©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

SELANK for stress release

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Selank-induced normalizing effects on the integrative brain activity and biogenic amine level disorders due to antenatal hypoxia.

AuthorsSemenova TP, et al. Show all Journal
Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova. 2006 Nov;92(11):1332-8. Article in Russian.

Affiliation
Abstract
The effects of Selank synthetic analog of Tuftsin, representing the heptapeptide forming Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro, on behavior and serotonin/noradrenalin concentrations in brain were investigated in adult rats exposed to hypoxia during 14-16 days of gestation. It was revealed that injection of Selank (300 mkg/kg, i/p) increased 2--3-fold (p < 0.01) the sensory attention, facilitated 1.5-fold the learning capacity (p < 0.01), normalized exploratory activity in the open field and hole board, and recovered the balance of serotonergic and noradrenergic brain system activity. The data obtained demonstrate the possibility of Selank to compensate for long-lasting negative effects of antenatal hypoxia on integrative brain activity and brain monoamine level.

PMID 17385425 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
The inhibitory effect of Selank on enkephalin-degrading enzymes as a possible mechanism of its anxiolytic activity.

Zozulya AA1, Kost NV, Yu Sokolov O, Gabaeva MV, Grivennikov IA, Andreeva LN, Zolotarev YA, Ivanov SV, Andryushchenko AV, Myasoedov NF, Smulevich AB.

Abstract

Examination of patients with various forms of anxiety and phobic disorders (according to DSM-4 criteria) demonstrated a considerable shortening of enkephalin half-life and reduced total enkephalinase activity in the blood during generalized anxiety, but not during panic disorders and agoraphobia. This was probably related to low blood concentration of endogenous inhibitors of enkephalin-degrading enzymes in patients with generalized anxiety disorders. Heptapeptide Selank (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro), which attenuates behavioral anxiety reactions and does not cause side effects typical of most anxiolytics, dose-dependently inhibited enzymatic hydrolysis of plasma enkephalin (IC50 15 microM). Selank was more potent than peptidase inhibitors bacitracin and puromycin in inhibiting enkephalinases. These results suggest that high efficiency of Selank in the therapy of anxiety and phobic disorders, including generalized anxiety, is due to its ability to inhibit enkephalin hydrolysis.

PMID: 11550013 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
P-1114 - Rapid and slow response during treatment of generalized anxiety disorder with peptide anxiolytic selank

Introduction
Heptapeptide Selank approved for the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). Studies revealed that Selank acts as an anxiolytic with stimulatory and cognitive enhancing properties. Though time to treatment response significantly varied in patients and this issue has not been studied.

Objectives
Individual treatment response analysis in Selank-treated patients with GAD.

Aims
To compare clinical state and EEG changes in patients with different time to treatment response to Selank.

Methods
20 patients aged 24–52 y.o. with GAD according to DSM-IV were included. Selank was administered at the dose 2700 μg/day intranasally. Study utilized valid clinical scales and pharmaco-EEG.

Results
40% of patients were rapid responders (RR) and characterized by abrupt reduction of whole set of symptoms in first 1–3 Days. At the Day 3 Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale (HARS) mean total score [SD] reduced from 20.3[11.9] to 7.0[2.9] (p < 0.01). 60% of patients responded gradually (conventional responders - CR). Clinically significant changes of mean HARS total score from 16.1[7.2] to 6.2[4.7] were achieved at Day 14, p < 0.01. In contrast to CR, RR demonstrated obvious EEG-reaction after single dose (900 μg) with increase of beta-rhythm, decrease of theta- and low frequencies of alpha-rhythm (all p < 0.05). Initially RR and CR significantly differed by the score of asthenic and cognitive symptoms (p < 0.05).

Conclusions
Data that peptide anxiolytic drug Selank in patients with GAD exert significant individual variability of therapeutic effect, including rapid effectiveness, confirmed. RR had more asthenic and cognitive symptoms and characterized by a higher EEG-reactivity than CR.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Selank and its derivatives had a significant antiulcer effect by increasing the resistance of the gastric mucosa to the factors that contributed to the formation of ulcers.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
The neurobiochemical spectrum of selank action combines mechanisms which are characteristics of antidepressants and psychostimulants: activation of the brain monoaminergic systems, dopamine synthesis and turnover, and modulation of the tyrosine hydroxylase activity.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
[Comparison of the effects of selank and tuftsin on the metabolism of serotonin in the brain of rats pretreated with PCPA].

