©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

AnaSCI Movie Thread

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
The Joker was great. I can understand why some don't like it but it's fascinating to watch. Oscar winning performance.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Ending has received bad reviews.
I predicted it with about 45 minutes left.

What did you think of the overall movie? If the ending was good I would have rated the movie better so I tend to agree with the bad reviews. It started great and overall was decent. As someone else posted horror movies these days are usually a disappointment and this one was decent for me.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone seen Official Secrets? Dark Fate and Zombieland are next for me.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
What did you think of the overall movie? If the ending was good I would have rated the movie better so I tend to agree with the bad reviews. It started great and overall was decent. As someone else posted horror movies these days are usually a disappointment and this one was decent for me.

Overall movie was good.
I didn't even mind the twist about the boy.
Just the way they ended it was poorly done.

Has anyone seen Official Secrets? Dark Fate and Zombieland are next for me.

I saw Zombieland 2.
Thought it was too cheesy.
Enjoyed the first one.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Been binge watching Vikings....fukking badass! Just finished the halfway mark in episodes for season 4. Gonna watch the rest of the 4, and then season 5, before the final 6th season starts in December.

This might be my favorite show of all time....

I remember when it first came out, I was excited for it, but something happened and I missed the first couple episodes, then season, and after that, I didn't want to start on a later season. Amazon prime has them , so hence the catching up.

Figures i'd catch up when they are coming into the final season:(

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012

I saw it and 100% agree. Good movie.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Watched Doctor Sleep, didn't like it.
Thought they should have at the very least bought Jack back to reprise his role at the end.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Watched Doctor Sleep, didn't like it.
Thought they should have at the very least bought Jack back to reprise his role at the end.

I was just going to post the trailer then I read your post. Looks a bit weird. I might as well still post it. The reviews on 2 big sites are 7.6 and 7.7/10. I won't go the cinema to see it but if it comes online will probably watch it sometime.

STEPHEN KING'S DOCTOR SLEEP - Official Teaser Trailer [HD] - YouTube

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I watched it online.
The overall movie wasn't bad, different, but not bad.
I'm a fan of Jack Nicholson, so maybe them using someone else to portray his role is what didn't sit well with me?

Giygas

Feb 22, 2018
Overall movie was good.
I didn't even mind the twist about the boy.
Just the way they ended it was poorly done.

I saw Zombieland 2.
Thought it was too cheesy.
Enjoyed the first one.

Damn, thats disappointing. I love the first Zombieland. It's one of those movies I can always watch if I catch it on TV.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Zombieland 1 is a fukking classic, I love that movie. It had a good overall feel to it...crazy zombies, just enough (but not too much) cheesiness, comedy, and cool spots of traveling. I'll checkm out the second one on demand or when it comes out on the free movies, lol.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Zombieland 1 is a fukking classic, I love that movie. It had a good overall feel to it...crazy zombies, just enough (but not too much) cheesiness, comedy, and cool spots of traveling. I'll checkm out the second one on demand or when it comes out on the free movies, lol.

I watched the 2nd one a few days ago. I liked it. I laughed my ass off....

Thermo

Donating Member
Feb 11, 2019
East Coast
For those Netflix watchers, I watched 6-Underground last night. Michael Bay Directing, Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds, no big Studio to curtail what they wanted on film. I liked it, Loud, Violence, Heights, Attitude.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I really like crime and murder (and murder mystery) films especially with serial killers. Recently I watched Zodiac and Seven again and both are good. Silence of the Lambs is obviously a classic as I have seen that recently as well. I noticed Murder Mystery on Netflix and because it had Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in and was also a comedy I left it. Anyway last night I decided to put it on thinking I will probably turn it off but I found it great. It's silly in parts which is to be expected but it's also a genuine murder mystery and very entertaining.

MURDER MYSTERY Trailer (2019) Netflix - YouTube

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Last night I watched Dracula Untold. After reading the reviews I was very surprised how good the movie actually is. Luke Evans was great in the lead role. He was in the other movie I posted about above and whilst I was watching Dracula I was thinking are they the same person. I only knew his name after googling to see if they were the same person. Definitely recommended especially if you like vampire and/or war films.

Finephysique

Jul 6, 2017
Zombie land double tap is one of the worst movies ever, I only watched half of it as it was so bad I couldn’t finish it and I will watch just about anything at the minute.