©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

anyone run a similar sleep pattern

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I have ran a similar sleep pattern before I started back lifting ,I was running 3-4 hours sleep working 20 hours a day with a nap here and there unplanned for weeks on end without really resting on days off, it's eventually I believe what led to be shutting down my system and being put on trt.

The difference now is diet was shit then just keep going at any cost and now I eat fairly clean more Cal's , gear and lift . Just curious if anyone has run sleep like this and successfully made gains without putting themselves in world of shit. I have alot to accomplish this year so I'm considering 4 hours sleep with 2 planned 30 min naps plus modafinyl from a doc, not abused just what is necessary if at all plus gear, sups,thyroid, food etc. This should give me the extra hours in the day to accomplish what I want this year....

Haven't made my mind up to do this so would like all input good or bad. I know just for example there's guys on here that don't like modafinyl. I welcome there input as I plan to use it for brain function like it should be not speed.

Anyway fire away

https://youtu.be/lbFzL-0pEeU

Last edited:

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
i sleep 12am to 430am.....tired as hell...get off work around 5pm and get 2hrs of sleep then go workout..so i get around 6-6.5hrs a sleep a day...people ask how i do it... i force myself to workout..friends tell me why i dont go straight to the gym after work. the fact is im too damn tired..so i nap for around 2 hrs and go to gym...and i stay up late at night then go to bed at 12am...sucks but its hard for me to go to gym after 10hrs of work

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I think I could get away with 5 hours a day. However With the amount of physical work and training we do I don't think that would work well for recovery. But maybe catch up sleep every few days?
I typically sleep from 9pm to 4-5 am. But Ive had plenty of nights with 4 hours and I felt fine...

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
No one should be working 20 hours per day. Well not most days of the week. It's only going to lead to health issues. I guess if you need to it has to be done. But surely you can get by working less? If you can't then perhaps you are living beyond your means?

How much are you working now? Living on uppers with no sleep and your body or mind will break eventually.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
No one should be working 20 hours per day. Well not most days of the week. It's only going to lead to health issues. I guess if you need to it has to be done. But surely you can get by working less? If you can't then perhaps you are living beyond your means?

How much are you working now? Living on uppers with no sleep and your body or mind will break eventually.

The 20 hrs was just what I was doing last time, this time it's 12-14 hr days the extra hours after that is to get an extra hour in th gym and the rest is to get prodjects/ commitments finished that I've been trying to finish up for a few years now so I can just concentrate on work and retirement after this year. It's mainly the side crap I want done and over. Honestly I'd just pay to get some of it out of the way but I'm fucking picky and no one seems to take pride in work anymore so I'm stuck doing them myself like it or not. I've got one property to finish up another get away cabin to build for retirement and a few smaller personal prodjects. Id like to pull it all off without stims or uppers because I've seem the effects first hand and not looking to die trying to retire one day. Just watching the vid kinda wandered if anyone hand put this into real world practice and kept up with there bodybuilding goals because bodybuilding is my one vise that's not negotiable so to speak if that makes sense.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
The 20 hrs was just what I was doing last time, this time it's 12-14 hr days the extra hours after that is to get an extra hour in th gym and the rest is to get prodjects/ commitments finished that I've been trying to finish up for a few years now so I can just concentrate on work and retirement after this year. It's mainly the side crap I want done and over. Honestly I'd just pay to get some of it out of the way but I'm fucking picky and no one seems to take pride in work anymore so I'm stuck doing them myself like it or not. I've got one property to finish up another get away cabin to build for retirement and a few smaller personal prodjects. Id like to pull it all off without stims or uppers because I've seem the effects first hand and not looking to die trying to retire one day. Just watching the vid kinda wandered if anyone hand put this into real world practice and kept up with there bodybuilding goals because bodybuilding is my one vise that's not negotiable so to speak if that makes sense.

I have read about many successful people who are supposed to only sleep about 4 hours per day. The more hours worked the more productive you can be. I suppose it's just about finding the right balance. I have never used Modafinil but I hear it is good. That type of drug may suit you in small amounts compared to running high stimulants. Although to me not the sort of thing to be using around retirement age but others who have used it will be able to advise you better.