©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

enanthate vs prop (water retention)

BIGENUFF

Mar 24, 2005
I would have to disagree "ester" describes the classification of longevity in the captive base solution of the test. "propionate" has a carbon range of 2.3 in which the active hormone can stay ample in the blood stream. "enanthate" has a carbon range of 7.4 which is also related to the "day" or carbon of the test. It will allow the user to have a estimated time of delivery - peak and excretion period for serum levels. In theory we say propionate will have less water retention and keep lean gains based on the idea that the mg and buildup of estrogenic activity will be low with propionate given median range of dosages will be in the 100mg-200mg administered range. On the other hand with "enanthate" typical dosages range from 250mg-500mg administered range. Leaving the user with a higher estrogenic activity if anti-estrogens are not used and revealing higher water retention per cell mass. In class of "water weight" Propionate would be low because the carbon or day period is 2 and a large buildup of activity to produce estrogenic activity would be unlikely based on the duration of active life in the blood serum vs. enanthate.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
BIGENUFF said:
I would have to disagree "ester" describes the classification of longevity in the captive base solution of the test. "propionate" has a carbon range of 2.3 in which the active hormone can stay ample in the blood stream. "enanthate" has a carbon range of 7.4 which is also related to the "day" or carbon of the test. It will allow the user to have a estimated time of delivery - peak and excretion period for serum levels. In theory we say propionate will have less water retention and keep lean gains based on the idea that the mg and buildup of estrogenic activity will be low with propionate given median range of dosages will be in the 100mg-200mg administered range. On the other hand with "enanthate" typical dosages range from 250mg-500mg administered range. Leaving the user with a higher estrogenic activity if anti-estrogens are not used and revealing higher water retention per cell mass. In class of "water weight" Propionate would be low because the carbon or day period is 2 and a large buildup of activity to produce estrogenic activity would be unlikely based on the duration of active life in the blood serum vs. enanthate.

I suppose this is why Prop is so popular in cutting cycles then.

W

wolfyEVH

BIGENUFF said:

finally someone with an explaination......however because prop works much faster, in turn, the sides people get from test will come on much quicker (however it is much easier to control sides on a faster acting testosterone) . The ester is also removed before the testosterone is active in the body, therefore you are getting the same testosterone in your body, just at a different rate. With prop, you reach your peak levels within days where enanthate takes weeks. Another thing with prop however, is that it is much more difficult to have a stable level of test in the body at all times; since the prop ester is quick, within a matter of hours your test levels will start to fall, until your next shot....fluctuating levels will cause more sides, and being just a couple hours off on your injections can make that difference (however like we know, the sides are more easy to control with prop).

Most of this is just personal opinion as well. I know guys who don't get much water retention from any type of test, and some who get it just by looking at the vial.......I think the determining factor is the person; what doses they are taking, and how they react to either a fast build-up of test levels, or a slow and steady buildup...as well as their food and water intake during their cycle

BIGENUFF

Mar 24, 2005
To be fair in the search for the answer. You would have to say they are finely similiar in the way that if you look wolf your correct. The end result is "testosterone" but the the slight difference in mg, carbon life, receptor saturation capabilities, will give you the end result. So we have to look at who wants what? Prop can most commonly be used for the initial pre-test to bridge the other longer longer acting test like Enanthate, Cypionate, Decanoate. It also can be taken with other EQ's, or Fina to add to the mix for many reasons- Sex drive, mental clarity etc. So in that we should just say they are meant for different things! We shouldn't have to pick either one :) I say use both!!!

But if your looking for less water I would say look to the prop. But it will always come down to and your correct food & water intake. Also how that person trains and if they are dedicated to getting things done and maximizing there results. You and I both know if a person shoots everything and only applies 50% to their work out thats what they will get 50% You have to give 110% in this sport.