©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Led tv help, not happy

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Just bought a 50" Visio led smart tv "ultra slim". Not too happy. It's got the damn black bars on top and bottom on some channels (direct tv). Picture looks like shit. Don't have hd channels. I can play a DVD and similar issues.

I went from about a 2-3 year old Visio 37". Wanted a bigger one and moving 37" to sons room. It works fine and is crystal clear.

I've played with the wide, normal, zoom, and panoramic. Any ideas? I could have pissed $750 on gear instead of this.

frizzlefry

Jan 8, 2013
You should be able to adjust the contrast, sharpness, brightness etc. You may be able to get a little better pic that way. What model is it, I'll look it up?

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
I THINK theres a section in the menu for tht...but also check yur directv box.
Make sure its on 1080 or wutever

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yeah those are good. Full hd 1080p .it's the e series right Ford? Check master tv settings like Lukifer advised. Once u get it figured out you will love it and visio are tops in quality. . Now if youre on Tren have the wife work on it. Lol. Kidn bro. Let us know..

Cable companies are crooks . That a whole new post.. :sFun_TVtrouble: <Ford

Last edited:

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
It's a Visio e500-a1. Let me play with some settings and see what I can do.

For some reason this morning all my channels are "full" screen, no black bars. I will make this thing work!

The Greek

Jan 14, 2012
A friend of mine has one and the view is simply amazing. Push those buttons until you make it right...kd kd...do you have a manual with instructions ?