©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Melanotan 2 for summer

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I wrote this awhile back but thought I would post for anyone interested as summer is approaching :)

Melanotan II

Melanotan 2 (MT2) is a synthetic cyclic heptapeptide that is mainly used to increase tanning. It stimulates a natural increase in melanin production. Melanin is the main determinant of skin color in humans. Melanin is a brown pigment which causes skin to become darker in appearance when exposed to UV rays.

Melanotan II was first synthesized at the University of Arizona when looking at possible ways to treat skin cancer. They hypothesized that an effective way to reduce skin cancer rates in people would be to induce the body's natural pigmentary system to produce a protective tan prior to UV exposure.

Clinical trials have shown that Melanotan 2 safely promotes melanogenesis. This is a process were melanocytes produce melanin. Lighter-skinned people have low base levels of melanogenesis. Exposure to UV-B radiation causes an increased melanogenesis. The purpose of the melanogenesis is to protect the hypodermis, the layer under the skin, from the UV-B light that can damage it. It does this by absorbing all the UV-B light and blocking it from passing the skin layer.

I have conducted my own research on the tanning effects of MT2. My own clinical trials have displayed the fast and pronounced effects MT2 has on promoting melanogenesis. MT2 is a very powerful drug in this regard and results have been seen with as alittle as 100mcg daily injected subcutaneously. Results increased in a dose dependent manner during my experiments. However side effects were seen in my testers at higher dosages. As a result I feel the optimal dosing range for future clinical trials would be 250-500mcg daily.

MT2 has also been shown to have aphrodisiac effects. Giuliano F et al. (2006) showed MT2 exerting a dose-dependent effect on erections in anesthetized rats. They went on to show MT2 having inducer and facilitator activities on erection depending upon delivery route of the peptide. There are various studies showing similar results in both animals and humans. Wessells H et al. (2000) highlighted the positive effect MT2 has on sexual desire and erections in men suffering with erectile dysfunction and various organic risk factors.

Through clinical research it has been shown MT2 has excellent fat burning effects. It was previously thought that it assisted weight loss indirectly due to its appetite-reducing effect. However, it now appears that MT2 has direct fat burning effects. Strader AD et al. (2007) is a great example of the direct fat burning effect. They conducted a series of tests including one that shown MT2 treatment led to a general reduction in both visceral and subcutaneous fat tissue in high-fat-fed mice. Choi YH et al. (2003) also showed in addition to reducing food intake and inhibiting body weight gain, administration of MT2 reduces fat mass. They concluded this was most likely by accelerated lipid mobilization, but not by apoptosis (cell death).

A very interesting effect MT2 brings about is it's ability to increase insulin sensitivity during researchers trials. Heijboer AC et al (2005) studied the effects MT2 has on hepatic and whole-body insulin sensitivity. Results showed administration of MT2 increased insulin-mediated glucose disposal but did not affect the capacity of insulin to suppress EGP. MT2's acute effect on insulin sensitivity was further highlighted during studies done by the Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine. Banno R et al. (2007) examined the effects MT2 had on insulin sensitivity in diet-induced obese rats. The insulin tolerance test showed that insulin sensitivity was significantly improved in the MT2 group compared to the pair-fed group. Furthermore, MT2 treatment increased the number of small-sized adipocytes in epididymal white adipose tissues, suggesting that MT2 increased insulin sensitivity through action on the white adipose tissues.

Side effects are usually observed when MT2 is researched. The most common noticed usually in the early stages of clinical trials are:
Nausea and decreased appetite, flushing of the face, tiredness and yawning, spontaneous erections (males).
These should disappear over a short space of time. Although I recommend bed time dosing to minimize certain side effects. An anti histamine is very useful 1 hour before injection. Ginger root is a natural anti-histamine and anti-emetic so is great for this purpose.

Less common side effects during longer trials include:
Darkening of lips, darkening of freckles, increased libido (females).
If you wanted to minimize these effects I would recommend using a lower dose. For the darkening of lips a high strength sun block should be used as a preventative measure.

