on AAS. But rest is just as important that is why you need to plan out a good routine. But keep it evolving for your particular goals. I usually write out what days and what bodyparts for each for the next 4 weeks. Then I follow that but sometimes change little things. Then I do the same for the following 4 weeks but change it around. I have a good memory so I don't have to write it down but I always do just incase.

Everyone is different but my rec for you is to do each body part intensely once per week. But for 2/3 areas that you want to develop (they need it) more then do them twice per week. My chest is an area I need/want to work more on so I do that Mon and Thurs or Tues and Fri etc... ensuring plenty of time in between. My routine did look like this-

Mon-Legs, Chest, Abs
Tues- Shoulders, Bi-ceps, Abs
Thurs- Back
Fri- Chest, Triceps, Abs

It is important to change your routine but not too much... you need some stability in it such as core exercises like deadlifts, squats, bench press etc etc. I have wrote a few things on threads in the nautural section. Now my routine is-

Mon-Legs, Chest, Tri-ceps Abs
Tues- Shoulders, Bi-ceps, Abs
Thurs- Back, Calves
Fri- Chest, Triceps, Abs

So in the above I am doing tri-ceps twice weekly and calves twice weekly (cos I do them in my legs routine too). I sometimes go 5 times per week but the above is the most I will do in terms of bodyparts per week (it ranges from 3 to 6 days per week over the year). My main areas I want to improve now is calves for the summer and alittle bit more on chest (although that is coming good). I wouldn't train my back lots because I really work that out hard and once is enough. I will start twice weekly soon but I will be doing one time much lighter. You may have noticed it sounds like I change alot cos bascially there is 1001 correct answers. Plus what is right for some people is wrong for others. My routine is pretty much the same over the months but I swop body parts to do twice weekly. If I need to work on a certain area I am likely to do that twice weekly for as long as it takes (could be 4 months). I start my cutting routine soon as I am coming to the end of my cycle. That will be-

Mon= Chest, Back, Tri-ceps
Tues= Cardio, Abs
Wed= Legs, Shoulders
Thurs= Cardio, Abs
Fri= Chest, Back, Biceps, Triceps
Sat= Abs (at home)

But the above you can change to less weights per day and include cardio after each day (but less than what I would do if done in the above). One of my chest days will be lighter than the other but in the above it will be more high reps and lower weight in all exercises.

So there is no rigth answer but you should be looking at working out 3-6 days per week. But the important part is not training each part more than twice and ensuring optimal recovery. Eat well, train well and sleep lots and you should be cool. Just really blast the weights and make sure you rest lots. Take a good vitamin and drink lots of water etc etc etc.

bsteelz

Feb 11, 2008
thanks

thanks elvia thats a good set.. Thats kinda how I am lifting right now and i was just worried about over doing it... thanks for the headz up man I appreciate it..

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
bsteelz said:
thanks elvia thats a good set.. Thats kinda how I am lifting right now and i was just worried about over doing it... thanks for the headz up man I appreciate it..

Cool. Sounds like you are doing good. I know what you mean though. Cos especially when on AAS you just wanna abuse the gym. I feel fine and I think I could do more on that or this. But like I said just do 1/2 times per week for bodyparts. Abs you can do more. Just keep 2-3 core exercises for each part and have a list of many that you rotate either each week or every month. That way you have stability and are making use of the best movements (deadlift, squat, bench press, tri-cep pulldown, lat pulldown etc etc). But also are constantly changing so you don't hit a plateau. The same can be said for methods of training too. Meaning go up in weight, go down in weight, the same weight (4/5 attempts) and supersets etc. Like I said there are 1001 ways. My cutting is not extreme otherwise I would be doing cardio 4-5 times weekly... just wanna raise my fitness and cut up alittle more.

You sound like your doing a good job. Hope it works out for you.