©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Oregonstrong Intro

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I've been working crazy long hours so haven't been able to be on the forums as much as I like

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
I've been working crazy long hours so haven't been able to be on the forums as much as I like

I know how that goes brother. Things are gonna get real busy for me starting next week. This next month I won't have as much time on the boards.

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Welcome!

Dude how much meat can you get from an Elk?!

Thanks brother. You can expect 200-300lbs. Of packaged meat from an elk. I had to buy another chest freezer this year because my Dad and I both shot one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420211206.753647.jpg

Last edited:

Cratchet

Jan 5, 2015
I have never hunted but I support it. Maybe one day I'll try. I hear it is an intimate experience. The Hunters desire to not let the prey suffer is common. Very honorable way to sustain oneself.

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
I have never hunted but I support it. Maybe one day I'll try. I hear it is an intimate experience. The Hunters desire to not let the prey suffer is common. Very honorable way to sustain oneself.

You should give it a try it is very rewarding and you are correct brother. It's even more intimate when you hunt with a bow. You cannot be foolish and take a bad shot, I passed a couple nice big Bulls this year because I did not have a good shot. I was roughly 27 yards from this elk when my arrow hit her heart. She ran down the hill 70 yards and died in less than minutes. She has been feeding myself and my family very well so far this winter.

Last edited: