©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Doing CG lantus/keto protocol

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Forgot to check my glucose level when I woke up this morning but did hour after I have breakfast. It was 81 so it looks like pretty decent numbers for fasted and after eating.

Did some more reading on fortitude training and printed off the training logs. I think I'm going to start this Monday even though I don't have a total grasp of it so when I start my cycle I can be full bore into it. Was also looking over fortitude training forum lots of logs on there to get ideas from. I threw some muscle rounds into my shoulder training last night. I can see how they would be effective

I have everything I need ordered vitamins, Glutamine, essential amino acids Etc . along with all the gear and insulin.I have enough growth hormone coming to do 10iu for the 30 days but might just keep it at 6 just to make it last a little longer.

samson516

Donating Member
Aug 14, 2017
I think if you just concentrate on reading chapter 3 (pgs 79-104) a few times through you'll really have a good grasp of what you should be doing on this program. And then just fully commit to giving it at least a few runs through the entire thing. I've had this program since December and just started this week! I read it thru several times but just didn't commit fully to trying it until this week. Now I'm 2 sessions in (Days 1 & 2 loading and pump sets) and really liking it so far. Next up are the 2 muscle round days so we'll see how that goes. It's gonna take a little trial and error but I like experimenting with shit like that anyway so it's no big deal to me. Plus, I have to make substitutions & adjustments in exercise selection because I train exclusively in my home gym. It's a very well equipped home gym but it's not the absolute variety I'd have at a commercial facility.

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Thanks , read threw it again today and was looking at some logs on the fortitude training site . I think , im overthinking it LOL . Where im getting confused at is what need superset and zig zag . I did print out the logs to use but they dont mention zig zag sets . i do see the supersets for tier 1

Also i think a list of exercises he prefers in the book would be nice

I think if you just concentrate on reading chapter 3 (pgs 79-104) a few times through you'll really have a good grasp of what you should be doing on this program. And then just fully commit to giving it at least a few runs through the entire thing. I've had this program since December and just started this week! I read it thru several times but just didn't commit fully to trying it until this week. Now I'm 2 sessions in (Days 1 & 2 loading and pump sets) and really liking it so far. Next up are the 2 muscle round days so we'll see how that goes. It's gonna take a little trial and error but I like experimenting with shit like that anyway so it's no big deal to me. Plus, I have to make substitutions & adjustments in exercise selection because I train exclusively in my home gym. It's a very well equipped home gym but it's not the absolute variety I'd have at a commercial facility.

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
ok what do you guys think about this for week 1 day 1 FT training

Lower body exercises
group A:
Thighs - Squat,
Quads - Sissy Hack Squat,
Hamstrings – stiff leg deadlift
Adductors abductor Machine
Calves - Hack Squat Caves

Group B:
Thighs – front Squat
Quads - Close Stance Hack Squat
Hamstrings - Seated Hamstring Curls
Adductors - Precor Cable Adductors,
Calves - Standing Calve Machine

Group C:
Thighs – zercher squats
Quads – leg press
Hamstrings - Laying Dumbbell Hamstring Curls,
Adductors - Cybex "Bad Girl Machine" –
Calves – seated calf raises

Upper Body
Group A:
Back Width - Neutral Grip Chin-ups,
Back Thickness -rack pulls
Chest- Flat Barbell Bench
Shoulders - seated Barbell Press

Group B:
Back Width – Cable pull Down,
Back Thickness - T-Bar Row
Chest - Incline Barbell Bench
Shoulders – standing side Laterals.

Group C:
Back Width - Hammer Grip Hoist Cable Pull Downs
Back Thickness - Dumbbell Rows
Chest - Low Incline Dumbbell Bench & Cybex Pec Deck,
Shoulders - Wide Grip Smith Machine Upright Rows.

Week one tier 1 day 1

Lower load
All performed 6 to 12 reps
Thighs - Squat,
Quads - Sissy Hack Squat,
Hamstrings – stiff leg deadlift
Adductors abductor Machine
Calves - Hack Squat Caves

Upper pump
15 to 20 reps , 21, rest pause ,5s in the hole

Chest/back superset
Dumbbell flat bench – 5s in the hole
Smith row 25 reps

Sh/abs superset
six ways till my arms fall off
hanging leg raises

Bis/Tris superset
Cable curls 21s
Cable pushdown 5s in the hole

samson516

Donating Member
Aug 14, 2017
Yeah man don't overthink it!! Start with what you have written down there and see how it goes. You can always substitute stuff in and out if it's not working or you're not feeling it like you should. His recommendations in the book are:

Loading: barbell and dumbbell compound and isolation exercise choices with zig-zagging

Pump Sets: mainly machines and cables since it's pretty high-rep stuff

Muscle Rounds: pretty much anything goes here....whatever you think will work for you. His only caution is the exercises of choice need to be easy to pick up/put down or rack & unrack. A barbell back squat would not be a good choice for muscle rounds cuz you need to get under the bar, get your setup correct, unrack, back out, set up again, do your reps, rack the bar, etc. Too many moving parts. A hack squat machine or leg press is a much better choice for muscle rounds.

