©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Got any Hobbies?

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Thats awesome! football and rockstar!! Why you thinkin about quitting football man? and what position you play?

Im a lineman, offensive guard/defensive tackle. Mostly just the politics in the league/team I play for. I don't like all the traveling we do since its on to get to and from games it means miles on my own vehicle and gas out of my pocket.. home field is a 45min drive and it's just getting rough on my body! I love lifting and bodybuilding and it's just hard doing both. I've torn both shoulders, had more concussions than I can count. Just not worth all the recovery time when bodybuilding is becoming more and more my real passion. It's no fun taking weeks if not months away from lifting due to a football injury.

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Im a lineman, offensive guard/defensive tackle. Mostly just the politics in the league/team I play for. I don't like all the traveling we do since its on to get to and from games it means miles on my own vehicle and gas out of my pocket.. home field is a 45min drive and it's just getting rough on my body! I love lifting and bodybuilding and it's just hard doing both. I've torn both shoulders, had more concussions than I can count. Just not worth all the recovery time when bodybuilding is becoming more and more my real passion. It's no fun taking weeks if not months away from lifting due to a football injury.

Shit man. Ya thats rough. And imagine how much bigger you would be with all that drive, travel, injury and football time dedicated towards lifting?! Good choice brother.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Also have a ba in philosophy and comparative religious studies... Also have been training and teaching MMA/Muay Thai/ BJJ for years now- funny stuff

LOL I look at my old judo gi and always want to wear it to the gym to squat. The material would be perfect for getting extra grip on the bar.
Christmas got a newer copy of Heidegger's "Being and Time".

Best part of Nursing and Psych.....APA format!!!! MLA=ROID RAGE :action-smiley-041:

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
LOL I look at my old judo gi and always want to wear it to the gym to squat. The material would be perfect for getting extra grip on the bar.

Christmas got a newer copy of Heidegger's "Being and Time".

Best part of Nursing and Psych.....APA format!!!! MLA=ROID RAGE :action-smiley-041:

Bring and time was my first "traditional" book by an existentialist author.... I'm more of a Kierkegaard kind of guy. I appreciate SK's effort to grapple with spiritual dilemma of existence.

I read a lot of Aldous Huxley too

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Bring and time was my first "traditional" book by an existentialist author.... I'm more of a Kierkegaard kind of guy. I appreciate SK's effort to grapple with spiritual dilemma of existence.

I read a lot of Aldous Huxley too

I completely agree, with out that, in my opinion as a stage of mental development, you end up with Nietzsche's warped view of life. The dilemma is now how to stagger the impending nihilism. I fear our world has gone down that path.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I completely agree, with out that, in my opinion as a stage of mental development, you end up with Nietzsche's warped view of life. The dilemma is now how to stagger the impending nihilism. I fear our world has gone down that path.

Yeah you either end up reducing the existential experience down to a nihilistic view /framework- or you concede to a deeper element of being- although it is archaic I align myself with the Aquinas style metaphysical reality. Obviously by my preferences you can tell I have accepted a view of life and existence that surpasses the carnal realm ( theist ) so it's hard for me to really invest much time into people like Sartre and Russell and so forth-

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Yeah you either end up reducing the existential experience down to a nihilistic view /framework- or you concede to a deeper element of being- although it is archaic I align myself with the Aquinas style metaphysical reality. Obviously by my preferences you can tell I have accepted a view of life and existence that surpasses the carnal realm ( theist ) so it's hard for me to really invest much time into people like Sartre and Russell and so forth-

You sir are fucking awesome! Keep that shit up! We're on the same page...

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
My wife has a serious addiction to saltwater tanks we have three a reef tank sea horse tank and a predator tank ill try to post pics.

Last edited:

xvvfacevvx

Jun 27, 2010
I used to play guitar almost as a full time job. I quit my band to go back to work full time to raise my kids properly, the band is still touring nationally and if if you live in a major city in the mid west and listen to hard rock, chances are you have heard me play. I am an electrical/ mechanical mcgyver that works for a drilling company.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I used to play poker. A lot of poker. For a 3 year period I was actually making more money playing poker than I was at my real job. I actually treated it just like a second job. Scheduled hours, paid taxes, broke down wins and losses per hour, tracked number of hands played per session, etc.

Then I met my current g/f and decided to quit so I could pursue a relationship with her. I'd really like to have that decision back.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Aside from trying to run a business and take care of my daughter I build reef aquariums.View attachment 10574

I use to be heavily into fish, even had 7' worth of tank built into my bedroom wall at one time. Had to have people come in for maintenance. Also had a 75 gallon tank for my albino axolotls in the dinning room and the 90 gallon wave tank in the living room. Got to be a VERY expensive hobby!

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
I use to be heavily into fish, even had 7' worth of tank built into my bedroom wall at one time. Had to have people come in for maintenance. Also had a 75 gallon tank for my albino axolotls in the dinning room and the 90 gallon wave tank in the living room. Got to be a VERY expensive hobby!

I wish i seen them lol thats intense.