©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How do you prevent injection infections?

thechopper

May 19, 2005
Juice Land
How do you prevent from getting injection infections? I know you are supposed to sterilze the area but is there anything else you can do? Thanks bros!

X-Spectrum

We've got it all!
Apr 22, 2005
Canada
thechopper said:
How do you prevent from getting injection infections? I know you are supposed to sterilze the area but is there anything else you can do? Thanks bros!

Clean injection site with alcohol before and after injecting. Hold the needle steady and inject slowly. Never let the needle touch anything else, and switch needles after drawing the gear.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
X-Spectrum said:
Clean injection site with alcohol before and after injecting. Hold the needle steady and inject slowly. Never let the needle touch anything else, and switch needles after drawing the gear.
also wipe down the top of your vial EVERYTIME BEFORE YOU DRAW YOUR OIL,if your needle touches ANYTHING besides of the rubber stopper,replace the needle,, also wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching any of your gear supply. and remember to let the alcohol dry on the vial before drawing from it and take30 seconds or longer to clean area to insure all bacteria in dead and just incase dont wipe or clean or needle with alcohol it is already sterile if it is coming straight out the pack there ius no need to touch it at all ;)

Last edited:

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Mix alcohol in your gear.

1 part gear
2 parts rubbing alcohol

Enjoy!!!! LOL!!!

P

pincrusher

KILLA said:
Mix alcohol in your gear.

1 part gear
2 parts rubbing alcohol

Enjoy!!!! LOL!!!
this was a joke, do not try it!!!!
like it was stated prior, always clean rubber stopper and injection area with alcohol swab prior to drawing up product and injecting. do not blow on the top of the vial to speed up drying time of alcohol as you will just be blowing germs back onto the rubber stopper. wipe both areas for at least 30 seconds to ensure all bacteria has been destroyed. always use clean needles straight from the package and do not let them touch anything.

SandMan-WES

ANASCI'S YOUNG GUN
May 2, 2005
Listen to Pin and Cawb,,, and all will be fine. now gather yourself and pop that gear rook...

P

pincrusher

i know some people are making jokes here but in all reality, we did have a member get a bad infection because he thought he was supposed to wipe the needle with an alcohol pad prior to use.
i really dont think this is something to joke about even if adding the J/K at the end. it is a little to serious of an issue to be viewed as something we can joke about. ;)

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
pincrusher said:
this was a joke, do not try it!!!!
like it was stated prior, always clean rubber stopper and injection area with alcohol swab prior to drawing up product and injecting. do not blow on the top of the vial to speed up drying time of alcohol as you will just be blowing germs back onto the rubber stopper. wipe both areas for at least 30 seconds to ensure all bacteria has been destroyed. always use clean needles straight from the package and do not let them touch anything.
Pin pegs it.And Always the first thing is WASH YOUR HANDS...

latino~heat

Truest Playa in da Game
May 24, 2005
Lower`East`Side
Most is always..always Take showers, etc..just cause u rub alcohol thats, only temp. as u shoot, yes its clean, but lots of us go and work out afterwards, etc...sweat comes into play, if u shoot in glutes- make sure ur draws are clean..hell lots of stuff..just stay clean bro.. :D
L~H

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
pincrusher said:
i know some people are making jokes here but in all reality, we did have a member get a bad infection because he thought he was supposed to wipe the needle with an alcohol pad prior to use.
i really dont think this is something to joke about even if adding the J/K at the end. it is a little to serious of an issue to be viewed as something we can joke about. ;)

true that. especially if its somebody with just a handfull of posts. (i know posts don't signify knowledge) but they can be asking a legitimate question, but by joking around, they may miss the "j/k" or something like that. :smoker:

P

pincrusher

steve0085 said:
I retract my ridiculous advice
hey steve, i know you had no ill intentions with your joke and they are always appreciated to help lighten things up a bit but i just wanted to bring it to everyones attention and not just single you out that we must use good judgement as far as what is appropriate and not to joke about. the injection thing kinda hit home a little because of the fact that a member did in fact get a bad infection because he thought that he must wipe not only the injection area & rubber stoppers but also the needle prior to injecting.
dont stop joking around as we all appreciate it just use a little better judgement from now on as to when it is ok to let er rip(this goes for everyone!!!!!)