I recently saw a video on youtube of Scott and John Meadows going thru a shoulder session with muscle rounds. They started with lateral raises on a selectorized machine for 6 sets of MR, moved to seated overhead presses on a plate-load machine for 6 sets of MR, and finished on a rear-delt machine for 6 sets of MR.

Here was my muscle rounds session this morning (Turbo Version, Day 3, Tier 3:

Thigh - Leg Press w/bands & plates - 6 X 4 (no direct hamstring or quad work after the leg presses...even tho it's recommended on this day)
Calf - standing calf raises in rack with safety-squat bar. 5 x 4 then 1 x 8 failure. Only did 1 MR here even tho 2 is suggested.
Back Thickness -low cable rows - 6 muscle rounds (5 x 4, 1 x 6 to failure)
Back Width - Lat pulldowns with shoulder-width, neutral grip bar - 5 x 4 (failure point), dropped weight down a couple plates and then 1 x 6 to failure
Chest - Flat barbell bench on Max Rack (looks like a smith machine but the bar moves horizontally as well as vertically). 6 x 4. Left pec was a tad bit tight today so I didn't go to failure here. The weight I chose was actually perfect for the reps required.
Delts - Seated overhead presses in rack using football bar (neutral grip with a slight angle). 5 x 4 (failure point), reduced weight 20lbs and then 1 x 7 failure
Bi's - standing DB curls (one arm at a time) 5 x 4 (failure point), reduced weight 5 lbs and then 1 x 5 to failure
Tri's - rope pushdowns. 5 x 4 then went 1 x 10 to failure. Probably started too light

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Awesome ! great information thats a huge help thanks . so to be clear the muscle round

Bi's - standing DB curls (one arm at a time) 5 x 4 (failure point), reduced weight 5 lbs and then 1 x 5 to failure

this was 5 reps with a few second break then 5 reps repeated four times then thats your 1 MR set correct

Yeah man don't overthink it!! Start with what you have written down there and see how it goes. You can always substitute stuff in and out if it's not working or you're not feeling it like you should. His recommendations in the book are:

Loading: barbell and dumbbell compound and isolation exercise choices with zig-zagging

Pump Sets: mainly machines and cables since it's pretty high-rep stuff

Muscle Rounds: pretty much anything goes here....whatever you think will work for you. His only caution is the exercises of choice need to be easy to pick up/put down or rack & unrack. A barbell back squat would not be a good choice for muscle rounds cuz you need to get under the bar, get your setup correct, unrack, back out, set up again, do your reps, rack the bar, etc. Too many moving parts. A hack squat machine or leg press is a much better choice for muscle rounds.

I recently saw a video on youtube of Scott and John Meadows going thru a shoulder session with muscle rounds. They started with lateral raises on a selectorized machine for 6 sets of MR, moved to seated overhead presses on a plate-load machine for 6 sets of MR, and finished on a rear-delt machine for 6 sets of MR.

Here was my muscle rounds session this morning (Turbo Version, Day 3, Tier 3:

Thigh - Leg Press w/bands & plates - 6 X 4 (no direct hamstring or quad work after the leg presses...even tho it's recommended on this day)
Calf - standing calf raises in rack with safety-squat bar. 5 x 4 then 1 x 8 failure. Only did 1 MR here even tho 2 is suggested.
Back Thickness -low cable rows - 6 muscle rounds (5 x 4, 1 x 6 to failure)
Back Width - Lat pulldowns with shoulder-width, neutral grip bar - 5 x 4 (failure point), dropped weight down a couple plates and then 1 x 6 to failure
Chest - Flat barbell bench on Max Rack (looks like a smith machine but the bar moves horizontally as well as vertically). 6 x 4. Left pec was a tad bit tight today so I didn't go to failure here. The weight I chose was actually perfect for the reps required.
Delts - Seated overhead presses in rack using football bar (neutral grip with a slight angle). 5 x 4 (failure point), reduced weight 20lbs and then 1 x 7 failure
Tri's - rope pushdowns. 5 x 4 then went 1 x 10 to failure. Probably started too light

samson516

Donating Member
Aug 14, 2017
Awesome ! great information thats a huge help thanks . so to be clear the muscle round

this was 5 reps with a few second break then 5 reps repeated four times then thats your 1 MR set correct

No...the muscle rounds are 6 sets of 4 reps! So when I say I did 5 x 4 (failure point) and then 1 x 5, here's what I did...I used 40lb DB's and I did 5 sets x 4 reps but on that 5th set I could barely get the 4th rep (this is what Scott would consider a failure point) so I dropped down to the 35lb DB's for my last (6th) set and then took that to failure which ended up being 5 reps. Remember...he recommends taking the LAST set of a muscle round to failure. Does that make sense?