References

1. Giuliano F, Clément P, Droupy S, Alexandre L, Bernabé J (2006) Melanotan-II: Investigation of the inducer and facilitator effects on penile erection in anaesthetized rat. PMID: 16360286 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
2. Choi YH, Li C, Hartzell DL, Lin J, Della-Fera MA, Baile CA (2003) MTII administered peripherally reduces fat without invoking apoptosis in rats. PMID: 12834806 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
3. Strader AD, Shi H, Ogawa R, Seeley RJ, Reizes O (2007) The effects of the melanocortin agonist (MT-II) on subcutaneous and visceral adipose tissue in rodents. PMID: 17567964 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
4. Banno R, Arima H, Hayashi M, Goto M, Watanabe M, Sato I, Ozaki N, Nagasaki H, Ozaki N, Oiso Y (2007) Central administration of melanocortin agonist increased insulin sensitivity in diet-induced obese rats. PMID: 17321524 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
5. Heijboer AC, van den Hoek AM, Pijl H, Voshol PJ, Havekes LM, Romijn JA, Corssmit EP (2005) Intracerebroventricular administration of melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity of glucose disposal in mice. PMID: 15971058 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
6. Wessells H, Gralnek D, Dorr R, Hruby VJ, Hadley ME, Levine N (2000) Effect of an alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone analog on penile erection and sexual desire in men with organic erectile dysfunction. PMID: 11018622 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE].

When I start MT2 I start with as little as 50mcg. The way I look at it is it means no horrible nausea etc. Even 100mcg can bring about a dark tan. I would stay around 100mcg for at least a week. Then slowly move up to a max of about 250-400mcg. 250mcg will give you a dark tan and if you move up slowly side effects should be minimal. Obviously the higher you go the darker you go but the chances of side effects increase. No one needs to be injecting 1mg... throwing away money.

Here is a pic (years old) of me on mt2...

15wgfnr.png

I am naturally pale white and burn easy but not on mt2 :D For reference here is a very old pic of me aged 22 and my natural colour...

2w3teef.jpg

I was on holiday in Turkey though so that's why I was so dark. That is an extreme example but shows you it's tanning power.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Mt2 is probably the most effective peptide on the market. I have been on it now for over 4 years. Funny, my kids look at my old pictures and make reference to "that was when you were white.". The only negative side affect I encountered was leaving Mexico from vacations. Customs is a bitch!

This pic was my second day day in the sun!
IMG_18297917664321-1.jpg

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yea I love melonatan 2 my ancestry is Irish so I'm right there with you but made me dark as hell as well

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
MT2 is one of my favs and run it damn near year round now. I have found that as long as I have food in my stomach, I don't encounter any nausea or stomach discomfort.

-s

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
My wife took 500mcg a week last summer and fall, and I had people try to tell me my wife was not white, but an Indian. I think she looked great.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Don't know if it was melonotan or the test but when I was taking it it had me hornier than a teenage boy I was having sex like a rabbit. I have heard from other people that it had the same effect on them

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Don't know if it was melonotan or the test but when I was taking it it had me hornier than a teenage boy I was having sex like a rabbit. I have heard from other people that it had the same effect on them

It did that to my wife big time.

Yeah it does this in men and women. I take it pre bed and within 30 mins I feel it's effects. Then in the morning I feel them again :D

VanillaMandingo

Nov 2, 2012
I have read somewhere that this peptide can change, darken, eye color as well. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on that subject?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
It also made my hair extremely dark from a redish blond to almost black especially my beard made my moles super dark as well. And my eyes maintained being blue as well. I love it and I will definitely continue to run it.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Damn all this talk about mt2 I had to crack open a new bottle ordered a bunch of em a yr+ back and thought there were three left nope 1:( guess I'm gonna have to find another deal sooner than I thought.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have read somewhere that this peptide can change, darken, eye color as well. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on that subject?

In all the years I have used it on and off it has never changed my eyes. It does darken my beard which I love as I get bits of ginger and grey in it :eek:

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012

Not here...eye color is the same and hasn't changed. I shave my head so, I have no idea on hair...I do believe there are some positive effects for sex too...just be careful wearing sweat pants..

-s

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Love me some mt2. Yeah my snow white beard starts turning black.
I think it effects most pigented tissues. Eyes looked super green on Mt2 but that could be the super dark skin. Great stuff but not as good as canaxithin eh mag8.
Nothing better than pumpkin orangelol. I think that is why that stuff really made me notice. wish iId had that 30 yrs back. i'll be talking to you soon elvia..
T

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Love me some mt2. Yeah my snow white beard starts turning black.
I think it effects most pigented tissues. Eyes looked super green on Mt2 but that could be the super dark skin. Great stuff but not as good as canaxithin eh mag8.
Nothing better than pumpkin orangelol. I think that is why that stuff really made me notice. wish iId had that 30 yrs back. i'll be talking to you soon elvia..
T

It's been awhile. We need to catch up. I am off to bed now as it's 4:30am :eek: Speak soon :)