©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

debunking cookie cutter peak weak myths

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017
Whats up guys? just curious what some of your experiences with the so called peak weak are. Weather you compete or cut down for the summer.
The science behind competitive body building has always intrigued me. I mean its just awesome to me the way a body can be manipulated even for just a very short time. The different types and styles of training all the different nutrition plans, partitioning for maximum gains. and of course the last part the drugs the AAS,insulin,Hgh,peptides,diet drugs ect. I have realized over the years that going to the gym to stay in shape even to lift to get big is very different from competitive training. There really is a ton of things that go into it and it can be complex if your looking to maximize and get the most out of what you do. This is why I needed a coach because Im just not that smart nor do I have the patience to lay it all out. what I do have is the discipline and the drive to work.

That being said as complex as it can be there are just some things at least for my body that are just plain simple and dosent take a brain surgeon to figure out what works and what dosent. When I do abc this happens ect.
all these crazy so called peak week manipulations. Have they ever really worked and if it does once and a while is it worth it to take a chance on throwing 16 weeks out the window.
One thing is I never take out sodium or water Its in all the way up to the day of and Im still drinking water with all my meals I may decrease a bit but if I take it out I get flat then I just look small .I also leave in testp low dose and hgh these I run for long periods of time and at this point Im not holding water from them. If I take them out my muscle bellies aren't as full and round. I can also load on low doses of insulin but we can save that for another day.

Let me know your experiences guys, what works for you, what dosent Im always looking to learn and try diff things. Chime in with your experiences thanks in advance

pesty4077

VIP / Donating Member
Jun 20, 2008
CALIFORNIA
When someone says they don't take sodium out, I wonder if they read labels or talking about food. I for one would limit it due to so much in foods here in America. As far as decreasing water, depends if you take a mild diuretic. Not that I suggest diuretics.

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017
When someone says they don't take sodium out, I wonder if they read labels or talking about food. I for one would limit it due to so much in foods here in America. As far as decreasing water, depends if you take a mild diuretic. Not that I suggest diuretics.

For me my diet is always the same I have digestion issues so Im limited to what I can eat especially last week so i read the labels and do a rough guess of what im taking in. Meat seasonings as well as foods and I salt my food as well so I keep water and sodium high.diuretic it depends.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
It depends on the person. I like sodium and water both high. But high sodium is from good sources and not any junk foods. If I have a date in mind I would increase water over time. Then the usual restricted calories and lower carbs. When on low carbs I like to have most around training. Then close to the date I start loading carbs. A simple water cut the night before can be great. I tend not to believe in most peak week programs with diuretics all week and extreme loads. If someone is in shape they are in shape and there are things you can do to make yourself look your best without doing anything dangerous.

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017
It depends on the person. I like sodium and water both high. But high sodium is from good sources and not any junk foods. If I have a date in mind I would increase water over time. Then the usual restricted calories and lower carbs. When on low carbs I like to have most around training. Then close to the date I start loading carbs. A simple water cut the night before can be great. I tend not to believe in most peak week programs with diuretics all week and extreme loads. If someone is in shape they are in shape and there are things you can do to make yourself look your best without doing anything dangerous.
Thank you I agree 100%

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
It's crazy when you read about what some guys do in the final week of prep. Usually the guys who do the crazy stuff weren't ready to begin with.

Ironlion2

Mar 9, 2018
question since I didnt want to make a new thread for a quick answer.

For the dry compounds in my pre-contest routine that I want to keep steady through all of prep (IE mast and primo) can I run the longer esters? I could get higher blood concentration for less cash?

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017
question since I didnt want to make a new thread for a quick answer.

For the dry compounds in my pre-contest routine that I want to keep steady through all of prep (IE mast and primo) can I run the longer esters? I could get higher blood concentration for less cash?

I dont see why not.As long as your running them right up to the show and not pulling them. What I like to do is run the long esters up until about 5 weeks out or 4 and switch over to short esters. I feel more in control and gives me the ability to drop a compound if I wanted or needed to and have it clear my system quickly. You never know. This lat prep was rough for me I felt like absolute crap, but there are a few orals that I would never want to compete without because of the look it gives me. Plus fat burners, epedra, ect. So had I started to feel any worse I could have eliminated Test prop,mast p, or Tren A or even just one of them.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Whats up guys? just curious what some of your experiences with the so called peak weak are. Weather you compete or cut down for the summer.