Here's what it looked like...I stood at the dumbbell rack and had a 40lb DB in each hand but I started and only did the right arm first...4 reps, rack both DB's, wait 10 sec, pick both back up, 4 reps, rack both Db's, rest 10 seconds, etc, etc, and then on the last (6th) set I dropped down to the 35's and did reps to failure which ended up being 5 reps. Then I did the same thing with the left arm. I wanted the DB in the non-working hand to help balance me out...lol.

Does that help make sense of it?

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
yep got ya , Thanks for the clarity . Im sure my first week or so will be a bit off trying to do new routine . thats why i want to figure it out before i start my blast

Thanks again

No...the muscle rounds are 6 sets of 4 reps! So when I say I did 5 x 4 (failure point) and then 1 x 5, here's what I did...I used 40lb DB's and I did 5 sets x 4 reps but on that 5th set I could barely get the 4th rep (this is what Scott would consider a failure point) so I dropped down to the 35lb DB's for my last (6th) set and then took that to failure which ended up being 5 reps. Remember...he recommends taking the LAST set of a muscle round to failure. Does that make sense?

Here's what it looked like...I stood at the dumbbell rack and had a 40lb DB in each hand but I started and only did the right arm first...4 reps, rack both DB's, wait 10 sec, pick both back up, 4 reps, rack both Db's, rest 10 seconds, etc, etc, and then on the last (6th) set I dropped down to the 35's and did reps to failure which ended up being 5 reps. Then I did the same thing with the left arm. I wanted the DB in the non-working hand to help balance me out...lol.

Does that help make sense of it?

samson516

Donating Member
Aug 14, 2017
yep got ya , Thanks for the clarity . Im sure my first week or so will be a bit off trying to do new routine . thats why i want to figure it out before i start my blast

Thanks again

No problem! Yeah you'll just have to play around with it. And definitely try to keep it relatively simple your first week or two thru it. I'm telling you you'll be surprised how tough (but effective) it is even by keeping it simple.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Interesting log. Is this the first time you have used lantus? Did you have carbs in your last slin runs or go keto?

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Interesting log. Is this the first time you have used lantus? Did you have carbs in your last slin runs or go keto?

Thanks this will be my first Lantus run. The last few times I ran insulin I've used carbs. I would say I used too many carbs s also LOL

I've been monitoring my glucose levels to get me a Baseline for when I start this cycle. Hopefully in another week I'll get the start just waiting on one more pack to drop

With that mind I did start a keto diet today to go ahead and get my body in ketosis. Not the same diet but similar as I'll be following when I start my cycle but high protein no carb stop diet

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
I do want to add in there that every insulin run I've done I keep a glucose meter with me. Glucose tablets are always in my bag along with a cola at work in case my sugar gets real low. So I do try to take a little bit of precautions. A little bit LOL

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Here's my first full week layout for fortitude training can't wait to get started tonight looks like fun

Week one tier 1 ***day 1
Lower load
A performed 6 to 12 reps
1 x Thighs - Squat, *2 min rest
1 x Quads - Sissy Hack Squat, *2 min rest
*1 x Hamstrings – stiff leg deadlift *2 min r2st
1 x Adductors abductor Machine 2 min rest
2 x Calves - Hack Squat Caves 1 min rest
Upper pump
15 to 20 reps *, *21, rest pause ,5s in the hole
Chest/back superset
1 x Dumbbell flat bench – 5s in the hole
Smith row 25 reps
Sh/abs superset
1 x six ways till my arms fall off
hanging leg raises
Bis/Tris superset
1 x Cable curls 21s
Cable pushdown 5s in the hole
Workout* *Week 1 tier 1 *Day 2
Upper Loading:
all performed 6 -12 reps*
2 x back *wide Grip Chin-ups,* 1.30 rest
1 x Chest- Flat Barbell Bench* *1:30 rest
*1 x delts **seated Barbell Press* *1:30 rest*

