©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What are your best lifts

baffew

Oct 16, 2004
Squot 525 pounds dead lift 450 dbflys 85 pounds leg press 1200 pounds and for some reason I cant bench for shit 250 pounds.Is that normal to be that strong every where else but one exersize I just cant improve on no matter what I do?

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
are you doing the same excercises? Are you also doing them in the same exact order? Try changing it up. One week do barbell another do dumbell. Or what i do is barbell incline and dumbell flat then change it the next. Your probably used to doing the same thing...try to "shock" your muscles into something different.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
How can you be doing flys with 85's but only benching 250. That doesn't seem right at all. I change my workout every 2 mos. That's usually when I see gains.

baffew

Oct 16, 2004
I dont know man it realy sucks though my trys arent realy small It dosent make sence to me.naoutalis or hammer s.I can bench alot but I cant do it on a flat bench.MY chest is freaken big too.I wunder if injecting into my chest would help?

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
baffew said:
I wunder if injecting into my chest would help?

I don't believe spot injections help....or else when i inject in my ass that would make it the strongest or my right thigh then my left....It's what your doing. What are your strengths as far as triceps, back, and shoulders go? Since you use those when you bench. Are you lacking in those areas? Even though you might have a "big" chest doesn't mean your strong. Size doesn't matter when it comes to strength all the time. I've seen small guys strong as hell. You need to look at your other secondary body parts and not just your chest to figure out why your strength isn't there.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
baffew said:
Squot 525 pounds dead lift 450 dbflys 85 pounds leg press 1200 pounds and for some reason I cant bench for shit 250 pounds.Is that normal to be that strong every where else but one exersize I just cant improve on no matter what I do?
Shit bro.....i wonder if I could ever be able to do your weights in the future...

P

pincrusher

my best lifts:
leg press=1400lbs
deadlift=495lbs
bench=315
squat=405
havent looked at my training logs but i believe these should be fairly accurate.

as far as the weak chest, i would recommend starting a powerlifters routine for your chest to bring the strength up. what could also be happening is that you are incorperating your front delts and triceps to much for your lifts. make sure you are squeezing the pec muscles during each lift. you can practise this by doing 10 minutes of side chest poses before you lift. most muscular poses also will flex the pecs. if it is not your pec muscles that are the weak link then you will need to focus on your triceps & front delts more. a good way to focus on them is to do partial reps on flat chest. on a smith machine set the stops so from the top point you can only lower the weight about 1/3 of the way down, and do your reps this way.

intense

Jul 23, 2004
Strengthen all bodyparts related to the bench press: Tris, Delts, upper back, Traps...yes traps are often ignored and comprise a great deal of the upper back region.

Try doing a shoulder shrug, military press super set

and suprset of power cleans and power rows

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I like to do a little bit of curls before i bench to pump up my bi's a little bit. It helps to cushion the pressing movement and keeps me firmer as i'm benching.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
Bench - 260X2 as of monday.
Squat - 405 as of 9/03
deadlift - 350X4-5 reps(~400max)
Power clean - 245X1

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
intense said:
Strengthen all bodyparts related to the bench press: Tris, Delts, upper back, Traps...yes traps are often ignored and comprise a great deal of the upper back region.

Try doing a shoulder shrug, military press super set

and suprset of power cleans and power rows

lats also play a huge role in the lower movement of bench(from chest to mid movement)

excape

Mar 10, 2004
I did a few about 2weeks ago,
bench 425 4-45's on each side including the bar 2 reps
deadlift 675 7-45's on each side '' '' 1 rep
squats 585 6-45's on each side '' '' 1 rep
d-bell curls 80lbs for 7 reps
leg press 1950 8-100lbs on each side(1600lbs) and 6 45's(270lbs) 7 reps plus da press
b-bell row 405 4-45's on each side for 6 reps

The hardest thing to do was the d-lifts. trying to start from the bottom takes a whole lot of shit and farts outta you. but these are just max... i dont do this all the time... maybe three times a year...

excape

Mar 10, 2004
Quick stats, 31yrs old, 5'8'', 235lbs... ive been lifting for 12 yrs or more... well more like power lifting for the past 5yrs... and im switching to bodybuilding as we speak... started about a month ago.... looking to do a show in sept. sometime... im currently on test 750mgs/week, deca at 400mgs/week, and just finished dbols at 50mgs/day- 6weeks... but here is my complete cycle..

Sus 1-6/w 750mgs, 6-12/w enathate at 1000mgs, 12-18/w Sus 500mgs
Deca 1-12/w 400mgs
dbols 1-6/w 50mgs, 12-18/w 50mgs,
gh 3iu's/day start at week 8 and all the way till show in sept

take a month off, second half cutting up cycle till show,

winstrol, prop, t3, clens, gh.... and a lot of cardio

and im done for the year.... start again in jan,2006...

Steve-O

Jun 30, 2004
I am 19 and will be 20 in April and have gained a lot since I started juicing. I wish I had juiced in high school, b/c I would have been huge. Our lineman coach would hit gets and us us pumped up and had some competition to compete with.

In High School last year before I Juiced

Bench: 185 2 x
Incline: 175 1 x
Dumbbell Bench: 65 x 3_8
Squat: 345 x 1
Dead Lift: 455 x 2
I always hated deal Lift, b/c we had to use the straight bar, and that makes it a lot harder.

In College Juiced UP Baby (2 Cycles starting another one soon) I have not been doing legs, yet. I am going to start on Monday, when I get my Juice. Any comments on how to work legs back end after an injury.

Bench: 265 x 3_8
Incline: 250 x 3_6
Dumbbell Bench:95 x 3_8
Dead Lift: **
Squat: ** have not dune them yet b/c I tore my ACL My senior year in football.
Going to start hitting the legs and I am going to be sore, I have not done lower body since a year :( :(

Everyone says I have gotten a lot bigger, I don’t think I have gotten that much bigger, b/c I want to be a little skinner and have a bigger chest. I attach a pic of me and tell me what you think.
****This was the best pics I could take of my self at 5:00 am without anyone up. I put some before pics up later.

Attachments

• Me 1.JPG
    Me 1.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 5

extremefighter

Feb 8, 2005
If your bench max sucks - do a heavy workout with lower reps. Here is an example:
Chest: Incline
warmup 225 X 10 (additional warmup with pec dec)
315 X 8
345 X 3-5
365 X 2
Thats it for incline go to the next excercise. I do incline bench, flat bench dumbell, hammer incline and maybe some cable work and that is it. The 3 sets of ten reps will not get you that strong.

Peace