©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Check this out

fishcommiss

Apr 11, 2005
Wolfy...Check this out and see what you think. I am going to skip this week and start on this beginning next week. My triceps are not being worked much...only three exercises. I know I have a lot of back and shoulder exercises; however, on my back day...I'm working middle back w/ 3 exercises and lats w/ 3 exercises.

On shoulder day I'm working delts w/3 exercises and traps w/3 exercises.

The only thing I see that I have questions about is my 3 exercises for triceps...question is "Is it enough?"

Here are my workouts...I've done three. I will switch every eighth week. 8 weeks on and one week off. Switch workout. 8 weeks on and one week off. Switch workout. 8 Weeks on and one week off. Back to workout number one.

WEEK 1-8
Monday...chest
Flat Bench
Flat Fly
Incline Bench
Incline Fly

Tuesday…Biceps & Back
Inclined DB Curls
Concentration Curls
Barbell Curls
Wide-Grip Pull Downs
Underhanded Cable Pull-Downs
Close-Grip Pull-Downs
Middle Back Shrug (Inclined Bench)
Bent Over BB Rows
Bent Over DB Rows (Palms Forward)

Thursday…Shoulders & Triceps
Military Press
DB Press
Front Dumbbell Raises
Side Dumbbell Raises
Behind the Back BB Shrugs
BB Shrugs
Upright Rows
Close-Grip Bench
Tricep Push Downs
Lying French Press

Friday…Legs & Forearms
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calve Raises
Behind the Back DB Wrist Curls
DB Wrist Curls
DB Wrist Curls over Bench (Palms Down)

WEEK 9 - off

WEEK 10-17
Monday…Chest
Flat Bench
Incline Bench
Decline Bench

Tuesday…Biceps & Forearms
DB Curls Over Bench (Palms Up)
BB Culls Over Bench (Palms Downs)
Hammer Curls
Dumbbell Curls
Preacher Curls

Wednesday…Shoulders
Cable Shrugs
DB Shrugs
DB Upright Rows
Behind the Neck
DB Press
Front Plate Raises
Side Lateral Raises

Thursday…Triceps
Reverse Tricep Push Downs
Reverse on Bench & Curls
Standing French Press

Friday…Back & Legs
Legs
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calve Raises
Bent Over DB Rows (Palms Inward)
One-Arm DB Rows
Seated V-Bar Rows
Wide-Grip Pull Downs (BN)
Straight Arm Cable Pull-Downs
V-Bar Pull Downs

WEEK 18...off

WEEK 19-26
Monday…Chest
Flat Bench
DB Bench
Incline Bench
Incline DB Bench

Tuesday…Legs & Forearms
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calve Raises
DB Wrist Curls

BB Shrugs
Upright Rows
Behind the Back Shrugs
Standing French Press
Lying French Press
Reverse Push Downs
Tricep Push Downs
Behind the Neck
Military Press
Reverse Fly on Inline Bench
Inclined Front Dumbbell Raises

Friday…Back & Biceps
V-Bar Pull Downs
Wide-Grip Pull Downs
Seated Cable Rows
One-Arm DB Rows
Bent Over BB Rows
Inclined Dumbbell Curls
Barbell Curls
Hammer Curls

W

wolfyEVH

i'd still just stick with my routine i planned out......i'd do forearms on your back/bi day.......ditch the incline fly with some dumbbell declines or dips......

on the back/bi day, i hope you're doing back first, THEN bi's......i still dont see any deadlifts in there......i wouldnt do dumbell rows, and i dont know what a middle back shrug is.....stick with a wide pulldown on the lat bar, but not too wide, and go to the top of your chest, not behind the neck.......for bi's i'd just do some barbell curls (or alternating dumbbell curls) for about 3 sets, then some hammer curls for a few sets and thats it.......

the shrugs and upright rows on your shoulder day are mainly working your traps.....i'd just ditch them....you get a good trap workout on deads.....i also wouldnt do front dumbbell raises.....a good way to fuck something up.....just stick with some lateral raises (side) and military or dumbell press......4 sets each for just 8 sets (not including warmup). 8 sets is plenty for shoulders.....as you're also working them a bit on chest day......

tris will be good with 2 exercises as well.......try skullcrushers (or close bench) and press downs......again, 4 sets a piece......thats it......they'll be taxed from that shoulder routine to start with in the first place.....

legs, i personally wouldnt dick with the machines, just squats and leg press....you'll get a good hammy workout as well from the deadlifts....