Lower Pump: *15 to 25 reps massive pumps*
1 x thigh Bulgarian split squats 15 reps 10 partials each leg ( 5s in the hole would be pretty sick here LOL)
1 x quad/ham leg press 15 reps 10 partials each leg
1 x calf seated calf raises 25 reps

Week 1 tier 1, Day #3, Lower Pump,
1 x MR Thigh ***Leg ext **5 sets *10 second rest between each then ALL out finisher *
1 x Pump Hack Squat (1½ Reps): *20 **reps plus partial till fail*
1 x *P Hamstring Seated Hamstring Curl (5's in the hole)
1 x MR *****calves Standing Calves: 100 reps
*1x P ****biceps Curl Machine (1½ Reps): 25x+ 10 partials
Week 1 tier 1 Day #4, Upper Body Muscle Rounds
Muscle round is five sets with a 10-second break in between each set and one set all out the finisher

1 x MR back thick *t bar rows*
1 x MR back width *wide grip pull down*
1 x MR chest incline dumbells*
1 x MR delts standing lateral raises
*1 MR Abs hanging leg raises

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Wow what a first workout! Was out of breath quite a few times even with taking the breaks specified

Week one tier 1 ***day 1
Lower load
All performed 6 to 12 reps
1 x Thighs - Squat, *2 min rest, 405x 10
1 x Quads - Sissy Hack Squat, *2 min rest 4,plates x12
*1 x Hamstrings – stiff leg dumbells 2 min rest 120 dumbells x, 12
1 x Adductors abductor Machine 2 min rest 115x,12
2 x Calves - Hack Squat Caves 1 min rest 2 45 25 reps.. Way to many
Upper pump
15 to 20 reps *, *21, rest pause ,5s in the hole
Chest/back superset
1 x Dumbbell flat bench – 5s in the hole 70 x5 x 15
Dumbells row 25 reps 80x25

Sh/abs superset
1 x six ways till my arms fall off 10 lb x 20
hanging leg raises 25 reps

Bis/Tris superset
1 x Cable curls 21s 115lbs
Cable pushdown 5s in the hole 90lb x, 5 x 15

Some weight was a bit to light but still a good workout

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
The training program looks great. Everyone seems to be following fortitude these days. Curious how you get on with lantus and keto especially if you have always used carbs with slin in the past. I have used slin fasted in the past and things need to be very planned as if hypo hits it comes fast. I would load in the aminos throughout the day to prevent any sign of hypo. Even without slin I have gotten great results loading aminos between every meal.

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Yeah the first workout was killer. I looked at fortitude training a while back and just never done it but I need something for a total change now. I will say though last night after my workout my legs were Tanked. I can feel a little bit in my upper body but my legs where hit pretty good

CG has eaa in his plan but I did get enough to add some in throughout the day also.
So I may just put them in all four shakes. I will definitely have my glucose tablets and such with me at all times.

The training program looks great. Every
one seems to be following fortitude these days. Curious how you get on with lantus and keto especially if you have always used carbs with slin in the past. I have used slin fasted in the past and things need to be very planned as if hypo hits it comes fast. I would load in the aminos throughout the day to prevent any sign of hypo. Even without slin I have gotten great results loading aminos between every meal.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Yeah the first workout was killer. I looked at fortitude training a while back and just never done it but I need something for a total change now. I will say though last night after my workout my legs were Tanked. I can feel a little bit in my upper body but my legs where hit pretty good

CG has eaa in his plan but I did get enough to add some in throughout the day also.
So I may just put them in all four shakes.
I will definitely have my glucose tablets and such with me at all times.

Better yet! and having the glucose tabs with you at all times is your "Get out of jail FREE card".

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
This workout was fast. After warming up it took about 35 minutes. Yesterday was about 45 minutes. Wasn't sure how my legs would be after yesterday's leg smash. Pump day for the was pretty decent though

Workout* *Week 1 tier 1 *Day 2
Upper Loading:
all performed 6 -12 reps*
2 x back *wide Grip Chin-ups,* 1.30 rest assisted chin-up - 40 lb of body weight * 12
1 x Chest- Flat Barbell Bench* *1:30 rest 225 * 12
*1 x delts **seated Barbell Press* *1:30 rest* 135 * 12

Lower Pump: *15 to 25 reps massive pumps*

1 x thigh Bulgarian split squats 15 reps 10 partials each leg ( 5s in the hole would be pretty sick here LOL) 30 lb dumbbell each leg dropped weight for partials

1 x quad/ham leg press 15 reps 10 partials three plates each side

1 x calf seated calf raises 25 reps 135 ended up going 50 reps