©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Zapcaps Way to Slow

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
I recently purchased some whatman Zapcap .22 bottle top filters. I didn't change anything in my recipe for test E 2%BA, 20%BB, GSO for the carrier and the zapcpas are way to slow. It was literally a drop per second maybe.

I have used Nalgene bottle top .22 and it has a much better rate. I use a laser thermometer gun to make sure I always start the filtering at 120 F. The Nalgene filters I use a hand pump at 16 psi and it does just fine. 250-500mL takes 10-15 minutes. The zapcap held at 20psi the whole time and after 30 minutes I had barely 50mL filtered. I tried with test E, EQ, and Deca each time I used a new filter thinking it may be clogged or bad. I used a 250mL glass wheaton bottle and each time same thing. They all held vacuum with no loss but filtered so damn slow.

Anything I am missing here ? I searched and Zapcaps got good reviews so I went with them this time around. I saw one thread from another site that said you had to use an electric pump however as long as it holds vacuum shouldn't it filter all the same ?

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Zapcaps are what works best when using guaicol. The filters will hold up better and not disintegrate. They are a very good filter but you don't use any harsh chemicals. Due to this it is slower. I like your brews not using guaicol or other chems. I too like to keep it simple.

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
Simple is always better in my eyes. More power to the guys that want to make exotic blends or high dose stuff. I would prefer to just inject a couple more cc's. Ever since I got a bad tren cough I never touched it again. What sucks is every now and then I will get cough from deca (guess it's the nandrolone family) but it's far less. I like the zapcaps due to I have bottles of different cap sizes (ebay and amazon are always a great buy) and I cant find an adapter for them to fit different filter thread sizes (again ebay and amazon).

At least now I know I am not crazy or doing something wrong.