©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Warrant out for Conor McGregor

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Dana White appalled by Conor McGregor’s ‘disgusting’ UFC 223 rampage; arrest could follow

UFC President Dana White has no desire to be in the Conor McGregor business right now.

After McGregor's rampage through the Barclays Center, White called the now-former UFC lightweight champion's actions "criminal, disgusting," and "despicable."

White also said a warrant is out for McGregor's arrest.

"We, as an organization, need to make sure this never happens again," White told reporters shortly after the incident, which was caught on video by several people.

A spokesperson for the New York Police Department told MMAjunkie the police are aware of an incident that took place at Barclays Center and are looking into it. The spokesperson declined further comment.

White said employees from McGregor's website, TheMacLife.com, let McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) and a group of approximately 30 others into the Barclays Center, and the gang "stormed the building," throwing trash cans and dollies at a transport van filled with fighters, including women's strawweight champ Rose Namajunas, who were leaving UFC 223 media day.

A reporter from TheMacLife.com declined to comment on the incident when approached by MMAjunkie.

White confirmed UFC lightweight Michael Chiesa suffered multiple lacerations during the incident and was sent to the hospital. Chiesa was expected to fight Anthony Pettis on Saturday, though his status is in question.

Also injured was a UFC employee who suffered a broken knuckle during the melee.

"Obviously, everybody's shaken up," White said. "This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company."

White indicated the incident was touched off by an altercation between McGregor's teammate, Artem Lobov (13-14-1 MMA, 2-4 UFC), and UFC lightweight title challenger Khabib Nurmagomedov (25-0 MMA, 9-0 UFC), who is set to fight for the title McGregor was recently stripped of at UFC 223.

"And the worst part is, the women that are on the bus, they're fighters," White said. "Rose is a fighter and Karolina (Kowalkiewicz) are fighters, but these goons are throwing bike racks and chairs through the window of the bus and didn't care who they hit or who they hurt."

White said Lobov was part of the group that rampaged through the Barclays Center and won't be allowed to fight Alex Caceres (13-11 MMA, 8-9 UFC) at the pay-per-view event.

McGregor and his group were caught on camera leaving the venue in a van. White said police are looking for the UFC star.

"His plane cannot take off," White said. "He cannot leave the state of New York. I'm assuming if they don't catch him, he'll turn himself in. You can imagine he's going to be sued beyond belief, and this was a real bad career move for him."

Asked whether he wants to be in business with McGregor, White said "absolutely not."

White was at a loss as to why the promotion's biggest star went unhinged. He wondered aloud whether McGregor is on drugs.

"You don't like Khabib, and you don't like what happened, then fight Khabib," White said. "You can come in here and do it legally. (Expletive), this fight is happening Saturday. We could have talked and made the Khabib fight right after. You can do whatever you want to Khabib within the limits of the rules of fighting. But you want to grab 30 friends and do what you did today? It's disgusting."

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Yea, that's majorly fukked up. I love watching th eguy fight, but sadly, they need to drop the hammer on him for this. There is no excuse for this immature and possibly injury-occurring event to ever take place.

I'll say this, if I was a bystander and got hit, i'd be a millionaire afterward. I'd sue the shit out of him and those goons. The guy is getting more and more retarded on his actions. TBH, White may not be far off on the drug allegation, who knows. Seriously, what the hell is he and those guys thinking? Seriously STUPID.

On a somewhat more serious note....he's going to cross a real criminal one of these days and he will be killed. His mouth and actions, no matter how good of a fighter he is, cannot stop the bang of a bullet. There's a guy on every corner who will not think twice about putting him down if he were to cross them wrong.

Hopefully he gets his act together, he has a wife and a kid, he needs to set a good example instead of acting like a spoiled brat.

That being said, Dana will keep him, and the money is too much to decline for a future mega fight.

Conor = major $$$$ for the UFC

I hate this because I want to like the guy, but this is going too far:(

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
He's made a mockery of his career. Never defended either title...that's not a champion. He's a mess. I hope he's allowed to come back and fight Khabib. Khabib will murder him!

