©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First Deca run

machomadness22

Aug 19, 2015
Hey guys haven’t logged on here in a long time. Done a few cycles mostly test year round, never ran Deca before. Currently I’m on a cruise of 250mg a week. I usually opt for lower dosages and let diet and training to the rest. My question that I’m trying to really dial down before I start is on say 300mg of Deca a week is an AI or caber necessary? I ran tren at a low dose (250mg a week) last summer had no prolactin issues and I had bloodwork pulled almost at the end of the cycle.i just ran it with my cruising dose of 250mg I just don’t really like running an AI to be perfectly honest but from what I gathered on Deca as long as e2 is controlled you shouldn’t have any issues with prolactin? A lot of different things I keep running into so please correct me if I’m wrong any advice would be appreciated thank you!

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Hey guys haven’t logged on here in a long time. Done a few cycles mostly test year round, never ran Deca before. Currently I’m on a cruise of 250mg a week. I usually opt for lower dosages and let diet and training to the rest. My question that I’m trying to really dial down before I start is on say 300mg of Deca a week is an AI or caber necessary? I ran tren at a low dose (250mg a week) last summer had no prolactin issues and I had bloodwork pulled almost at the end of the cycle.i just ran it with my cruising dose of 250mg I just don’t really like running an AI to be perfectly honest but from what I gathered on Deca as long as e2 is controlled you shouldn’t have any issues with prolactin? A lot of different things I keep running into so please correct me if I’m wrong any advice would be appreciated thank you!

You shouldn't need anything to control prolactin. It's very often a non issue. Although there are no absolutes in bodybuilding. You could run the same cycle at different times and prolactin is an issue one time and not during the other. I can't see you having an issue on that cycle though. I assume your prolactin was in range last time you had blood work? Many use dopamine agonists just to make sure but I would never recommend that (especially long term usage).

How long have you cruised on 250mg test? Estrogen doesn't get high for you at that dose with no AI?

Everyone is different but I will just bring me in as an example. I also don't like to use AI's too much. I don't mind estrogen rising but I never want it very high (out of range). I just started 500mg test c and 300mg deca. For that I use 25mg aromasin and 20mg nolva twice weekly. Daily dosing is optimal but I just keep it simple and use 1 tab each on my 2 injection days so I never forget. That should be enough to control estrogen on my cycle without getting any unwanted side effects that frequent and higher dosed AI usage often brings me. Again we all have a different response but perhaps you can use something similar if estrogen (etc) start rising during your cycle.

machomadness22

Aug 19, 2015
You shouldn't need anything to control prolactin. It's very often a non issue. Although there are no absolutes in bodybuilding. You could run the same cycle at different times and prolactin is an issue one time and not during the other. I can't see you having an issue on that cycle though. I assume your prolactin was in range last time you had blood work? Many use dopamine agonists just to make sure but I would never recommend that (especially long term usage).

How long have you cruised on 250mg test? Estrogen doesn't get high for you at that dose with no AI?

Everyone is different but I will just bring me in as an example. I also don't like to use AI's too much. I don't mind estrogen rising but I never want it very high (out of range). I just started 500mg test c and 300mg deca. For that I use 25mg aromasin and 20mg nolva twice weekly. Daily dosing is optimal but I just keep it simple and use 1 tab each on my 2 injection days so I never forget. That should be enough to control estrogen on my cycle without getting any unwanted side effects that frequent and higher dosed AI usage often brings me. Again we all have a different response but perhaps you can use something similar if estrogen (etc) start rising during your cycle.

Thanks for the reply man. Yeah everything was g2g got bloodwork week 6 or soish on tren ace. I’ve been running 250 going on 2 years now everything is good to go. I’ll usually throw in one anabolic a year w/ test, I’ll be honest I’m not the best at blood work usually only go every 5-6 months unless I’m running an anabolic like tren or something in this case deca. But even still I usually just kinda listen to my body most of the time. I just hate taking an AI for multiple reasons.But yeah I’m about to bump up test to 375 and run deca at 300 so we’ll see how it goes.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I have never had prolactin issues with deca even when I dosed 900mg per week. I would still run 1/4 aromasin tab every day on that cycle but you may not need it.

machomadness22

Aug 19, 2015
I have never had prolactin issues with deca even when I dosed 900mg per week. I would still run 1/4 aromasin tab every day on that cycle but you may not need it.

