©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Basic Home Brewing Tips

ALLEX

Apr 6, 2014
Why would you not filter?

Because I've been using unfiltered gear for a number of years and never had a problem. Also, because filtering with a .22 takes a long while and the solvents can eat up the membrane.

Also, I don't sell... So, it's either for myself or close friends who trust the non-filtering method.

I've also been told by someone with a PhD in bio-chemistry that it's ok if you autoclave/pressure cook it.

So, there.

goback2013

Feb 25, 2014
Put in pan with cooking oil, not water, as moisture makes gear cloudy. Keep everything covered with foil.

After vial is sealed and crimped (I use a spoon), I cook it for 15 minutes in the pressure cooker.

Is the pan a glass pan, and do you place the pan on the stove top or in the oven ?

When you place in the pressure cooker.. do you put water in the pressure cooker ?
What is the purpose of the pressure cooker ? To ensure all bacteria have been killed ? Or to ensure an evenly distributed solution ?

ALLEX

Apr 6, 2014

twatwaffle

Sep 14, 2014
I’m in shock that some people don’t filter. I didn’t even know that was a thing ???

Have you non filtered guys ever stared at your gear in the vial and noticed almost microscopic traces of dust?

In all my batches from the most reputable raw sources around, there are traces of dust particles.

You don’t get an infection because it’s still sterilized through the chemical and heat process, but you are still injecting fucking solid matter into your muscles, if you do not filter. It doesn’t matter how clean your glass is, it matters of the hormone was handled and exposed before it got to you.

That’s honestly one of the dumbest things i have ever heard in my life. It’s takes like 5 mins to run several 100mls through a .45 filter. You don’t need a .22 because your not trying to sterilize it again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALLEX

Apr 6, 2014
I’m in shock that some people don’t filter. I didn’t even know that was a thing ???

Have you non filtered guys ever stared at your gear in the vial and noticed almost microscopic traces of dust?

In all my batches from the most reputable raw sources around, there are traces of dust particles.

You don’t get an infection because it’s still sterilized through the chemical and heat process, but you are still injecting fucking solid matter into your muscles, if you do not filter. It doesn’t matter how clean your glass is, it matters of the hormone was handled and exposed before it got to you.

That’s honestly one of the dumbest things i have ever heard in my life. It’s takes like 5 mins to run several 100mls through a .45 filter. You don’t need a .22 because your not trying to sterilize it again....

You're probably correct, but in real life it really doesn't translate into a concern, as many people have used unfiltered gear thru the years without issues. If I do notice floaters I may filter room temperature thru a 1-2um filter.