i like to keep my workouts simple.......everything revolving around the compound movements, and just 1 or 2 sets of isolation....thats it......i always see the frat boys working out with me at the frat boy curl rack... (aka the squat rack) doing barbell shrugs.....i just laugh cause i know these guys dont do deadlifts or rows.....which are far better for the traps than that......the traps are not just at the top of your shoulder (back).....they go all the way down your back........do 4 heavy sets of deadlifts, and tell me what muscles hurt in your back........many people find it effective to neglect a certain body part that is laggin........like their bi's wont grow, so they wont directly work bi's for a couple weeks (just concentrate on heavy back movements) and they're suprised that their bis start to grow (mainly because of over training them) you have to remember that bench just doesnt work chest......rows and deads dont just work back, and squats arent just for lower body........

fishcommiss said:
Wolfy...Check this out and see what you think. I am going to skip this week and start on this beginning next week. My triceps are not being worked much...only three exercises. I know I have a lot of back and shoulder exercises; however, on my back day...I'm working middle back w/ 3 exercises and lats w/ 3 exercises.

On shoulder day I'm working delts w/3 exercises and traps w/3 exercises.

The only thing I see that I have questions about is my 3 exercises for triceps...question is "Is it enough?"

Here are my workouts...I've done three. I will switch every eighth week. 8 weeks on and one week off. Switch workout. 8 weeks on and one week off. Switch workout. 8 Weeks on and one week off. Back to workout number one.

WEEK 1-8
Monday...chest
Flat Bench
Flat Fly
Incline Bench
Incline Fly

Tuesday…Biceps & Back
Inclined DB Curls
Concentration Curls
Barbell Curls
Wide-Grip Pull Downs
Underhanded Cable Pull-Downs
Close-Grip Pull-Downs
Middle Back Shrug (Inclined Bench)
Bent Over BB Rows
Bent Over DB Rows (Palms Forward)

Military Press
DB Press
Front Dumbbell Raises
Side Dumbbell Raises
Behind the Back BB Shrugs
BB Shrugs
Upright Rows
Close-Grip Bench
Tricep Push Downs
Lying French Press

Friday…Legs & Forearms
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calve Raises
DB Wrist Curls

WEEK 9 - off

WEEK 10-17
Monday…Chest
Flat Bench
Incline Bench
Decline Bench

Tuesday…Biceps & Forearms
DB Curls Over Bench (Palms Up)
BB Culls Over Bench (Palms Downs)
Hammer Curls
Dumbbell Curls
Preacher Curls

Wednesday…Shoulders
Cable Shrugs
DB Shrugs
DB Upright Rows
Behind the Neck
DB Press
Front Plate Raises
Side Lateral Raises

Thursday…Triceps
Reverse Tricep Push Downs
Reverse on Bench & Curls
Standing French Press

Friday…Back & Legs
Legs
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calve Raises
Bent Over DB Rows (Palms Inward)
One-Arm DB Rows
Seated V-Bar Rows
Wide-Grip Pull Downs (BN)
V-Bar Pull Downs

WEEK 18...off

WEEK 19-26
Monday…Chest
Flat Bench
DB Bench
Incline Bench
Incline DB Bench

Tuesday…Legs & Forearms
Squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calve Raises
DB Wrist Curls

BB Shrugs
Upright Rows
Behind the Back Shrugs
Standing French Press
Lying French Press
Reverse Push Downs
Tricep Push Downs
Behind the Neck
Military Press
Reverse Fly on Inline Bench
Inclined Front Dumbbell Raises

Friday…Back & Biceps
V-Bar Pull Downs
Wide-Grip Pull Downs
Seated Cable Rows
One-Arm DB Rows
Bent Over BB Rows
Inclined Dumbbell Curls
Barbell Curls
Hammer Curls

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
so complicated what ever happened to the days of just enjoying the workout

fishcommiss

Apr 11, 2005
Thanks again...the reason I don't have deadlifts in there is because I lift at home in the basement and unfortunately I don't have any mats, but only a concrete floor. I use to do them in while training in the gym, but I'm now afraid that my weights will get slammed to hard on the floor. I need to look into getting a few mats. I will rearrange a few things and see what happens. I don't get on here too often, but look for me in a couple of weeks and I'll let you know how it's going and what I came up with. You're help is appreciated as always. Have an excellent week!

fish

fishcommiss

Apr 11, 2005
Yeah...I enjoy it, but I hate preparing for it. I am thinking that I am thinking too hard about all of this and under I'm under the impression that you are thinking the same thing, right? When i was in high school (14 years ago) I never got into it like this and I saw great results. I do think there needs to be a bit of planning, but perhaps not to this extent. Thanks Oracle for bringing me back down to the planet earth...HELLO!