The science behind competitive body building has always intrigued me. I mean its just awesome to me the way a body can be manipulated even for just a very short time. The different types and styles of training all the different nutrition plans, partitioning for maximum gains. and of course the last part the drugs the AAS,insulin,Hgh,peptides,diet drugs ect. I have realized over the years that going to the gym to stay in shape even to lift to get big is very different from competitive training. There really is a ton of things that go into it and it can be complex if your looking to maximize and get the most out of what you do. This is why I needed a coach because Im just not that smart nor do I have the patience to lay it all out. what I do have is the discipline and the drive to work.

That being said as complex as it can be there are just some things at least for my body that are just plain simple and dosent take a brain surgeon to figure out what works and what dosent. When I do abc this happens ect.

all these crazy so called peak week manipulations. Have they ever really worked and if it does once and a while is it worth it to take a chance on throwing 16 weeks out the window.

One thing is I never take out sodium or water Its in all the way up to the day of and Im still drinking water with all my meals I may decrease a bit but if I take it out I get flat then I just look small .I also leave in testp low dose and hgh these I run for long periods of time and at this point Im not holding water from them. If I take them out my muscle bellies aren't as full and round. I can also load on low doses of insulin but we can save that for another day.

Let me know your experiences guys, what works for you, what dosent Im always looking to learn and try diff things. Chime in with your experiences thanks in advance

You sound like you know quite a bit so give credit to yourself since only you can really guide you . I been training , teaching coaching 40 years training , masters degree my cscs etc but my most treasured advice is never fully listen to most of what others experience because they are not you . Never car if other question your ways as a strong mind is a strong man who stand alone need approval of no one . It’s you that wakes up drives to gym , you that works your ass off blood and sweat and pain . We all share humanity but all possess various lifestyles, choices , structure , opportunities genetics hence no one thing will work precisely same . Just try keeping a sort of journal or diary until you got it figured . Remember change and variety is the core of all progress . Routine same stimuli is root of stale sticking ruts . Change have few things you do that work go back to them periodically. Our bodies physiological profile is responding to homeostasis fact not opinion. To resist change is to live in constant defeat and failure . Just keep on the journey . Be patient and dig in

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017
You sound like you know quite a bit so give credit to yourself since only you can really guide you . I been training , teaching coaching 40 years training , masters degree my cscs etc but my most treasured advice is never fully listen to most of what others experience because they are not you . Never car if other question your ways as a strong mind is a strong man who stand alone need approval of no one . It’s you that wakes up drives to gym , you that works your ass off blood and sweat and pain . We all share humanity but all possess various lifestyles, choices , structure , opportunities genetics hence no one thing will work precisely same . Just try keeping a sort of journal or diary until you got it figured . Remember change and variety is the core of all progress . Routine same stimuli is root of stale sticking ruts . Change have few things you do that work go back to them periodically. Our bodies physiological profile is responding to homeostasis fact not opinion. To resist change is to live in constant defeat and failure . Just keep on the journey . Be patient and dig in

Thank you. I really like that. Its true change is key. I try to embrace it. Its real hard because Being disciplined you have to implement a certain amount of repetition. same meals, same time,on and on especially while prepping. But its always in the change when I grow both in the gym and in life. I try and learn from my mistakes and past experiences. you have to walk in to uncharted territories to find out if this or that will work. Thank you for your post

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Thank you. I really like that. Its true change is key. I try to embrace it. Its real hard because Being disciplined you have to implement a certain amount of repetition. same meals, same time,on and on especially while prepping. But its always in the change when I grow both in the gym and in life. I try and learn from my mistakes and past experiences. you have to walk in to uncharted territories to find out if this or that will work. Thank you for your post

I am the same. Although if something is working stick with it. Sometimes people change things too much for the sake of change but if your plan is working stay consistent. Some go from one extreme to another but maybe even little changes are all that is needed to make a big difference. But as you posted it's often when you change things smartly your body responds well. This thread was a good read.