©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Strongman road to 105k Pro

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Thank you bro! I'm headed to ATL this weekend to pick up a bunch of equipment and raw steel to make equipment. So I will have some more interesting training coming soon

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Alright, kinda a slow start to the week. Had a ok day pressing Monday, hit a easy 290lb on axle Monday. Went for a PR 425 front squat. Hit 405 easy, so 425 shoulda been doable. Started down and the bar was pushing against my throat so much that I blacked out an dropped it. That's only way I can GE the bar to stay on my shoulders is to push it against my neck and get it down in that crease of my shoulder so it won't roll down onto my bis. Oh well...

Today I hit a 395 bench. That's a PR for me, I've never been much of a bencher so that's big for me

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Alright, kinda a slow start to the week. Had a ok day pressing Monday, hit a easy 290lb on axle Monday. Went for a PR 425 front squat. Hit 405 easy, so 425 shoulda been doable. Started down and the bar was pushing against my throat so much that I blacked out an dropped it. That's only way I can GE the bar to stay on my shoulders is to push it against my neck and get it down in that crease of my shoulder so it won't roll down onto my bis. Oh well...

Today I hit a 395 bench. That's a PR for me, I've never been much of a bencher so that's big for me

Some strong numbers bro!

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Haha sorry, lets see... Tuesday night has been the only chance I had to lift this week.

I squatted 545 and then did deads. Pulled 605 like it wasn't shit... Then went for a PR 645. Got a bit over the bar to much, pulled it to my knees but couldn't get it over my knees

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
I have every 3rd Tuesday off, so I will have the whole day to fuel up. Pulling at 530AM just doesn't work well...

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Thanks bro! I haven't been able to train any events in awhile, but in getting a lot stronger!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Hey fu,
Doing a little local bench press competition next saturday. Haven't done a single in a while so tested it out today. Did 365x1 pretty easy so I think if I added 5% or about 380/385 I could do it next week.
What do you think I should open with? What do you think I should try and press on my last set?

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Hey fu,
Doing a little local bench press competition next saturday. Haven't done a single in a while so tested it out today. Did 365x1 pretty easy so I think if I added 5% or about 380/385 I could do it next week.
What do you think I should open with? What do you think I should try and press on my last set?

Honestly bro, I've never done a powerlifting meet haha see how you feel that day warming up. You want to make sure you hit your opener though. So if 365 was easy, open with that. From other PL friends, you want your 3rd attempt to be a PR.

Hope this helps...