[Article in Russian]
Semenova TP, kozlovskiĭ II, Zakharova NM, Kozlovskaia MM.

Abstract

Effects of the peptide drugs selank (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro) and tuftsin (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg) on the metabolism of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) in the brain of Wistar rats preliminarily treated with the 5-HT-synthesis inhibitor p-chlorophenylalanine (PCPA, 320 mg/kg, i.p., 4 days before experiment) have been studied on a group of 87 matured rats. It is established that selank enhances the 5-HT metabolism in the brain stem 30 min after injection to animals pretreated with PCPA. In contrast to selank, tuftsin induced no changes in the 5-HT metabolism in the brain stem and decreased it in the neocortex on the same time scale. The data obtained suggest that the peptide drug selank can be used for the correction of disturbances induced by a decrease in 5-HT metabolism.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Selank has no sedating or cognitive side effects and no associated addiction or withdrawal syndrome.

Last edited:

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
[Protective effect of selank on the model of mnestic function violation induced by pharmacological blockade of protein synthesis].

AuthorsKozlovskiĭ II, et al. Show all Journal
Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2013;76(12):3-7. Article in Russian.

Affiliation
Abstract
We have studied the ability of peptide anxiolytic selank (Thr-Lyz-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro) to compensate for mnestic dysfunction caused by the administration of actinomycin D, which inhibits protein synthesis by blocking DNA-dependent RNA polymerase. The experiments were performed on white rats with acquired adaptive ability of spatial visual orientation in a 16-door labyrinth. The learning was based on the avoidance of electric skin irritation at alternating sites of escape reaction (site reflex). Selank (0.5 mg/kg, i.p.) prevented or compensated for actinomycin D (250 mg/kg, i.p.) induced violation of the process of acquisition, improvement, and consolidation of memory trace during the development of a complex site reflex. The drug administration also reduced the time required for acquisition of the adaptive ability of spatial visual orientation in the labyrinth and restored the actinomycin D violated process of re-learning upon a change in the alternation of escape sites under free-choice conditions.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Posted on another forum SuperiorPeptide is at...

"My research today of superior selank has been awesome definitely g2g. Will me trying more of their products soon! I experiences more calmness I havent felt for a long time. I was skeptical at first but this shit is great. You dont bug out over the stupid little things that cause anxiety. I took about 100mcg twice today to gauge how i feel. I think i might try 250mcg twice tomorrow. Is there any tolerance that builds up?"

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Posted on another forum SuperiorPeptide is at...

"My research today of superior selank has been awesome definitely g2g. Will me trying more of their products soon! I experiences more calmness I havent felt for a long time. I was skeptical at first but this shit is great. You dont bug out over the stupid little things that cause anxiety. I took about 100mcg twice today to gauge how i feel. I think i might try 250mcg twice tomorrow. Is there any tolerance that builds up?"

The first day I used it, I noticed the effect more than any of the other times...Not to say that their wasn't an effect since then. I think you have to keep your dose consistent and raise it when you feel it's not having the same effect.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Efficacy of Peptide Anxiolytic Selank during Modeling of Withdrawal Syndrome in Rats with Stable Alcoholic Motivation.

AuthorsKolik LG, et al. Show all Journal
Bull Exp Biol Med. 2014 May;157(1):52-5. doi: 10.1007/s10517-014-2490-4. Epub 2014 Jun 10.

Affiliation
Abstract
We studied the effects of selank on the development of symptoms of acute 48-h alcohol withdrawal in outbred rats drinking 10 % ethanol as the only source of fluid for 24 weeks. In alcohol-preferring animals (mean daily ethanol intake >5.0 g/kg) allowed free choice between 10 % ethanol and water, single intraperitoneal injection of selank in a dose of 0.3 mg/kg eliminated anxiety induced by ethanol withdrawal in tests elevated plus maze and social interaction tests and prevented the formation of mechanical allodynia without affecting ethanol consumption. The findings suggest that selank is effective in eliminating of alcohol withdrawal symptoms in rats.