©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Just got in another accident...

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
this is the second time this year. i was making a u turn at the stoplight and i saw that my tire was about to hit the curb (i was driving a big truck) so i put my car in reverse and backed up....the i feel this bump. i hit the car behind me that was also making a u turn....im thinking its my fault cuz i put my car in reverse...but im thinknig...why didnt this guy wait till i was through...he must have sawthat i didnt fully make my turn yet. anyways...had to exchange info...called my dad to come out , he agreed to put it in as my dad was driving cuz if it was under my dad my license would be suspended for a long time and the insurance would be too much for me to handle....

so then we get home and i get this long lecture about how i keep fvcking up....

my parents were all telling me how hard they work and stuff like that and im spoiling myself buying all this stuff and putting myself in debt. eating out all the time and still asking them for money while i still have a job but not enough to where i still gotta ask them for money....

i realized that i am very unorganised and i need to get my sh!t together....i am really depressed now. i think i need to get off this cycle...im on the second week. please help with advice.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
You should be feeling better since your on a cycle. The cycle didnt cause your accident, and they are called accidents because they are not intentional. Your okay, the other guy is okay, and you'll forget all about this in a few days. SHit happens, and things could be a lot worse.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
shamrock10 said:
so then we get home and i get this long lecture about how i keep fvcking up....

my parents were all telling me how hard they work and stuff like that and im spoiling myself buying all this stuff and putting myself in debt. eating out all the time and still asking them for money while i still have a job but not enough to where i still gotta ask them for money....

i realized that i am very unorganised and i need to get my sh!t together....i am really depressed now. i think i need to get off this cycle...im on the second week. please help with advice.

Sham, how old are you man? I used to get the same lectures from my parents. I hated it, but I was also fucking-up pretty bad too, so I deserved it. You might want to listen to them. Prove a little resposibility be saving some money, doing what they say, and eating at home and the such. You can get alot better food if you cook it yourself. I wish I had it all to do over again.

Just my 2 amps

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Bro the night I got married I was talking to my father about becoming a man and all that shit. And I remember telling him, "Dad you were right." He says ,"about what." And I said "everything" You are still young so it's hard to see but you don't want to dissapoint your parents. My parents sent me to college and I blew that chance by fucking up for a few years. Now I'm a carpenter. It's an honorabe profession but you worry everyday about how long you can do this.

Stay on your cycle and channel your energy to things that are positive. Good luck

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
just got to move on, shit does happen, and if you let if bother you now, you will end up fucking up again because your mind is elsewhere.

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
*bump.... you guys know whos fault it was?? i mean wasnt he suppose to wait for my big ass truck to make a complete turn? i know i put in the reverse cuz i had to make a 3 point turn but wasnt that guy suppose to wait?? could it be both our faults since i put my car in reverse to make that turn but he didnt wait till i finished? i mean the guy did seem nervous but got all happy when i told him to put it on my dads name...but i never straight out said it was my fault...

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
SuperFly said:
Sham, how old are you man? I used to get the same lectures from my parents. I hated it, but I was also fucking-up pretty bad too, so I deserved it. You might want to listen to them. Prove a little resposibility be saving some money, doing what they say, and eating at home and the such. You can get alot better food if you cook it yourself. I wish I had it all to do over again.

Just my 2 amps
im 22 bro. just turned.

thunderterd

I love boobs
Mar 9, 2005
it's your fault. you backed up. i was in an identical accident, but someone backed into me.

Word of advice: check your mirrors

How big was this truck ?

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
was he at the stoplight before it turned green?

why not just go over the curb in the first place if it was a huge truck :)

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
dugie82 said:
was he at the stoplight before it turned green?

why not just go over the curb in the first place if it was a huge truck :)
no the arrow turned green at the stoplight the i made a u turn at the arrow. i was thinking yeah i should have just hit the curb....stupid mistake. i had my music on and it was at night so i couldnt see shit. he said he was honking but since i had my music on i couldnt hear.

its a 2005 toyota tundra v8 double cab.

this shit keeps happening to me man...it sucks...i dont want to loose my license or make my parents insurance skyrocket. they already work hard as it is and just bought a new house and dont need the extra debt.

Last edited:

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Anytime your backing, you'll always get the ticket. Trust me, I have a collection of them :D

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
ok so hes agreed to let me pay him away from the insurance. i also talked to his insurance and they said it was ok. can you guys help me with a release of liability letter??

heres what i have so far....

I, (HIS NAME), BY ACCEPTING THIS CAHIERS CHECK FOR PAYMENT OF $1000.00., RELEASE (MY NAME) OF ALL LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES TO MY SILVER 2003 FORD MUSTANG CAUSED BY THE ACCIDENT THAT OCCURED ON DATE: XX/XX/XX., ON (STREET NAME).

BY ACCEPTING THIS PAYMENT, I, (HIS NAME), ALSO AGREE TO TAKE NO PROSECUTIONS AND/OR INSURANCE ACTIONS TOWARDS (MY NAME). I ALSO AGREE TO VOID/CANCEL ANY INSURANCE CLAIMS I HAVE ALREADY MADE TOWARDS (MY NAME) WITH MY INSURANCE COMPANY.

....you guys think thats good....any tips or revisions from you guys is appeciated. he os coming to my house tommrow afternoon to accept payment/ sign this thing.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Unless anyone here is a lawyer, you might want to visit one. That is a sticky situation.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
yeah tru that id say it looks good but theres always loop holes bro...you have to get it notorized also

stussy

Anasci's Quote Editor
Sep 19, 2004
Make sure to have a witness(notary) sign it. NO Witness = his word against your word.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
Injuries

You need to add a clause that releases you from any responsibilities of injuries that may have occured. By you sighning with him on that letter you are admitting it was your fault. even though it was just a fender bender, 6 months from now he can sue do to back, neck, or ant other problems he claims came from the wreck and there aint shit you can do about it.

I'm with SuperFly....Call a lawyer or find a board with a lawyer on it. An injury lawsuit down the road will cost you alot more than the fee of a lawyer helping you with that letter now...........

smikey :eek:

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
yeah everything is all good he said he cancel his claim after i gave him the $1000 check. but then he made back and said the autobody found additional damage....$340 worth. apparently...when they opened the bumper...they saw that the left fender was also slightly bent. now he wants me to pay him the $340. he had told me that he had already canceled the claim....but if i dont pay him the extra $340 can he reopen it?

i already stated in the agreement that if i paid him that thousand dollars that i be released of all responsibilies. but is my agreement a legal contract??

stussy

Anasci's Quote Editor
Sep 19, 2004
shamrock10 said:
yeah everything is all good he said he cancel his claim after i gave him the $1000 check. but then he made back and said the autobody found additional damage....$340 worth. apparently...when they opened the bumper...they saw that the left fender was also slightly bent. now he wants me to pay him the $340. he had told me that he had already canceled the claim....but if i dont pay him the extra $340 can he reopen it?

i already stated in the agreement that if i paid him that thousand dollars that i be released of all responsibilies. but is my agreement a legal contract??

Did a notary sign it????

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
A notary is a BS way that people can make money by witnessing a contract. They stamp it and sign it. Your contract is still legal and you do not owe him any money if you have both signed it with or without a notary. If he decides to say it wasnt really him that signed it at a later date though, then you have to prove it was him. That could cost you more than $340. If you have an independent witness that he agreed to the original settlement whether it was verbal or written, you are probably safe.