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
I saw the replay on ESPN. It was so bizarre. Do you think it was possibly staged?

Man, it did look pretty strange. It didn't seem as bad as I thought it would be....assuming I seen it all. Not saying it was right, but it was definitely bizaare. I'm not sure what to think.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Do you think it was possibly staged?

This was my thought, that it was setting up the Khabib fight...Although if it was they may have screwed themselves depending on the public outcry?!

Either way everything surrounding this guy is just bad news now!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
All of this is still about the money! Dana White said this is the most disgusting thing in UFC history...but has he cut McGregor? No or not yet. If it were anyone else, they would have been cut immediately after but I'm sure in the back of Dana's mind he knows how big Khabib vs McGregor would be after this incident. If Max Holloway were to win against Khabib, Dana would REALLY be pissed! Holloway is no joke either. This should be a good fight!

I hope Khabib does win on Saturday and 4 months down the road gets the McGregor fight and kicks the living shit out of him!

Last edited:

Dyers Eve

Oct 3, 2011
He got arrested last night, so I doubt it.

Yeah, I'm thinking probably not now. I see 3 fights on the card had to be cancelled because of injuries from the flying glass.
He is going to get sued for all that damn money he made in the Mayweather fight.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Holloway is out of the fight now too! I made a separate thread so everyone would see the news.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
In an interview Dana White would not say whether Mcgregor would fight in the UFC again.
Just kept saying that wasn't the Conor he knows.

Looks like eventually they will try to play it off as a drug problem, him getting "treatment" and working up to a huge paid day with Nurmagomedov.
The millions in suits won't touch him by the time this all plays out.
May not have been staged but you know White is already working out the details to use it towards his advantage.

Drama always brings business;)
The loss even if they had to refund the card would be an investment towards a real-money card!

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
Holy crap, this is a circus, lol. Thanks for the update, Bio!

Damn, lol.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
When you are set to lose millions in lawsuits why would you be allowed to leave the country?
Anyone other then a celebrity would be considered a "flight risk" at any bail hearing:

Report: McGregor's bail set at $50K, allowed to fly back to Ireland

Conor McGregor's bail was set at $50,000 at an arraignment hearing Friday for his charges of misdemeanor assault and felony criminal mischief as a result of his role in Thursday's incident at the Barclays Center, sources told Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting.

McGregor's passport will not be seized and he'll be allowed to fly back to Ireland, however, a court date has not yet been set, Helwani added.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
When you are set to lose millions in lawsuits why would you be allowed to leave the country?
Anyone other then a celebrity would be considered a "flight risk" at any bail hearing:

Report: McGregor's bail set at $50K, allowed to fly back to Ireland

Conor McGregor's bail was set at $50,000 at an arraignment hearing Friday for his charges of misdemeanor assault and felony criminal mischief as a result of his role in Thursday's incident at the Barclays Center, sources told Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting.

McGregor's passport will not be seized and he'll be allowed to fly back to Ireland, however, a court date has not yet been set, Helwani added.

Because he’s an easily identified celebrity that can be tracked down and extradited back to the US if he chooses to skip out on any further hearings or court dates. US and Ireland have strong diplomatic relations in these matters, and it would just be a matter of checking social media for his most recent location and sending the cops to pick him up.

The US government could also decide to forgo any further prosecution and simply designate him as an undesirable person and bar him from entering the US in the future. This would also effectively end his fighting career, provided that he even has aspirations of getting back in the ring.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Because he’s an easily identified celebrity that can be tracked down and extradited back to the US if he chooses to skip out on any further hearings or court dates. US and Ireland have strong diplomatic relations in these matters, and it would just be a matter of checking social media for his most recent location and sending the cops to pick him up.

The US government could also decide to forgo any further prosecution and simply designate him as an undesirable person and bar him from entering the US in the future. This would also effectively end his fighting career, provided that he even has aspirations of getting back in the ring.

I am far from saying he won't do anything aside from pay up when the times comes.
But if arguing your point, I would say there is no guarantee Ireland would be where he was going if he thought his career was over and didn't have plans of paying off any lawsuits!

He is human and should be treated the same, judicially as everyone else.