©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Getting Prepared for 2018..... Q & A

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
In a nutshell, what the therapist will do is locate adhesions/scar tissue along the pass of the muscle. Once located they will apply strong pressure, essentially pinning it in place, then move the muscle through a range of motions to "release" or break up the adhesion/scar tissue. If I can figure out how to embed a video I have some of me getting worked on I can post up.

And I have heard of it, I actually tried it for awhile, but wasn't really sold on it. I saw more benefit from doing a loaded stretch at the end of my workouts while the muscle as pumped than from rolfing.

Thanks ZK!!! Great info!

When you say active release so you mean the fascia stretching therapy or is that something else?

Also, have to ever heard of Rolfing?!?

Fitraver

Aug 12, 2017
In a nutshell, what the therapist will do is locate adhesions/scar tissue along the pass of the muscle. Once located they will apply strong pressure, essentially pinning it in place, then move the muscle through a range of motions to "release" or break up the adhesion/scar tissue. If I can figure out how to embed a video I have some of me getting worked on I can post up.

And I have heard of it, I actually tried it for awhile, but wasn't really sold on it. I saw more benefit from doing a loaded stretch at the end of my workouts while the muscle as pumped than from rolfing.

Thanks bro! I am totally going to look into it. I found a good place part of a sports club. Really hoping maybe my insurance will cover it. They said they take it but not guaranteed it will.

Did yours?

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Unfortunately my insurance does not, but luckily one or two visits goes a long ways towards helping getting back to healthy functioning, and after you get worked on it becomes much easier to keep up on the rehab yourself.

Thanks bro! I am totally going to look into it. I found a good place part of a sports club. Really hoping maybe my insurance will cover it. They said they take it but not guaranteed it will.

Did yours?

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
How high did You allow bf to get offseason?
Hey MTF whats a"typical" offseason cycle?

mytreefiddy

IFBB Pro / Donating Member
Jan 1, 2013
How high did You allow bf to get offseason?
Hey MTF whats a"typical" offseason cycle?

Mighty J.....Last season I got up to 220lbs but can still see a pretty good outline of my abs...that was kinda my guideline.... I was having 5 Guys 2x a week and calories were about 3300-3500 daily and ZERO cardio.... However, this year our approach will be a bit different... Not really looking to "grow" this offseason...im kinda where I need to be size-wise with these physique Pros.... one reason why I'm pleased we jumped into the Tampa Pro... gave us an idea of where we stood and where we need to be on the Pro level... so I plan to be at around 210-215lbs these next few months. Cardio a few times a week will be implemented...As far as drug protocols go we're going more conservative from here on out... Test E at about 500mg as a base... see what else we bring in... I love InjDrol so that will be in the mix as well..... really excited for this 2018 season.... its all I think about.. I c an't help it....just wanna keep getting better and better.....I wont officially start my "Improvement Season" for a few weeks... just playing around with the weights for now..... i'll start a log once I commence...

mytreefiddy

IFBB Pro / Donating Member
Jan 1, 2013
whats your training like at this stage ?

Not really sticking to anything rigid training wise.... just kinda doing what I feel like on any given day... I'm just cruising along which I kinda don't like.... I like following something... I'm waiting on bloods. (should get results tomorrow)....just taking 175mg Test a week and 2ius daily..... sitting at 215lb full as fuck... once I get bloods back I start mapping..... by late September i'll start my IMPROVEMENT season... then i'll be following more a more rigid protocol...i'll be starting a log once I commence.... really excited for 2018

bill2

Feb 16, 2015
good!
can you post a daily meal plan of yours at this point?( offseason..)
and a precontest meal plan? like 4 weeks out?