©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Steroids and Blood Pressure.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
So back in August I had a Health/ Heart Scare. Basically I had very high blood pressure Premature ventricular contractions and Rhabdo. Caused by over exertion, dehydration etc. The blood pressure issue is ongoing. Doctor had me on ramipril and now he changed it to benicar(with diuretic).
My question is What steroids cause the least amount of problems with blood pressure. Im talking about your experiences. I am using NPP and It seems like that is really kicking it up even on meds. I seem to do ok on TRT.
Thanks in advance brothers

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
NPP/Deca (nandrolones) can affect BP as can all steroids, but studies have shown those are a no-no if you're prone.

Effects of nandrolone and resistance training on the blood pressure... - PubMed - NCBI

Long estered tests may be more troublesome than shorter esters in the time to clear and as estrogen builds, blood pressure may rise accordingly. Always keeping estrogen in check is key as well. On the extreme end of 'short' acting, TNE or suspension clears the quickest, however, estrogen is of note while using those, again, blood pressure and its reaction to estrogen levels.
I guess, basically, you may need to rethink how aggressively you administer your AAS as you seem to have blood pressure and cardiac issues and health should come first.
I am fortunate in that I'm not prone to many negative sides associated with AAS usage, however, I vigilantly monitor my BP, get blood work and in my experience, fluctuations in BP were although mild, noticed while using nandrolones, dianabol and high amounts of TNE or suspension.

Good luck brother.
G.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks Grim. That's what I'm looking for. I am also using test suspension @ 20mg every other day. I was doing well with that until I started npp. I am thinking npp must go.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Test and masteron are about the only ones that dont mess with my bp. Dbol does a little but not bad. Drol is a little worse than dbol. Npp would be the next worse. And its a tossup between eq and tren being the worst. Tren almost instantly causes a spike, whereas eq took a while but put me at 160/100 together with test and dbol. Most certainly wont ever touch eq again.lol

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
Most of this is based on diet and cardio.

My last cycle I was running a decent amount of tren and npp + clen.

My BP hovered around 105/65. I just don't add salt or sauces to anything, cardio 30 mins per day, and take tadalafil

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Don't forget about the impact that your body composition has on BP as well. I don't know what BF% you're at, but lowering bodyfat can be one of the best ways to improve high blood pressure, as well as overall health. Cutting weight can definitely be tough, but being leaner has many benefits.

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
i would stick with test <750 and primo imo. use aromasin @ 6.25-12.5mg 3x a week (assuming you got real aromasin).

sorry to hear about this buddy.

also do cardio 3x a week,lower salts,lose some weight etc

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
My worst numbers were when I was doing a gram of Test EW.
Granted I was doing other stuff too, but as soon as I lowered it, things got better.

Also my BP climbs when I'm force feeding.

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
ps,

i know several people that switched to pharm grade gear and their bp went down

the heavy metals in normal gear affect some people (higher BP/higher HR,etc)

warzonz13

Sep 2, 2013
A couple things that helped me was Hawthorne and celery seed. I was able to get my Bp down without having to be put on meds or coming off gear. I was debating primo until this worked for me. Keeping estro in check and cardio up will help alot. I would have lipids checked if you haven't already. I also keep a Bp monitor and check my Bp often.

Rpr4

Jul 16, 2014
south carolina
I'm currently on test sust and npp. My blood pressure has actually dropped for some reason. What's really weird is my cholesterol and bp has dropped since I started my first Cycle which was last year. I do take fish oil ever day though so that probably helps

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for all the advice. I have much respect for you guys.
My BP is now at 117/76....My blood pressure has NEVER been this level. I feel better than I have in a very long time. I always knew it was elevated but this past year it has gotten much worse. I see now that it is the ‎Hydrochlorothiazide That has worked. In just 3 days it went from 140/90 to normal.
I am a bit loose with the diet because I eat for FREE! But i keep it to lean meats and veggies mostly. I do notice that they cook with a lot of oil and salt. Looks like I have to start bringing my own food. I am going to cut way back on the salt and I need to drop another 30lbs and hopefully this issue will disappear for good.
Thanks Again for the advice.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
A couple things that helped me was Hawthorne and celery seed. I was able to get my Bp down without having to be put on meds or coming off gear. I was debating primo until this worked for me. Keeping estro in check and cardio up will help alot. I would have lipids checked if you haven't already. I also keep a Bp monitor and check my Bp often.

Ill check this out. I have used carditone while i was on tren and that helped some.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Don't forget about the impact that your body composition has on BP as well. I don't know what BF% you're at, but lowering bodyfat can be one of the best ways to improve high blood pressure, as well as overall health. Cutting weight can definitely be tough, but being leaner has many benefits.

When I do the calipers It comes to 17%(so to be fair it could be 17%-20%. I am a weird build. Wide hips, huge cavles, My hip flexers pop out etc...... So at 290 I have to lose 20lbs of fat to get to 10% bodyfat. I will continue on the low test and NPP till I run out and then switch to anavar at 20mg a day just to maintain muscle while I cut the fat. Im already doing 4-5 sessions of hit cardio a week. Im going to add some liss in there too just for good measure.;)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I use 10 mg lisinopril and like it. Also, cardio does wonders for my BP. It doesn't even have to be ass-kicking cardio either. I also think it helps your cholesterol profile.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Try adding 200mg of ubiquinol CoQ10 daily, as well. It's OTC and really can help with blood pressure.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
So back in August I had a Health/ Heart Scare. Basically I had very high blood pressure Premature ventricular contractions and Rhabdo. Caused by over exertion, dehydration etc. The blood pressure issue is ongoing. Doctor had me on ramipril and now he changed it to benicar(with diuretic).
My question is What steroids cause the least amount of problems with blood pressure. Im talking about your experiences. I am using NPP and It seems like that is really kicking it up even on meds. I seem to do ok on TRT.
Thanks in advance brothers

I think the key on cycle is not holding to much water/bloat and eating cleaner. Milder AAS such as ANAVAR..PRIMO are usually well tolerated.