©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

has anyone here been prescribed trt by kaiser?

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
The only potential problem with this, is if you are covered by a plan and end up going out of network for treatment, there could always be an issue if some real health problems come up. Your provider can say that you received treatment out of network and against advisement and possibly deny coverage.

A for instance is if 2 years after going to an HRT clinic out of network and being on TRT you suffer a heart attack. Your primary care provider could possibly argue that the unauthorized TRT was a contributing factor in the heart attack and contest your claims.

Just a thought.

lunger

Nov 19, 2013
I know this is an old thread but this might be useful to anyone with Kaiser.
After years of dealing with Kaiser I recently found out that they have doctors not directly within the Kaiser system that take their insurance. If you look for a doc on the website see if they have an 'affiliate' listed. Looks like they arent confined to the 'Kaiser flow chart of medical service' and have more freedom to treat their patients.
I just went to one of these guys and when I told him the runaround I had been getting he looked at me says he thinks thats fucked up, writes me a lab slip and tells me if i still need supplementation he'll take of it!! So thats where I am with it.
Hope this might help someone.

Oakes680

Jan 21, 2014
Yeah I read it but I am having trouble finding an affiliated doctor on the kaiser website .... Was wondering where or how to find?

lunger

Nov 19, 2013
The pharmacy tech here is the one who turned me onto the ones local to me. You could probably also call member services and see what they say. My docs practice came up when I did a search on the website with my zip. Im not sure about all areas though. You may have to drive. The problem is Kaiser has 200 as the line where they will do anything at all. Didnt care about any other factor. symptoms, meds, medical issues whatever. My test came back 216 and i walked with a scpit. He also deals with a lot of older guys too so that may be why he is so comfortable with it. Anyway good luck to you.

lunger

Nov 19, 2013
Hope so. They can be a nightmare if your not one of the 95% of the people they are set up to treat. They are experts at "The runaround". On the other hand theres more than one way to skin a cat. So they say.. :)