Thank you for the reply yeah I think I most likely will run aromasin 12.5 maybe a few days a week get a feel for it and adjust as needed. Just to be safe

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Thank you for the reply yeah I think I most likely will run aromasin 12.5 maybe a few days a week get a feel for it and adjust as needed. Just to be safe

I think you're making a big mistake! Remember, Aromasin is a suicide inhibitor. Are you aware of the issue involved with tanking your e2? The issues with low HDL and the effect on the cardiovascular system? How long are you planning on running Test and Deca? Do blood work a month or so in and see where you are. This is the only way to know how you respond. If you wait until the end of the cycle, then what happens if you needed an AI much sooner?

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I’m always on deca or NPP. I never use AI’s. Estrogen gyno doesn’t kick in for me until test is over 600mg. I keep the deca dose lower than 400mg and never get prolactin issues.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I ALWAYS run test higher than my deca and think that's how everyone should run it. My junk points dead south if I don't. I don't think the numbers you guys are talking about is enough to get excited about with blood work. But it's good to be safe.

machomadness22

Aug 19, 2015
I think you're making a big mistake! Remember, Aromasin is a suicide inhibitor. Are you aware of the issue involved with tanking your e2? The issues with low HDL and the effect on the cardiovascular system? How long are you planning on running Test and Deca? Do blood work a month or so in and see where you are. This is the only way to know how you respond. If you wait until the end of the cycle, then what happens if you needed an AI much sooner?

Thank you for the reply very true and you’re correct I only planned on running it 8 weeks maybe 10. As far as the AI that’s the major reason I like to stay away from aromasin they only time I’ve used it was running test at 750 and I felt my nipples get what I thought were sensitive so I took one then another the following week kinda just listened to my body as far as taking it. Came off to cruise at 250 waited 4 weeks and e2 was all good to go. Probably wasn’t the best approach in all honesty but things did pan out in that aspect.

machomadness22

Aug 19, 2015
I’m always on deca or NPP. I never use AI’s. Estrogen gyno doesn’t kick in for me until test is over 600mg. I keep the deca dose lower than 400mg and never get prolactin issues.

Thanks for the reply man and yeah I think I’m kinda in the same boat as you.

machomadness22

Aug 19, 2015
I ALWAYS run test higher than my deca and think that's how everyone should run it. My junk points dead south if I don't. I don't think the numbers you guys are talking about is enough to get excited about with blood work. But it's good to be safe.

Agreed so how much different is your dosing? I was thinking of coming up on test to 375 and running Deca at 300. You feel like that’s a decent enough gap?

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I prefer to use more test than deca as well. 400mg test and 300mg deca should be good to you.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
For me the ratio means very little. The most important factors are the individual doses and controlling certain blood markers. Some people may have issues with 300mg deca or 600mg deca (the same with test) etc. Others love it and the higher they go the better the results. Obviously laws of diminishing returns (and increased side effects) will always come into play. Controlling aromatization can be very important when running deca. So the higher your test dose the more potential side effects you could experience.

I have experimented with higher test and higher deca. I recall doing 300mg test and 700mg deca and 700mg test and 300mg deca and I actually responded better to the higher deca. There are no right answers when it comes to these things as everyone is different. Although deca does cause quite a lot of people issues especially later on in a cycle. As a result I like to add in mast at a low dose as I think it compliments things very well.

Machomadness22 you are on the right path and 300mg deca is a sensible amount. It's enough for good results but nothing crazy. You will only know if you try it so experiment. I usually run test a little higher than deca as well but there is no real reason for that. Well apart from a little deca goes a very long way so you don't really need to mega dose it. I have tried over a gram of deca and it was fine but the side effects did come.

I like to gradually move up in a cycle but it won't make much difference. The 400mg test and 300mg deca cycle sounds just about right for you.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Deca and npp are two of my fav aas. Deca ranges from 200-600mg. 400mg test and 300mg deca is ideal for 1st time running both together.

machomadness22

Aug 19, 2015
Just a quick bump on this, I bumped my test up to 500mg (125mg sust EOD)just do how I felt I was feeling. So far obviously nothing has really hit as far as strength gains etc but I do notice joint relief which was another reason I decided to run deca I wanted to go heavy this winter and add some mass. Water retention has already taken place. Diet has not changed except I have obviously added in more protein but that’s about it. One refeed a week but I have definitely already lost my physique which is strange possibly an estrogen issue. I plan on bloodwork in a few weeks. Nothing else acting up yet so we’ll see still no AI or caber.